Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi Company Recommendation

Options
  • 30-11-2016 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend one? Or if a taxidriver wants to PM me.

The mother and father sometimes need a taxi from the hospital and the one reception ring or recommend (red business card, D15 taxis) is terrible.

Have to be rang again to see where they are, lie about being outside, charge silly money for a short journey, won’t come into waiting room to get them, sometimes don’t turn up (happened to me, 40 minutes waiting and gave up)

Thanks, in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jeffk wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend one? Or if a taxidriver wants to PM me.

The mother and father sometimes need a taxi from the hospital and the one reception ring or recommend (red business card, I think Blanchardstown taxis) is terrible.

Have to be rang again to see where they are, lie about being outside, charge silly money for a short journey, won’t come into waiting room to get them, sometimes don’t turn up (happened to me, 40 minutes waiting and gave up)

Thanks, in advance

Never heard of a taxi company called Blanchardstown Taxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Never heard of a taxi company called Blanchardstown Taxis.

As i said the parents use them, had to check there(she threw out business card) its D15 taxis https://www.google.ie/search?q=D15+Taxis&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=6AE_WIejMszRgAajr4qIDg#gws_rd=cr&lrd=0x48676d7c78b53b7d:0xe3e1395bfca4780f,1,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

We've moved over to using Lynk in work and so far they seem to be working out (01) 473 11 22 - no need for the app if your folks aremt technologically inclined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

8202020 cabs always reliable for me.

ETA, I see they're now Lynk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

jeffk wrote: »

Very dissapointed to hear of their experience. Personally I've used D15 Cabs for years and found them to be excellent. I was even going to recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

I knew Lynx rang a bell, after the one time I used the app and left a review on the play store

Almost twenty minutes waiting for a four minute taxi. Then cost €9, but got a taxi outside the venue without this app three hours later 12am or so and it cost €6

Then thinking back what made it worse it showed you the driver at home not moving, talking about hanging people

Ill give them the number and see how it goes, definitely wont be able to use the app lol

Advertisement