Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aiken Promotions Festival Announcement - Monday Dec 5th at 11am

Options
  • 30-11-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Aiken Promotions are announcing a major new festival for 2017.

The announcement will take place simultaneously at Wesport House, Co. Mayo and Enniskillen Airport on Monday at 11am.

Media have been invited via Gerry Lundberg PR - Any ideas??

PS.. The last time Aiken did this kind of announcement, it was Garth Brooks, just saying!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Aiken Promotions are announcing a major new festival for 2017.

The announcement will take place simultaneously at Wesport House, Co. Mayo and Enniskillen Airport on Monday at 11am.

Media have been invited via Gerry Lundberg PR - Any ideas??

PS.. The last time Aiken did this kind of announcement, it was Garth Brooks, just saying!!!

Id say Bryan Adams will be there (i know he played the old Wesport Music Festival) and he is doing some outdoor shows in the UK during the summer.
    Can also see Rod Stewart as well .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

GNR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

Ohh, getting excited at the thought of Garth Brooks.

Can somebody track his plane again?

Would they really have a major announcement of a festival with Bryan Adams playing. He plays here every few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

The Raptor wrote: »
    Ohh, getting excited at the thought of Garth Brooks.

Can somebody track his plane again?

First thing I thought of was a country music festival.. It sounds like it's something big!

• Advertisement

A country festival with Garth.

First thing I thought of was a country music festival.. It sounds like it's something big!

Country music is very big at the moment.

Good god i hope its not a country festival (although id prob still go to Brooks for the larf)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

is it common to announce something like this at 2 venues? :confused:

that would suggest to me that the event will be running concurrently at both over the same weekend, eg. act plays Westport on Saturday, Enniskillen on Sunday.

given that presumably Westport House will the venue (or one of them), I can't see this being that major an announcement really anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

I reckon its a rock festival featuring

GnR
    Foo Fighters
    Kiss
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    System Of A Down
    Plus many more to be announced....

Might as well dream here as in my bed :D

• Advertisement

is it common to announce something like this at 2 venues? :confused:

that would suggest to me that the event will be running concurrently at both over the same weekend, eg. act plays Westport on Saturday, Enniskillen on Sunday.

given that presumably Westport House will the venue (or one of them), I can't see this being that major an announcement really anyway.

I would have thought the same but it's definitely not common practice to hold a press conference and invite media along unless it's something big. In the past they have done it for Garth Brooks in Croke Park, MCD have done it with Robbie Williams, Bon Jovi etc, I work in media and the last time I remember something like this by Aiken, was for Garth Brooks.. could it be a multi city country music festival I wonder?

I was fully expecting the email to be about Adele.

I always get my hopes up that it will be a Rock festival but not this time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Could be like the Crossing Border festival in Belgium and the Netherlands - bands play one city the Saturday the other the Sunday or like Reading & Leeds.

Reckon it will be country rather than rock though. Mates who went to Westport in previous years loved it but not sure they'd be as into a Country festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

my moneys on the guns

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Pope at Knock

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Assuming the festival is at Westport house, how big are we talking? Is it slane sized? Iveagh gardens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

There's an airport in Enniskillen??

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Assuming the festival is at Westport house, how big are we talking? Is it slane sized? Iveagh gardens?

I have just been told that the venue of the press conference is not the venue for the festival. I'm totally confused now.

I have just been told that the venue of the press conference is not the venue for the festival. I'm totally confused now.

If I was to take a guess, I'd say the venues for the announcments are just handy for a helicopter, if the artist is gonna be there.

If I was to take a guess, I'd say the venues for the announcments are just handy for a helicopter, if the artist is gonna be there.

Its beginning to look a bit Garth Brooksy

• Advertisement

corm500 wrote: »
    Its beginning to look a bit Garth Brooksy

Or Adele, I'd laugh so hard if it turned out to be a comedy festival.

Looks like something that's going to take place in the northwest and the west. Can only be country related.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe Garth Brooks is playing that grand tour of Ireland next year featuring dates for this new festival and also Kilkenny, Cork and Dublin ???

sounds like a country festival but it might be an all genre festival too. It might be a replacement for the Punchestown Music festival that was held during the summer ???

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

There's an airport in Enniskillen??

Yes, just a small one. My friend actually lives beside it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

corm500 wrote:
    Looks like something that's going to take place in the northwest and the west. Can only be country related.

What a ridiculous statement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

hynesie08 wrote:

Similar to slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

a quick google gives a link (dead) to a mid west radio (Mayo local station) that obviously broke an embargo, but you can see this on google:

Westport House will host a major two day Country Music Festival this ...
    www.midwestradio.ie/.../36214-westport-house-will-host-a-major-two-day-country-m...
    5 days ago - Westport House will host a major two day Country Music Festival this Summer ... Harvest 2017, will take place on August 26th and 27th and some of the World's ... The event is being run by Aiken Promotions and Midwest Media ... site and the same weekend Enniskillen is playing host to a similar line-up of ...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sideshow Cecil

Or Adele, I'd laugh so hard if it turned out to be a comedy festival.

I think that's what the organisers would be hoping for!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Harvest 2017?

Its gotta be Neil Young so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

corm500 wrote: »

Ehhhh have you heard of Sea Sessions, Rory Gallagher Festival, No Place Like Dome and Lost in Leitrim Festival dude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement