Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car seats for Twins

Options
  • 30-11-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to toss up between the Pebble and Pebble Plus for a set of incoming twins. I heard someone mention that if the twins are too small (<5lbs) they are too small for a Pebble and need a Pebble Plus for the extra security. Anyone have any experience of this? Can't find anything in the brochures about this.

What % of twins would be less than that weight? Ours aren't identical

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Where did they get this information? I've just been googling and cannot find anything to say that the Pebble cannot take babies smaller than 5lbs? The main difference is that the Pebble Plus is i-Size (which is new European guidelines for car seats) and the Pebble isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

You are unlikely to be transporting them when they are under 5lbs. Home from hospital at a stretch. We got the maxicosi cabriofix.

Id be keeping a very close eye on them in the car seats at that age/ size anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Cheers, the missus heard it from Eurobabies. Said that if the twins are premature and you're taking them home small then you'd need the plus. Presume it's just an upsetting attempt.

They are unlikely to be much under 5lb when going home in my opinion. Theyd probably spend time in NICU first. Im member of multiple births group and never heard of this car seat thing coming up as an issue before.

Also you can be optimistic and hope you will go full term with them. Im almost full term now and they were measuring over 5lb two weeks ago on the scans.

• Advertisement

I do think they have to be watched very closely in car seats when tjey are very small though. The midwives/ nurses will probably know and check all is ok. User brokensoul on here probably knows more.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

In CUMH they keep babies in neo until they are 5lbs (Not sure it if the same in other hospitals) so you are unlikely to be bringing the babies out in the car when they are less than 5lbs

Advertisement