Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will a claim effect my insurance over the coming years?

Options
  • 30-11-2016 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi, I have a comprehensive policy with liberty. 6 years fully protected NCB. Car is covered for up to €5,000.

The engine hit a rock which driving and burst the sump. Oil went out and damage done. Full rebuild needed which will cost in the region of €4k. Dont really think its worth doing but engines are very hard to come by for it.

If i claim for it on my insurance how much of a hit am i likely to take over the next few years and for how long will the claim effect my insurance. Is it worth claiming?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

MTBD wrote: »
    Hi, I have a comprehensive policy with liberty. 6 years fully protected NCB. Car is covered for up to €5,000.

The engine hit a rock which driving and burst the sump. Oil went out and damage done. Full rebuild needed which will cost in the region of €4k. Dont really think its worth doing but engines are very hard to come by for it (Subaru).

If i claim for it on my insurance how much of a hit am i likely to take over the next few years and for how long will the claim effect my insurance. Is it worth claiming?

If you have full ncd protection then the claim should not impact your premium in any way.

Advertisement