Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightline Delivery Query

Options
  • 30-11-2016 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Today a package was delivered to my house by Nightline Couriers. I wasn't in at the time of delivery and it was left on the door step of the house. I don't have a garden so the front door is essentially open to the pathway/street.

I rang their customer services department and queried why the package was just left where it was and was told that they have permission from the sender to do this if the recipient is not in at the time of delivery.

This seems a bit odd to me, thought maybe a "sorry we missed you" type note would have been more appropriate to at least attempt a rescheduled time slot.

Any opinions? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

phil1nj wrote: »
    I rang their customer services department and queried why the package was just left where it was and was told that they have permission from the sender to do this if the recipient is not in at the time of delivery.

Any opinions? Thanks

Did you contact the sender and ask? The sender is the one with the contract with the delivery agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Also if you haven't signed for it, there is no proof of delivery to the recipient.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Paulw wrote: »
    Did you contact the sender and ask? The sender is the one with the contract with the delivery agent.

Sent them an email this morning. Just waiting on word back. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

At least they left it. I find Nightline usually just fail to deliver but maintain they phoned without reply or called when nobody was home - all untrue of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If you have the tracking number check it. I had a parcel left on a window directly opposite my gate. The seller did not give premission for the item to be left and the driver had signed my name.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've had them leave stuff at my apartment door recently. However, it was odd because they never rang the intercom bell on the main door, so I've no idea how they got in to get up to my apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

At least they left the parcel. I waited all day today for nightline to deliver. Missed a phone call from the driver, he then didn't even bother to come round house, just put it down as failed delivery.
    Apparently a phone call is a delivery attempt according to customers services

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

phil1nj wrote: »
    Today a package was delivered to my house by Nightline Couriers. I wasn't in at the time of delivery and it was left on the door step of the house. I don't have a garden so the front door is essentially open to the pathway/street.

This seems a bit odd to me, thought maybe a "sorry we missed you" type note would have been more appropriate to at least attempt a rescheduled time slot.

Any opinions? Thanks

I strongly support them leaving it on the doorstep. Pain in the arse otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Got an email back today from the company who I bought the item from. Under no circumstances do they advocate leaving a package unattended on a customers doorstep.....so Nightline are officially full of sh*t.

Good to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭foxy_j

So I'm wondering will I get my package today. I rescheduled it to today when I got a text two days ago saying it would be delivered yesterday

I then got a text yesterday saying it was going to be delivered that day. Tracking online said out was out for delivery then back on the van late last night and then back at the depot.

Today no text but online said it was on the van out for delivery and hour ago. Hmmm seems it could be anytime up til late tonight it seems or left on doorstep or not even attempted??

• Advertisement
Advertisement