Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

jogdish wrote: »
    Steve F wrote: »
    No.I was just testing it again and RTE Gold was playing a song when the alarm triggered and the volume on the app went from 5% to 40% in front of my eyes Weird
    In the Home app, go to the screen with the picture of all your devices, tap device, the cog wheel for settings, alarms and timers, and there is a slider to adjust volume.

Thanks.That was the first thing I tried 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Same thing happens for me except I think the volume is 37%....it's very annoying as I want to use it as an alarm clock but the volume is too loud (as the mini is attached to my headboard)

If you go into Google Home settings under Alarms & timers, there is an "Alarm & timer volume" setting but it only seems to have an effect on a standard alarm rather than a radio alarm

fletch wrote: »
    If you go into Google Home settings under Alarms & timers, there is an "Alarm & timer volume" setting but it only seems to have an effect on a standard alarm rather than a radio alarm

Yes just had live chat with Google they are aware and are "working on a fix":rolleyes:

fletch wrote: »
    Same thing happens for me except I think the volume is 37%....it's very annoying as I want to use it as an alarm clock but the volume is too loud (as the mini is attached to my headboard)

I know I shouldn't have but I laughed out loud at that,sorry :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 217 ✭✭Cockford Ollie

If I use Google Assistant on my phone and say "Play X on the Kitchen Display" it performs a Google search. If I open the Google Home app on my phone and use the microphone there with the same command, it works.

It's the little things.

TuneIn doesn't seem to be working tonight for me...just responds "Sorry something went wrong...when you're ready give it another try"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It wss on the blink for me re BBC, seems ok now.

Back working now yeh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

This may have been answered earlier but the thread is 175 pages long :eek:

I have spotify family, so I have an acct and my wife and each of my children, can all of these accts be linked at the one time ? Hope I explained that properly.

I only just got the GH on Friday so a complete Newbie at this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have spotify family, so I have an acct and my wife and each of my children, can all of these accts be linked at the one time ? Hope I explained that properly.

Yes on each Google home each can link their own Google account using the app. In each app then you link Spotify as the music source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You might need to setup voice match also so she'll know which account to use.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Anyone notice the newstalk news source is way out of date. I keep getting one from last November or something. Everything else is perfect though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

jones wrote: »
    Anyone notice the newstalk news source is way out of date. I keep getting one from last November or something. Everything else is perfect though

I stopped using it because of that. Newstalk never seem to update it.

My Home Mini is linked to my gmail account but I don't sub to any premium music streaming services.
    However my daughter has Google music premium. If I add her gmail account as well as mine to the Home app on my phone will I be able to use Google music premium on the Mini?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

Steve F wrote: »
    My Home Mini is linked to my gmail account but I don't sub to any premium music streaming services.
    However my daughter has Google music premium. If I add her gmail account as well as mine to the Home app on my phone will I be able to use Google music premium on the Mini?

I think that will work only if you add your voice pattern to her account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

Google hub and 2 free mini,s for $99,shipping is about €30 with addresspal,not sure what the craic would be with customs

https://www.abt.com/bundles/product/128205/Google-Charcoal-Home-Hub-GGLGA00515US.html

These deals are popping up daily in the usa,but usually only for 1 day,then the deal moves to a different store

I bought this with AddressPal on 19th Dec when it was $129 not $99 :mad:

Arrived this morning.
    Item&Shipping:125.09
    AddressPal:15.99
    Customs:41.00
    Total: 182.08

Probably still a good deal. 56euro to get it into the country though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

I bought this with AddressPal on 19th Dec when it was $129 not $99 :mad:

Arrived this morning.
    Item&Shipping:125.09
    AddressPal:15.99
    Customs:41.00
    Total: 182.08

Probably still a good deal. 56euro to get it into the country though.

John Lewis in the UK would have been cheaper plus theres no issue with s US plug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Night time stories on the home are great for the kids. A nice way to fall asleep for them although i feel like iv lost my job :D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭54and56

Yeah reports are Google are already out of them. They're a great device, I have 2 of them

Thanks, just ordered one for the last non-smart but good quality Hi-Fi in the house. I was thinking of chucking it but giving it a complete new lease of life for €28 is a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,432 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Make huge use of one on a hifi setup paired to the Home Mini in the same room (to send audio to it). They must be holding back sales of the full size Home and the Max (which is horribly overpriced but gets used daily for a few hours a day here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

alta stare wrote: »
    Night time stories on the home are great for the kids. A nice way to fall asleep for them although i feel like iv lost my job :D

Wait wait wait... what? Tell me more!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Possibly an obvious one, but we got a google home mini around Christmas, and I notice that an awful lot of the cool features that I have seen people mention online are unavailable due to language or location. Any way around this?

dulpit wrote: »
    Possibly an obvious one, but we got a google home mini around Christmas, and I notice that an awful lot of the cool features that I have seen people mention online are unavailable due to language or location. Any way around this?

Just change the language to US english and viola

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,346 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jones wrote: »
    Just change the language to US english and viola

In google home app is it?

dulpit wrote:
    In google home app is it?

Yep

• Advertisement

What extra functions will you get by changing it to US English as opposed to UK or Ireland?

Advertisement