Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aiken Promotions Festival Announcement - Monday Dec 5th at 11am

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mushy wrote: »
    I think he meant the Nova mentioning something big is coming is GNR.

Nova were obviously talking about the announcement on Monday though!

From the looks of it a GNR announcement is impending. That'll be the big one!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Easterly Beasterly

Sorry I thought he was suggesting that the Aiken Promotions on Monday was GNR.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Sorry I thought he was suggesting that the Aiken Promotions on Monday was GNR.

The poster Richard Hillman did actually say that. But GNR gigs have been MCD here over the years, and Nova will big up GNR over a country fest any day.

The poster Richard Hillman did actually say that. But GNR gigs have been MCD here over the years, and Nova will big up GNR over a country fest any day.

Yeah they will. The announcement on Monday has me intrigued though. Aiken Promotions work with some huge acts and rarely have they done a press conference announcement. Also the fact that the act/acts are playing both venues would point towards it being a big draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

corm500 wrote: »
    I reckon its a rock festival featuring

GnR
    Foo Fighters
    Kiss
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    System Of A Down
    Plus many more to be announced....

Might as well dream here as in my bed :D

Ya may aswell go back to bed and dream as they've dipped their toes in these waters with Ozzfest and Download. They get somewhere between 20-35k and thats with someone like Metallica headlining. Not gonna happen sadly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I really hope it is Garth Brooks. I might get a chance to shift the 1200 pink sparkly Stetsons I've had in my shed for the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

Festival is called harvest 2017 and will be headlined by Miranda lambert and Nathan Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭corm500

neddynono wrote: »
    Festival is called harvest 2017 and will be headlined by Miranda lambert and Nathan Carter
    :D:D:D Not much of a surprise there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I heard chris gaines is headlining the second stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Imagine if young ones are telling their parents 'Ma.. Da... I desperately need tickets to the gig of the year announced today!!!

And then on Christmas morning they open their pressie to find these ones!!

:D

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Imagine if young ones are telling their parents 'Ma.. Da... I desperately need tickets to the gig of the year announced today!!!

And then on Christmas morning they open their pressie to find these ones!!

:D

What's with the music snobbery?? Personally I wouldn't go to this or Slane but why do people feel the need to take the piss out of other people's music taste? I know people that would consider GnR as the gig of the year and I know others who would be counting the days to Harvest!

Different strokes for different folks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's with the music snobbery??
    This forum is the Music Snobbery capital of the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Also the Butthurt Rubbish Music fan capital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Snooze. Sure Nathan Carter is always gigging around the country, he evens plays at those countryside farming festivals. Jaysus could they not have picked a bigger country artist instead of one who's going to play Wagon Wheel a few times through his set. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Snooze. Sure Nathan Carter is always gigging around the country, he evens plays at those countryside farming festivals. Jaysus could they not have picked a bigger country artist instead of one who's going to play Wagon Wheel a few times through his set. :o

I reckon the plan for Nathan is that he will start ditching the smaller venues around the country and aim for bigger venues - like vicar street, the Olympia theatre, the three arena, etc. I'd say fans would have to get in and attend one of these bigger gigs because going around to towns and cities around Ireland will be limited.
    This will free up his time. He's tapping into other markets now. He plays a lot in the UK. He also recently went to Australia and has another run of gigs there in March of next year. I reckon there will be less and less of him over here in Ireland except for these bigger gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is there no line up poster for this. :pac:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭The Raptor

This was a bit of a let down. I mean, what happened to the world's biggest country singers and the best they can come up with is Nathan Carter and Miranda Lambert to headline. There's meant to be 30 acts.

Advertisement