Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭davegilly

b.gud wrote: »
    Just figured this out. My phone system language was set to English (Ireland) and once I changed it to English (United Kingdom), the same as my home mini, cleared the cache and wiped the data of the home app* I had routines and broadcast functionality in the app.

*I'm not sure if clearing the cache and wiping the data is necessary but it only took a minute so I did it just in case
    Fair play, mine working now too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

"sorry, I can't make calls yet"
    :( not looking good for us !

Yep,Got one as a Xmas present...not pleased as the phone call feature would have been really handy :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've just gotten the kids to bed, earliest they've been to bed since Christmas Eve, they f**king love Google Home. Having a 3 year old go "Hey Google play baby shark please" then dance to the whole thing then go "Hey Google thank you" is magnificent .

We are loving it too
    However,mine aren't as innocent as yours
    The last request was "Hey Google make a fart noise"
    😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Steve F wrote: »
    We are loving it too
    However,mine aren't as innocent as yours
    The last request was "Hey Google make a fart noise"
    😂😂

:D My home was being used to repeat what my little one was saying.....hey google say my daddy smells of farts :D **

I love how i can now know the time of night without reaching for my watch or phone (usually turned off) when im in bed, i just ask google home for the time. :)

** I swear i dont smell of farts.

• Advertisement

BTW Anyone disgruntled about not being able to make phone calls there is a card that came the the GH with email address you can contact them on
    I suggest we all complain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jogdish

BTW Anyone disgruntled about not being able to make phone calls there is a card that came the the GH with email address you can contact them on
    Yup very much - but sadly I used so much energy on the rte radio 1 not playing issue and hearing - sorry some features are not supported in your region yet crap.

Calls, rte radio from RTE not tuneIN,Hub being able to wake up to radio, why certain things only work with US english and not UK english, etc...etc...

Kinda disgraceful that they are selling the product in ROI with so many less features.We are paying roughly the same price as the Countries that do have Access to all the features I'm sure?
    Shafted again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I've one mini upstairs and one downstairs. Any idea if I can use as intercom or communicate through them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Broadcast is all I know of but it's not great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kinda disgraceful that they are selling the product in ROI with so many less features.We are paying roughly the same price as the Countries that do have Access to all the features I'm sure?
    Shafted again?

What features are we missing?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What features are we missing?

There was a list earlier in the thread if someone can help me out
    Mantis Toboggan The one I am most disappointed in is the inability to make phone calls...would have been really handy :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Shafted again?

It's not advertised as having the option to make phone calls here.

Who needs it to make phone calls anyway? Anyone with a brain has unlimited calls.

It's not advertised as having the option to make phone calls here.

Who needs it to make phone calls anyway? Anyone with a brain has unlimited calls.

It's more of a convenience thing than an "unlimited calls" aspect
    I'm fairly sure there are many,many instances when the feature would be handy to have
    Maybe we should ask users in the U.S. Canada and the UK if its handy as they have it as standard.Still we are just the poor neighbours eh?

I'm fairly sure there are many,many instances when the feature would be handy to have
    Maybe we should ask users in the U.S. Canada and the UK if its handy as they have it as standard.Still we are just the poor neighbours eh?

Were the tax haven.

Patww79 wrote: »

Were the tax haven.
    😂

... Anyone with a brain has unlimited calls.

Eh, sure if you enjoy crappy audio and the first words always being can you hear me.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Patww79 wrote:
    Broadcast is all I know of but it's not great.

Why do you say 'it's not great'? It does what it says on the tin?

Why do you say 'it's not great'? It does what it says on the tin?

I wouldn't call it conversational. It's more like using a friend as a go-between if two people aren't talking :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

"Hi Google, there's a list of features that nobody nowhere ever promised me at any time whatsoever. ****ing enable them now you pricks"

Cop the **** on, lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Is there a way to change the actuon word?

I struggle to say "google" so often. It tires me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Is there a way to change the actuon word?

I struggle to say "google" so often. It tires me.

No. Ok goo goo and ok Doughal or anything that sounds remotely like Google work though

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Patww79 wrote:
    I wouldn't call it conversational. It's more like using a friend as a go-between if two people aren't talking

But it works pretty well as an intercom! You know you have a phone if you want something more conversational?! :)

But it works pretty well as an intercom! You know you have a phone if you want something more conversational?! :)

I wasn't the one asking. Ment offered s suggestion and commented it's not ideal, which it isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You can enable Continued Conversation in the settings and the microphone will stay active for a few seconds after each command (so you don't have to say OK Google after the first command when giving consecutive commands).

Mr E wrote: »
    You can enable Continued Conversation in the settings and the microphone will stay active for a few seconds after each command (so you don't have to say OK Google after the first command when giving consecutive commands).
    ...except if you us UK english

"Hi Google, there's a list of features that nobody nowhere ever promised me at any time whatsoever. ****ing enable them now you pricks"

Cop the **** on, lads.
    Am I missing something here?
    Are you agreeing with us or are you saying we should enable the functions ourselves even though they aren't available?
    Indulge me please

Am I missing something here?
    Are you agreeing with us or are you saying we should enable the functions ourselves even though they aren't available?
    Indulge me please

Just adding to this
    Is it unreasonable to ask that we get the same features as other users in UK and US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Just adding to this
    Is it unreasonable to ask that we get the same features as other users in UK and US?

We use a different language region English (Irish) and are not really a huge target audience

• Advertisement

We use a different language region English (Irish) and are not really a huge target audience

Thanks.
    Still think it's unfair tho :rolleyes:

Advertisement