Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v West Ham 30/11/16 K/O 20.00 Sky.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

monkey9 wrote: »
    He seemed very confused as to how Man U can put in the same performance against West Ham on Sunday in the league and only draw one all and then put in the same performance against a weakened League Cup West Ham side and beat them four one.

We're all confused. But the answer unsurprisingly is that tonight we finished our chances and on Sunday we couldn't finish our dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Jayop wrote: »
    If they keep playing like they have been and finishing chances like we did tonight then the tougher tests will be passed.

Not sure what you find so shocking about that.

Because that's exactly the type of stuff that managers battling relegation will say. The oul "as long as we're making chances' type of thing.

I'm not sure a club who have paid out 80? 90? 100? million on Paul Pogba should be resorting to that kind of relegation default talk.

Herrera talking after the West Ham game on Sunday was like a little school child almost in tears because oppositions goalkeepers keep saving their shots and won't let them win.

This is pure Mourinho. The 'just not fair' childish attitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

We're all confused. But the answer unsurprisingly is that tonight we finished our chances and on Sunday we couldn't finish our dinner.

United had more of the ball last Sunday but West ham had some great chances if they had taken these then they could have easily won the game.

Because that's exactly the type of stuff that managers battling relegation will say. The oul "as long as we're making chances' type of thing.

I'm not sure a club who have paid out 80? 90? 100? million on Paul Pogba should be resorting to that kind of relegation default talk.

Herrera talking after the West Ham game on Sunday was like a little school child almost in tears because oppositions goalkeepers keep saving their shots and won't let them win.

1) you were talking about Phil Neville not Mourinho.
    2) he's not talking about games we didn't score enough in, he's talking about a game that we did. He stated the obvious if anything.
    3) boo fecking hoo.

Jaysus the salt

Have to say that was some nasty ****e from the keeper on ibra

https://twitter.com/16roykeano/status/804057843578130433

Rooney kicked in the face also

Refs ****ing us over yet again this season

I seriously think it's a bit more than that as to why you's are so far behind Chelsea.

Getting rode game after game. Better not mention it though because Pogba cost a billiony zillion yen or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

If Man Utd converted 100% of their chances they'd be winning the league now, that's a fact.

I seriously think it's a bit more than that as to why you's are so far behind Chelsea.

Do you? Well good for you with your opinion and all its worth. I never mentioned Chelsea, did I? Again you seem unable to have a coherent discussion. Last post you got confused between a BBC pundit and our manager, now you seem confused about the top 4 and top of the league.

We're 8 points behind Arsenal and if we could finish our dinner in the last few league games that we dominated we'd be ahead of them.

Now I know if your aunt had balls etc. But the fact remains we've been playing well for a good stretch now and not built on it. It's our own fault but the future looks good if we keep playing well and finishing our chances as Neville said.

• Advertisement

If Man Utd converted 100% of their chances they'd be winning the league now, that's a fact.

You're on a roll with these amazing funny posts tonight. Do keep it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's funny seeing you try to poke fun at the United fans and players recognising progress.
    Yep, disappointed with that result for sure. But even if we had won today, it wouldn't mean anything. Klopp has a team to build. Let him build him it. It's what makes me positive, despite the defeat

Who's words are they, yours?

I don't mind the childish jibes if they are at least funny.....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

All kinds of ridiculous that comment.!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Jaysus the salt

Have to say that was some nasty ****e from the keeper on ibra

https://twitter.com/16roykeano/status/804057843578130433

Rooney kicked in the face also

Refs ****ing us over yet again this season

Can you give us a link to a video or gif to illustrate the context of this still image you linked to?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

Michael Owen?

• Advertisement

Do you? Well good for you with your opinion and all its worth. I never mentioned Chelsea, did I? Again you seem unable to have a coherent discussion. Last post you got confused between a BBC pundit and our manager, now you seem confused about the top 4 and top of the league.

We're 8 points behind Arsenal and if we could finish our dinner in the last few league games that we dominated we'd be ahead of them.

Now I know if your aunt had balls etc. But the fact remains we've been playing well for a good stretch now and not built on it. It's our own fault but the future looks good if we keep playing well and finishing our chances as Neville said.

Ah the oul if the Aunt had balls arguement. If only Ferguson could live forever etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What a crock of sh*te :pac:

vicwatson wrote: »
    Can you give us a link to a video or gif to illustrate the context of this still image you linked to?

No I can't because I couldn't be arsed

You are aware of google right?

It's funny seeing you try to poke fun at the United fans and players recognising progress.

Who's words are they, yours?

Sorry, what progress?? What's Mourinho done? Worst start in 27 years in the league is what Mourinho's done???

Ah the oul if the Aunt had balls arguement. If only Ferguson could live forever etc etc.

You don't understand the oul if the aunt had balls argument do you. It literally means that what our misses in those games are irrelevant and the points that we have are what they are.

Seriously, it's like you deliberately try to misunderstand everything. Kinda funny if it's not deliberate though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Sorry, what progress?? What's Mourinho done? Worst start in 27 years in the league is what Mourinho's done???

Didn't Klopp finish 10th last season?

Was that progress?

The team is playing better football now than for years. Is that hard for you to comprehend?

You don't understand the oul if the aunt had balls argument do you. It literally means that what our misses in those games are irrelevant and the points that we have are what they are.

Seriously, it's like you deliberately try to misunderstand everything. Kinda funny if it's not deliberate though.

Listen, 'not finishing our chances' is why you don't win a cup final maybe, it's not why you's are where you's in the league. Have a look at the manager.

The team is playing better football now than for years. Is that hard for you to comprehend?

