Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Find my iPhone - phone offline

Options
  • 30-11-2016 1:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I lost my iPhone and when I rang it it had been switched off. I've tried using "find my iPhone" but it always says the device is offline. I'm almost positive I did have "find my iPhone" activated on it, so I think it's odd it hasn't been turned on at all if its been lost/stolen.

Any thoughts on why it's been offline since?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Hi OP

the device is offline when its not contactable on any network.

EG the sim chip removed, and not on wifi - or the battery dead. Either is possible. However the user will not be able to wipe the phone and reuse it, as long as find my iphone is active. its only got parts value.

You cannot trace it unless it comes back online. however the IMEI no can and should be blocked - in case they know or guess your pin code - or god forbid you didnt have one on the phone.

some sensible steps here

http://www.phonesonline.ie/stolen-mobile-phones.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I lost my iPhone and when I rang it it had been switched off. I've tried using "find my iPhone" but it always says the device is offline. I'm almost positive I did have "find my iPhone" activated on it, so I think it's odd it hasn't been turned on at all if its been lost/stolen.

Any thoughts on why it's been offline since?

It maybe that it's still lost and the battery is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

My daughter lost her iPhone 8 today. It was completely powered down beforehand and si appearing as "off line" in find my phone. Should the last location not be recorded in the cloud. Additionally does anyone know if it's possible to find last location using the phone number itself and for free . Thanks for any assistance

Advertisement