Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aiken Promotions Festival Announcement - Monday Dec 5th at 11am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

hynesie08 wrote: »
    If I was to take a guess, I'd say the venues for the announcments are just handy for a helicopter, if the artist is gonna be there.

Ohh, I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

I would like to see Garth Brooks, I must admit. If it's him coming on Monday and announcing a run of gigs, I decided that if there's any mad queuing like the last time, I'd be happy to give it a miss entirely.

There's no need for any of that crazy over night and running into days queuing. Online works great. The only time it doesn't work great is when a large number of people get into a physical queue. The printing machines then acts as hoover and the wheel of death appears online. Obtaining a ticket last time was too stressful. I was unsuccessful the first time around when I tried online. Queue overnight then for the second batch.

Will be happy to give it all a miss if any of that crazy queuing sh1t happens again.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

Ehhhh have you heard of Sea Sessions, Rory Gallagher Festival, No Place Like Dome and Lost in Leitrim Festival dude.

It was tongue in cheek, but unfortunately it seems I have been proved correct in this instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I would like to see Garth Brooks, I must admit. If it's him coming on Monday and announcing a run of gigs, I decided that if there's any mad queuing like the last time, I'd be happy to give it a miss entirely.

There's no need for any of that crazy over night and running into days queuing. Online works great. The only time it doesn't work great is when a large number of people get into a physical queue. The printing machines then acts as hoover and the wheel of death appears online. Obtaining a ticket last time was too stressful. I was unsuccessful the first time around when I tried online. Queue overnight then for the second batch.

Will be happy to give it all a miss if any of that crazy queuing sh1t happens again.

A grand tour where he plays Westport, Enniskillian, Kilkenny, Limerick, Cork, Belfast and Dublin but with his large productions I don't think venues like Nowlan Park would suite him but if he loves Ireland as much as he says he should play all over the country . No doubt all the shows will sell

What could work for this new festival is if they have 'exclusive' rights too Garth Brooks and he only plays at these. Tickets would fly out the door

PTH2009 wrote: »
    A grand tour where he plays Westport, Enniskillian, Kilkenny, Limerick, Cork, Belfast and Dublin but with his large productions I don't think venues like Nowlan Park would suite him but if he loves Ireland as much as he says he should play all over the country . No doubt all the shows will sell

What could work for this new festival is if they have 'exclusive' rights too Garth Brooks and he only plays at these. Tickets would fly out the door

I think if Midwest radio is part of this, there is no chance of Garth Brooks. I reckon we are talking Charley Pride, Ray Lynam, Nathan Carter, Daniel o donnell and one or two well known American acts, i.e. Along the lines of Kris Kristoferson or even Dolly Parton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

ahlookit wrote: »
    a quick google gives a link (dead) to a mid west radio (Mayo local station) that obviously broke an embargo, but you can see this on google:

Full text of this:

WESTPORT HOUSE WILL HOST A MAJOR TWO DAY COUNTRY MUSIC FESTIVAL THIS SUMMER
    Created on Friday, 25 November 2016 11:14

Westport House will host a major two day Country Music Festival this Summer.

Harvest 2017, will take place on August 26th and 27th and some of the World’s Biggest Country Stars will be taking to the stage.

The event is being run by Aiken Promotions and Midwest Media Partners and will include three stages – 1 outdoor and 2 marquees.

There will be camping on the site and the same weekend Enniskillen is playing host to a similar line-up of internationally renowned Country Singers

Full details of the acts will be outlined at a press briefing at Westport House on Monday week, December 5th.

Source:
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-v67q2jDCusJ:www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/36214-westport-house-will-host-a-major-two-day-country-music-festival-this-summer+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie&client=ms-android-om-lge

A Garth festival. We can finally get to let our hair down and have a good time.

A big announcement over small American country singers?

Is the press really interested in small/fairly big country American singers?