Nope, it's absolutey not. :D

But i do remember when you's lads where all about winning trophies and the arrogance that came with that what with you's dismissing certain trophies etc but now Wayne Rooney is running faster

You's don't even realise it but now that the Ferguson dynasty is over, it's now ah sure we're playing a bit better the last few weeks and sure didn't we just beat West Ham.

Listen, 'not finishing our chances' is why you don't win a cup final maybe, it's not why you's are where you's in the league. Have a look at the manager.

Erm Yeah it kinda is why we are where we are. Had we finished the chances we'd have more points and thus be higher in the league. It's really quite simple. The manager has us playing good football that's really enjoyable to watch. I doubt you'll get too many genuine united fans complaining about Mourinho.

Nope, it's absolutey not. :D

But i do remember when you's lads where all about winning trophies and the arrogance that came with that what with you's dismissing certain trophies etc but now Wayne Rooney is running faster

You's don't even realise it but now that the Ferguson dynasty is over, it's now ah sure we're playing a bit better the last few weeks and sure didn't we just beat West Ham.

This really is a Sully wum attempt but I'll humor you. Playing better football leads to better results, people can see that coming and are happier now than they were under vangaal or Moyes because then the football was crap and getting worse as well as not getting results.

I beg you to find a single post by me dismissing any competition. You have 4 chances of silverware each year and I value them all. Naturally this comes 4th but I'd still be damn happy to win it. Like I said in the United thread a few days ago, I'd prefer to win the Europa and finish 7th in the league than finish second in the league with no trophy.

We won the FA cup last year too BTW, I know that's easy forgot about. Good chance in this top looking at the other teams. Two weak sides and a team managed by a final bottle job.

Erm Yeah it kinda is why we are where we are. Had we finished the chances we'd have more points and thus be higher in the league. It's really quite simple. The manager has us playing good football that's really enjoyable to watch. I doubt you'll get too many genuine united fans complaining about Mourinho.

Sure Bournemouth play good football as well. If they could just finish their chances and their opposition convert less, they'd be racing away with the title.

Jayo, Rayne, surely you know that you're pissing in the wind here?

Sure Bournemouth play good football as well. If they could just finish their chances and their opposition convert less, they'd be racing away with the title.

Haha great response. Hopefully we'll see you in the final with your bottler of a manager and then we'll all have a good laugh about who plays the better football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thing is DDG is not having to save our blushes anywhere near as much as past 3 seasons.

Before we always gave up least dozen chances. Now we seem to control games and its our ability in front of goal is letting us down

I rather that anyday of week

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote: »
    Jayo, Rayne, surely you know that you're pissing in the wind here?

"Jayo. Rayne. Get in here now. You's are better than that", says Stankratz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

"Jayo. Rayne. Get in here now. You's are better than that", says Stankratz.

Look, United won, you can get your jollies another time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Without being sucked into a ****storm, in the interest of fairness if it's going to be constantly raised that Utd are only miles behind because they've drawn games that they've dominated, then it equally needs to be mentioned that the other teams at the top have also had a number of results in the exact same situation.

City v Middlesbrough, Southampton and Everton
    Liverpool v Southampton and Burnley
    Arsenal v Middlesbrough and Leicester to a degree

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Without being sucked into a ****storm, in the interest of fairness if it's going to be constantly raised that Utd are only miles behind because they've drawn games that they've dominated, then it equally needs to be mentioned that the other teams at the top have also had a number of results in the exact same situation.

City v Middlesbrough, Southampton and Everton
    Liverpool v Southampton and Burnley
    Arsenal v Middlesbrough and Leicester to a degree

That's a fair point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That first united goal was a thing of beauty to watch. Also felt Adrian was a bit lucky to get away with the challenge on Ibra. In fairness to the ref it was hard to pick up first time but he seemed to raise his studs into Ibra after the ball had gone beyond him

Bridge93 wrote: »
    That first united goal was a thing of beauty to watch. Also felt Adrian was a bit lucky to get away with the challenge on Ibra. In fairness to the ref it was hard to pick up first time but he seemed to raise his studs into Ibra after the ball had gone beyond him

Once the goal goes in the ref is never going to do anything. Not even Butt hurt about it like I normally am because it's one of those things that the ref will bottle in every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭crkball6

niallo27 wrote: »
    3 minutes to go man. You don't think it's odd.

to setup the 4th obviously. :rolleyes:

And if Gerard didn't slip you'd at last have a title and actually something to chear about instead of patting each other on the back on November.

Get out of it.

crkball6 wrote: »
    And if Gerard didn't slip you'd at last have a title and actually something to chear about instead of patting each other on the back on November.

Get out of it.

You just proved his point. It's all ifs there is a reason why United are mid table.

• Advertisement

You just proved his point. It's all ifs there is a reason why United are mid table.

Does that mean he just won an argument on the internet ?

:eek:

1235099-26505217-2560-1440.jpg?w=950

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

+1 :)

Korat wrote: »
    +1 :)

Niallo27 can spot mid table mediocrity when he see's it.

crkball6 wrote: »
    Niallo27 can spot mid table mediocrity when he see's it.

Yes spot it a mile away. That's your future for the next 20 years

Yes spot it a mile away. That's your future for the next 20 years

With Liverpool taking arsenals looking good before Christmas only to let it slip away in the new year title.

Glorious defeat.

With Liverpool taking arsenals looking good before Christmas only to let it slip away in the new year title.

Glorious defeat.

Ah Jayo im not sure if you realise but Liverpool are way ahead on the alternative league table and after running 100,000 simulations on it they win 110% of the time. They are serious contenders this year in the upsidedown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Wait people actually think Gerrard slipping cost Liverpool the title? Jesus I guess most people don't know sh*t about football.

Burial. wrote: »
    Wait people actually think Gerrard slipping cost Liverpool the title? Jesus I guess most people don't know sh*t about football.

LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement