Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband

Options
  • 30-11-2016 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I am a Sky customer, looking to move to Eir for Fibre BB. All the cabinets in my town have been upgraded to Fibre. Trim.Co Meath.
    I am 350m to my nearest.
    However, lines tests say I can only get 18mb max.
    My house is only 20 years old so the line is not that old.
    Is it possible to find out which cabinet I am patched into if I pm you my landline number.
    Thanks
    R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,
    I am a Sky customer, looking to move to Eir for Fibre BB. All the cabinets in my town have been upgraded to Fibre. Trim.Co Meath.
    I am 350m to my nearest.
    However, lines tests say I can only get 18mb max.
    My house is only 20 years old so the line is not that old.
    Is it possible to find out which cabinet I am patched into if I pm you my landline number.
    Thanks
    R
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]TheGreenMachine,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I'm afraid as your service is not currently with us I would have limited access to your line & would be unable to check this. Apologies I could not offer you better news.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TheGreenMachine

Thanks for getting back to me Pamela. Sky actually told me because they use the eircom network, I'd have to contact you to get this info? ie. What cabinet my eir line is connected to?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Thanks for getting back to me Pamela. Sky actually told me because they use the eircom network, I'd have to contact you to get this info? ie. What cabinet my eir line is connected to?
    Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]TheGreenMachine. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That is correct however[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would need to contact openeir to request these details. Openeir is the eir wholesale department. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If your line is not with eir we would have limited access to this line & due to this I can only request this information for eir customers I’m afraid. If your provider contacts them directly they should be able to provide them with these details. Apologies I could not offer you better news.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement