Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ZZ Top - Dublin

Options
  • 30-11-2016 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Coming to the 3 Arena on July 28th. Looking forward to this one. Tickets on sale Monday 5 December.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Yep, looking forward to this too.

I attended both their live at the Marquee gigs in Cork in 2013 & 2015.

Both fantastic gigs.

They tend to play the same setlist 99% of the time and 90 mins is all you'll get.

But they are very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Looking forward to this on Friday.

Good review of the show here. http://ultimateclassicrock.com/zz-top-2017-concert-review/

Surprised that we could only book standing a few months ago - wouldn't have expected all the seats to be sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Saw them on the original Eliminator tour in November 1983, they played the Glasgow Apollo and they brought the red car which moved about in guide ropes above the audience, some gig. I'd say they played Dublin that year too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Saw them on the original Eliminator tour in November 1983, they played the Glasgow Apollo and they brought the red car which moved about in guide ropes above the audience, some gig. I'd say they played Dublin that year too.

Too young to go but they did:

OTQxMDhmNjIwNTVjYzM0MjkzZmNiNWQ3ZWVjZjlmMzjgh2bjhkmpnWBWaif8JgXbaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNTVlNGI1OGU4Yzc4MTdlZDQ4YWRjOWQyMDMyYmY2MDg3MDI5Y2M2OTJkM2YyMTkzZjE5ZWUzNzQ1N2M0MTI5ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzNjh4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Should be a great gig; first time for me to see them.

What time do you reckon they on stage? It says 8pm show...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

cant wait for tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Doors - 6.30pm The Red Devils - 8pm ZZ Top - 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Too young to go but they did:

OTQxMDhmNjIwNTVjYzM0MjkzZmNiNWQ3ZWVjZjlmMzjgh2bjhkmpnWBWaif8JgXbaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNTVlNGI1OGU4Yzc4MTdlZDQ4YWRjOWQyMDMyYmY2MDg3MDI5Y2M2OTJkM2YyMTkzZjE5ZWUzNzQ1N2M0MTI5ZS5qcGd8fHx8fHwzNjh4NTI1fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

I was there! Fantastic gig, but no car :(

Great show tonight, they blew today's rock pretenders out of the water.

However no thanks to engineers. The drum channel was out of whack with the guitars for the first three or four tracks - particularly on Waitin For the Bus which has a very tight rhythm - and the famous riff on Gimme All Your Lovin was not audible at all.

I could see Reverend Willy having a hernia whilst playing to the crowd as cool as a Louisiana alligator.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭dasdog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Absolutely fantastic, and everything I expected them to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Top class!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Better than i dared imagine! great set list and the sound was lethal once we got a few tunes in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Excellent gig, pity there was no Rough Boy.....but thoroughly enjoyable!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

60 ish people turned away who bought fake tickets.

Advertisement