Dolly always plays here every few years. Kenny Rogers will be retired. Luke Bryan is good but would he sell on his own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Boggerfest 2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

There's no need for any of that crazy over night and running into days queuing. Online works great. Obtaining a ticket last time was too stressful. I was unsuccessful the first time around when I tried online. Queue overnight then for the second batch. The only time it doesn't work great is when a large number of people get into a physical queue. The printing machines then acts as hoover and the wheel of death appears online.

Not true.

Outlets are allocated a set number of tickets for any shows that are likely to sell out quickly and it's based on their previous record of selling tickets. If an outlet is allocated 150 tickets then that's it - if there's 200 in the queue then there's people not getting one!!

What slows the system down and causes most of the hassle is if Mary wants two tickets and gets her 17 cousins to all go online at the same time in the hope of snagging those two. They end up with 10 tickets but "it doesn't matter....we can always sell them and make a few bob..." Meanwhile Broken Hearted Road sits staring at a little wheel spinning....and spinning......and spinning....

I always tell people not to panic about buying tickets for Stadium or big outdoor gigs. They'll always appear in the end. Every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

The Nal wrote: »
    Boggerfest 2017
    Don't worry, The Moronfest tickets will be on sale soon

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The Raptor wrote: »
    Is the press really interested in small/fairly big country American singers?

Dolly always plays here every few years. Kenny Rogers will be retired. Luke Bryan is good but would he sell on his own.

Someone like Emmylou Harris would be exciting

8-10 wrote: »
    Someone like Emmylou Harris would be exciting

First time I've ever heard the words "Emmylou Harris" and " Exciting" in the same sentence :D

Has any of the big radio stations said anything yet, 2fm, 2day fm?

I'm sure the media knows and if there's any hint of Garth Brooks, they would go mad for it, like everything else Garth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm sure the media knows and if there's any hint of Garth Brooks, they would go mad for it, like everything else Garth.
    it's a multi-stage festival in Westport and Enniskillen, there's close to zero chance Garth Brooks is playing IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

it's a multi-stage festival in Westport and Enniskillen, there's close to zero chance Garth Brooks is playing IMO.
    Even aiken aren't promoting the announcement, it's definitely no-one huge.

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Even aiken aren't promoting the announcement, it's definitely no-one huge.

I guess I found my answer.

I guess I found my answer.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there's no mention of it on aikens twitter or any of the music accounts I follow, and their usually in the know. So either aiken have managed a huge surprise and kept it secret, or it's not that big of an announcement. I'd put my money on the second choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I's gotta be Big Tom .... he's big ....... Tom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭milehip

I always tell people not to panic about buying tickets for Stadium or big outdoor gigs. They'll always appear in the end. Every single time.

Absolute fact, you could rock up to Slane on the day and have your pick of tickets.

I suppose this is Aiken's version of MCD country 2 country.

There would want to be big acts to get people camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I suppose this is Aiken's version of MCD country 2 country.

There would want to be big acts to get people camping.

Why would there be camping? The previous festivals in Westport didn't have camping as far as I'm aware. Plenty of hotel rooms in Westport and Enniskillen.

Why would there be camping? The previous festivals in Westport didn't have camping as far as I'm aware. Plenty of hotel rooms in Westport and Enniskillen.

There was a post above that leaked all the details except who's playing. There will be camping there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Radio Nova mentioned it yesterday, saying they have heard of something big coming but cannot say until next Monday. Must be related

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's Guns n Roses. They work with Aiken.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

I've had it confirmed that's it's American Country Acts! No word on who it is but they will be playing in Westport on Saturday August 26th and Enniskillen Airport on Sunday August 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I've had it confirmed that's it's American Country Acts! No word on who it is but they will be playing in Westport on Saturday August 26th and Enniskillen Airport on Sunday August 27th.

I think he meant the Nova mentioning something big is coming is GNR.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Mushy wrote: »
    I think he meant the Nova mentioning something big is coming is GNR.

Nova were obviously talking about the announcement on Monday though!

• Advertisement

Nova were obviously talking about the announcement on Monday though!

Why would a rock station call a country music festival big????

Advertisement