Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracker Question ?

• 30-11-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

I took out a 2nd Mortgage with AIB in 2008 for a home extension. My original Mortgage was a tracker but I was told that I could only have a fixed or variable rate one when taking out the 2nd Mortgage. .the excuse was that they were phasing out trackers at the time so I took the variable rate option !

Do you think I have a case under the current tracker review to get the mortgage changed retrospectively to a tracker ?

Cheers
    DAK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Busyness1

dak wrote: »
    I took out a 2nd Mortgage with AIB in 2008 for a home extension. My original Mortgage was a tracker but I was told that I could only have a fixed or variable rate one when taking out the 2nd Mortgage. .the excuse was that they were phasing out trackers at the time so I took the variable rate option !

Do you think I have a case under the current tracker review to get the mortgage changed retrospectively to a tracker ?

Cheers
    DAK

Couldn't hurt to kick up a fuss but given the fact that you signed a contract for a variable rate mortgage I wouldn't think you have any case really. The review is in relation to people who were charged a higher rate of interest than they should have been whilst having a tracker mortgage. In your case, you signed up for and chose a variable. The fact that you wanted a tracker doesn't matter. There's no way they will change that, otherwise everyone would be looking to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Zero case. You were offered a tracker and took it. Trackers were gone by mid 2008 and even if they weren't the bank had no obligation to offer one.

Advertisement