Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What have the Brits ever done for us?

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70,127 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm a Republican I have more in common with British people who view the world the same way I do, like Arthur Scargall for example instead of Irish people who have noting in common with my world view.

I have much more greater admiration for Brit politicians like Tony Benn, Dennis Skinner, Michael Foot etc... than I would for the likes of Dev or even Martin McGuinness.
    No no no, you criticised an aspect of Britain, you are filled with rabid hate of every British person ever, in person. Yes you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

You see, that's your mistake. Your only real knowledge of the British is through rags like the daily mail, which makes you no different to the people that read it and take it in.

Unsurprisingly, this makes absolutely no sense. I don't read English rags, I read about how English rags manipulate the Eng/British public, just like how Section 31 manipulated Irish public opinion, and Operation Mockingbird manipulated the American public.

I walk a higher path, son.
    Slavery was covered extensively when I was at school.

You must have went to a particularly critical school (that had no effect on you whatsoever) because it only became required reading for secondary school pupils in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Unsurprisingly, this makes absolutely no sense. I don't read English rags, I read about how English rags manipulate the Eng/British public, just like how Section 31 manipulated Irish public opinion, and Operation Mockingbird manipulated the American public.

I walk a higher path, son.
    an Phoblacht is not a higher path mate. It manipulates you far more than any of the English rags do.
    You must have went to a particularly critical school (that had no effect on you whatsoever) because it only became required reading for secondary school pupils in 2008.

hang on, so if the slave trade had been part of the compulsory curriculum since 2008, wtf are you bellyaching about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

What are you on about? I agree with him, chip on the shoulder and hypocrisy is true when it comes to Irish people.

:D So sadly hilarious. You being a cliched Irish person with a hat (bowler no doubt) doffing inferiority complex.
    So you deny that Irish people don't have a chip on the shoulder when it comes to Britain?
    So you deny that Jewish people don't have a chip on the shoulder when it comes to Germany?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

What are you on about? I agree with him, chip on the shoulder and hypocrisy is true when it comes to Irish people.

:D So sadly hilarious. You being a cliched Irish person with a hat (bowler no doubt) doffing inferiority complex.
    So you deny that Irish people don't have a chip on the shoulder when it comes to Britain?
    So you deny that Jewish people don't have a chip on the shoulder when it comes to Germany?
    :rolleyes: This forum shows the Irish still have an issue with Britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Massive Bailouts in recent years . . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

One of the most sectarian statelets in Europe.
    The Republic?
    A friend of mine and her Protestant brother were sent to a Catholic school and had to endure numerous beatings there.
    She is raising her kids as catholics saying she wouldn't put them through what she had to suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

getzls wrote: »
    The Republic?
    A friend of mine and her Protestant brother were sent to a Catholic school and had to endure numerous beatings there.
    She is raising her kids as catholics saying she wouldn't put them through what she had to suffer.

Oh yeah because no Protestants ever beat up Catholics or vice versa in the North Lol, it is terrible but discrimination against Catholics happened at government level in the North not just in the playground. .

But yeah I agree the Free State was also sectarian, that "special" place the Roman Church was given on Devs scrap of paper, yuke. Without doubt there was rome Rule here from 1922 until the 1990's. I have to admit if I was a Prod living in the North I would not have fancied being ruled from Dublin during the 30's - 80's. Thats why Irish Republicans wanted to start fresh & get rid of both sectarian states & create one new Republic based on the Proclamtion, 1919 decleration of independence & the Democratic Program.

Advertisement