Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crap christmas presents...

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Well, you could do the whole face in it.

Try telling her that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

fizzypish wrote: »
    Try telling her that.

I'm just saying you could. It would look hilarious but you could. These are the rage at the moment and I can't see the difference between them and putting eyeshadow on your face. It's blue, green or purple sparkly powder for a ''celestial glow''. Like a cross between one of those creatures from Avatar and a fairy.

Blue Ice - Diamond white with an icy blue reflect
    Star - A moonstone fusion of mint, platinum and silver reflect
    Purple Horseshoe - A glittering lavender with an arctic blue reflect
    Pink Heart - Pearl white with a pink opal reflect
    Lucky Clover - A shamrock-infused gold with canary yellow diamond reflect
    Blue Moon - Frozen blue with a silver reflect

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ciAAAOSwFfhXjToa/s-l400.jpg

Although, looking at Google images, they look class on black skin. I'd wear them if I was black.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

I'm just saying you could. It would look hilarious but you could. These are the rage at the moment and I can't see the difference between them and putting eyeshadow on your face. It's blue, green or purple sparkly powder for a ''celestial glow''. Like a cross between one of those creatures from Avatar and a fairy.

Blue Ice - Diamond white with an icy blue reflect
    Star - A moonstone fusion of mint, platinum and silver reflect
    Purple Horseshoe - A glittering lavender with an arctic blue reflect
    Pink Heart - Pearl white with a pink opal reflect
    Lucky Clover - A shamrock-infused gold with canary yellow diamond reflect
    Blue Moon - Frozen blue with a silver reflect

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ciAAAOSwFfhXjToa/s-l400.jpg

Although, looking at Google images, they look class on black skin. I'd wear them if I was black.

I'm afraid your knowledge of make up has vastly exceeded mine. Out of curiosity, widdershins from books of the fallen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

fizzypish wrote: »
    I'm afraid your knowledge of make up has vastly exceeded mine. Out of curiosity, widdershins from books of the fallen?

I had to Google that. No, just Widdershins as in anti-clockwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Hmm no doubt about it a barbie doll house with no furniture or doll is the worst present I ever got. I'm after opening a present there that comes a close second but I know I should think of the homeless and those less better of than me ( mind you I work my arse off for the bit of money I get as do my friends so I feel like a bitch for complaining)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Linkin Park Cd.

I fcukin hate them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

an Axe! from the in-laws once - and wife got a box of matches one christmas ... wrapped up in christmas wrapping paper, from her parents .... they were weird anyway

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A tin of Andrews Liver Salts in a Secret Santa in work. I reckon the guy who gave the present just had them sitting in his desk drawer as he was notoriously tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I'm legit happy if I get any present now. :(

/sappiness.

Worst was probably the promise of a voucher for a specific shop (was "in the post"), but never actually got it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I got a packets of seeds one. I was thinking of maybe there is something to go along with it.....but that was it. Just seeds for some elderflower or something like that. Never sown anything in my life and suffer from hayfever.

• Advertisement

I have realised it is time to move on with my life and the people in it. I know I'm hard to buy for and I really don't expect much but I have dropped enough hints this year. " I'm running out of my favourite perfume" " I love dolce and gabanna" " god If I could have a bath of that dolce and gabanna light blue I'd be happy" hint hint. Selfish and pretentious I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I got a second hand racer one year, it was single speed but in fairness my parents were broke. I was about 12 from memory. Seeing my mate on his brand new Raleigh on Christmas Day was hard. Tough times.

Hmm I'm sorry Hugh Mungus I have put blood sweat and tears into listening to this persons ****e. A donation to some charity doesn't cut it. A donation to my perfume collection would have been perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My ex husband bought me a deep fat fryer after he broke ours and the following year a lady shave. Note I said ex husband!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

an Axe! from the in-laws once - and wife got a box of matches one christmas ... wrapped up in christmas wrapping paper, from her parents .... they were weird anyway

were weird.

At least you put the axe and matches to good use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

Joop. I split up with her shortly after....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

Bust Beauty Gel to prevent my breasts from ageing and sagging that was given with malicious intent from my flat-chested bitch of a sister-in-law.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Christmas Eve storm of 1996 and no electricity for most of Christmas Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A nose hair trimmer. I am 36 now and this was a few years ago. Ouch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

RobertKK wrote: »

Was it 96'? I remember one around 99/00 where we had no electricity down in Cobh and it was the best Christmas ever. Played monopoly by candlelight for 10 hours, drinks were had, arguements, double crossing... It was a great day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭05eaftqbrs9jlh

Friend got in a major Christmas tiff with his girlfriend cos she got him Laphroaig and Hugo Boss for Christmas. They're going out three months, I thought it was a very worthy present considering the time, but there you go. :(

I got a beautiful Mucha-decorated notebook that's long enough to write my poems and songs in and I got himself the Attack on Titan compendium. Stuff is just stuff but that's great stuff :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

A One 4 All voucher with 0 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

RobertKK wrote: »
    It was 1997 ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

If I had a bottomless wallet, this is the sh|te I would give out to the boardsies on my Ignore List (if you're on my list you cannot PM me, except you're a mod) choose your favourite:

https://youtu.be/-SvYEaQRbk4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    I got a second hand racer one year, it was single speed but in fairness my parents were broke. I was about 12 from memory. Seeing my mate on his brand new Raleigh on Christmas Day was hard. Tough times.

My older brother got a racer I got a girls bike, which I was very disappointed with, but obviously pretended I wasn't. Thankfully there was something wrong with it, so we took it back, got a full refund. I then bought a second hand racer off a family friend, it was too big for me, so my brother and I swapped and I ended up with his new yellow racer. We were both happy,he put cow horn handle bars on his, resprayed it and thought he was very cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Friend got in a major Christmas tiff with his girlfriend cos she got him Laphroaig and Hugo Boss for Christmas. They're going out three months, I thought it was a very worthy present considering the time, but there you go. :(

I got a beautiful Mucha-decorated notebook that's long enough to write my poems and songs in and I got himself the Attack on Titan compendium. Stuff is just stuff but that's great stuff :D

Your mate sounds like a right dick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Your mate sounds like a right dick.
    His girlfriend sounds nice though...I'd be thrilled with the scotch...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

osarusan wrote:
    For the last few Christmases my wife and I just buy ourselves a book or something and pretend they were presents from each other.

Prize bonds and millionaire lotto ticket and die hard colouring book, received today from OH, I kept waiting for my proper present but think that maybe it 😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Few years ago stoner housemate gave another housemate a bag of weed for Xmas. He thought it was crap I thought it was a mint present. Twas nice lemon haze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Dovies wrote: »
    My ex husband bought me a deep fat fryer after he broke ours and the following year a lady shave. Note I said ex husband!

My ex husband bought me a toaster and car mats!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nellieelephant

Coffee maker , I dont drink coffee 😒😒. Proberly worse than the earrings ( neither ear pierced) , at least they looked pretty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I get my TV licence from my dad and my car tax from my mam....suits us@

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

That's absolutely shocking.

I thought this was faux outrage at first but then..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

My ex husband bought me a toaster and car mats!

Along with some passive-aggressive festive cheer?

"I'm tired of you burning through my bread and walking all over me, happy Christmas"

• Advertisement
Advertisement