Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Service Providers

Options
  • 30-11-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just hoping to get some advice on this!
    I'm moving from an apartment to a house in Dublin come January and I'm going to use it as an opportunity to see the best value certain service providers can come up with. I'd appreciate if people could give me any feedback on the following, based on your experience for reliability/value:
    1) Broadband/TV (especially if anyone has Eir broadband and Sky TV, wondering how that works, does it mean separate tv boxes for BT/Eir Sport through Eir broadband and another from Sky for their TV?)
    2) Electricity/Gas (I know it depends on the current tariff you're signed up to but has anyone experienced notable savings in changing provider)
    3) Bins/Refuse (most reliable and providing good value)

Thanks!

Comments

Moved to consumer issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Accommodation & Property

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Virgin have the best broadband - unmatchable with current landline tech - but the worst hardware. You need to spend decent money on extra hardware to get decent wifi.

You can request your 'free' eir sport from the broadband to be added to Sky. Done via their website.

Electricity/gas will save you ~10-15% over the standard price any supplier charges. Usually (but not always) you absolutely have to change every year or at least phone your current one and insist on the new customer rate. Avoid prepay providers like the plague.

Bins are 100% area dependent.

Advertisement