Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Artane

Options
  • 30-11-2016 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Currently looking at some houses around the Artane/Beaumont/Killester area. Just wondering if anybody can advise me on what the area around St. David's is like? Houses look nice but not familiar with that part of the city. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

Personally I would focus on Killester as close to the Howth Road as you can get.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Recent new development on St. Davids Park. Sold out quickly I believe which shows a strong demand for the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

subpar wrote: »
    Personally I would focus on Killester as close to the Howth Road as you can get.

You would need serious cash for that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

We were lucky enough to buy in the Brookwood area of Artane about 3 yrs back, its lovely. Unfortunately house prices are starting to sail past 450k for 3 beds and i would say you would still need to put money in to them as many of the houses are dated. Built in the 50s and very old fashioned inside.

The same house as ours <1km away in clontarf is sailing past 600k currently... post codes eh

The parts of killester on the howth road could be 500-700k

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

baldbear wrote: »
    You would need serious cash for that area.
    You don't have to be on the Howth Road in Killester (very expensive) - just near it. Lots of nice houses within a 5 minute walk of the Howth Road in Killester that are affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

ixoy wrote: »
    You don't have to be on the Howth Road in Killester (very expensive) - just near it. Lots of nice houses within a 5 minute walk of the Howth Road in Killester that are affordable.

Agreed, up Collins Avenue in what would probably be termed Donnycarney are some lovely roads and houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Beanbheag

jon1981 wrote: »
    We were lucky enough to buy in the Brookwood area of Artane about 3 yrs back, its lovely. Unfortunately house prices are starting to sail past 450k for 3 beds and i would say you would still need to put money in to them as many of the houses are dated. Built in the 50s and very old fashioned inside.

The same house as ours <1km away in clontarf is sailing past 600k currently... post codes eh

The parts of killester on the howth road could be 500-700k

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Just wondering if the noise from airplanes bothers you there? Or if it's too loud while indoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Beanbheag wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. Just wondering if the noise from airplanes bothers you there? Or if it's too loud while indoors?

lol no no issues there, modern windows block it out and the flights only come over our house when the winds are not from a westerly direction, which is not often. Sure most of the northside would be on the flight path given the proximity of the airport to the city.

If you see here https://www.flightradar24.com/53.39,-6.22/12

The flights are nearly always coming in between Malahide and Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,627 ✭✭✭bren2001

Beanbheag wrote: »

In this area, even when I'm outside, I cannot hear the planes. Not an issue at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭nick 56

If you can get somewhere near St Ann's park. All around there is fine you have Harmonstown, Killester darts and loads of bus routes on the Howth rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

spurious wrote: »
    Agreed, up Collins Avenue in what would probably be termed Donnycarney are some lovely roads and houses.

Some of them have massive gardens for extensions etc. A lot of the houses have really decent sized rooms too. The only problem is parking, plus most of Collins Ave is always super congested

• Registered Users Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Beanbheag wrote:
    Currently looking at some houses around the Artane/Beaumont/Killester area. Just wondering if anybody can advise me on what the area around St. David's is like? Houses look nice but not familiar with that part of the city. Thanks

My sister had a house in St David's for around 20 years. She was one of the first houses on entering the estate. Sold the house only a few weeks ago. She liked it there. Never had any issues.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Planes only come over when there's strong crosswinds on the main runway.

Advertisement