Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Great news for being able to see it on a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Accidentally posted this in the Google home thread!

I'm planning to add some led strip lighting under my kitchen island but didn't fancy paying extortionate Hue prices so I picked up a Hue compatible controller. Only interested in a warm white strip so went with the most basic version - they do a RGB CCT version for the same price. Just needed to add a led strip and a power supply (already had an old one). It was found instantly by the Hue app and works very well apart from the dimming not being as smooth as the original strip which is no biggie for me. In fact it works better than the official Hue strip in that it remembers brightness and by all accounts colour settings too after a power cycle.

344ummv.jpg

Now I just need to source a good warm white strip - the cheapie one I got off Amazon is supposed to be 2700k but looks more like 3000k - any suggestions as to where I could get a true 2700k or warmer appreciated.

I wish they'd left the harmony stuff alone so you still had to 'talk to harmony', at least that worked. It's a mess with it linked to Home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Patww79 wrote: »
    I wish they'd left the harmony stuff alone so you still had to 'talk to harmony', at least that worked. It's a mess with it linked to Home.

I can no longer cast to my Shield or MiBox since the Google home app update. Far too many changes at once. I don't know where to start with this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

So Curry's have the home hubs in store. But they're showing at €1099.99 , I reserved one thinking they'd correct the price, but they couldn't there and then so waiting on them to get back to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

With the redesign of the Home app, how on earth do you now cast your phone screen to a Chromecast? It was obvious in the past, it was at the top of the main screen if I recall. I looked and looked with the updated app but can't see how you can cast now.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

With the redesign of the Home app, how on earth do you now cast your phone screen to a Chromecast? It was obvious in the past, it was at the top of the main screen if I recall. I looked and looked with the updated app but can't see how you can cast now.

Anyone?

Go to account settings in the app, it's the 4th tab at the bottom, and down the list you will see "screen mirroring".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

Unable to ask my Yeelight to change color to anything white, I can ask it to turn on/off no issues, ask for any colour other than white no issues.

But "okay Google change office light to warm white" she says okay changing, yet nothing happens, same for cold white. I can make it white using the Yeelight app no issues.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

calnand wrote: »
    So Curry's have the home hubs in store. But they're showing at €1099.99 , I reserved one thinking they'd correct the price, but they couldn't there and then so waiting on them to get back to me.

Did you get an answer? Don't see it on the website, although the do have the Google home max in stock.

I sometimes ask Google to spell my toddlers name, she gets a kick out of it. No such luck tonight, she hadn't a clue. Anyone else see any unusual issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

I sometimes ask Google to spell my toddlers name, she gets a kick out of it. No such luck tonight, she hadn't a clue. Anyone else see any unusual issues?

Current issues (noticed Friday)
    Ask it to turn off the office light - im sorry I don't understand / or which office are you talking about ( I have one room called office and only one)

Unable to turn my Yeelight to any shade of white (ever other color works fine)

Alot more not hearing what im saying or me having to repeat more than usual.

Is there any way to stop it telling me I can set up routines (already have some set up) every single time I turn on or off something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Patww79 wrote: »
    Is there any way to stop it telling me I can set up routines (already have some set up) every single time I turn on or off something?

Mine started doing that yesterday and it was really annoying.

I unplugged it which might have worked but not long enough to know yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Meant to post this last night, if you interrupt her while she is bleating on and say 'no thanks' she will stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

My sky sports news has stopped working with my morning routine anyone know of an alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

unklerosco wrote: »
    Did you get an answer? Don't see it on the website, although the do have the Google home max in stock.

No in typical Curry's fashion they never got back to me, so I called in at the weekend and they removed them from store. So I'll be getting one from the UK.

On the subject of routines, I can't seem to add any. I've gone off and Googled how to add them but it seems I simply don't have the option. Apparently you go to 'Settings - Assistant' and find the routines under that. I just don't seem to have the Assistant tab under settings. I've searched high and low for it but just can't seem to find it.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

On the subject of routines, I can't seem to add any. I've gone off and Googled how to add them but it seems I simply don't have the option. Apparently you go to 'Settings - Assistant' and find the routines under that. I just don't seem to have the Assistant tab under settings. I've searched high and low for it but just can't seem to find it.

What language you have it set to?

jones wrote: »
    What language you have it set to?

US English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

calnand wrote: »
    No in typical Curry's fashion they never got back to me, so I called in at the weekend and they removed them from store. So I'll be getting one from the UK.

Het the one in the UK, then go to cudrys in Ireland and return it, asking for your 1k refund :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue, the menu with routines simply isn't there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

andy125 wrote: »
    I have the exact same issue, the menu with routines simply isn't there

goto home app
    click bottom right icon
    under general settings click settings
    click assistant tab
    routines should be 6th item down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭andy125

Mech1 wrote: »
    goto home app
    click bottom right icon
    click assistant tab

Thanks for that :)

Mech1 wrote: »
    goto home app
    click bottom right icon
    click assistant tab

465072.jpg

This is the thing, I just don't have that 'Assistant' tab.

Uninstall and reinstall. That looks like the old app

Uninstall and reinstall. That looks like the old app

Hmnn the front end is updated. I have the new options to control home automation etc. I'll uninstall and reinstall later tonight though.

Mine looks like this on Android

465074.jpg

Ah it must be an old one so. Will post back once I've updated. Just uninstalled there now and it's the same. App version is 2.6.6.19.

Ah it must be an old one so. Will post back once I've updated. Just uninstalled there now and it's the same. App version is 2.6.6.19.

That's strange mine says the same 2.6.6.19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Mine looks like this on Android

465074.jpg

Mine is different I don't have what looks like a blue dog turd at the top of the screen :-)

Advertisement