Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City Doctor, Anxiety/Depression?

Options
  • 30-11-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Has anyone been to a (preferably female) doctor in Cork city centre to talk about these issues, and found them helpful, understanding and easy to talk to? This is a huge step for me as I've always been too anxious to go to a doctor, and I really want to go to someone who will listen and understand.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I recommend Paul Deasy at the end of Barrack Street. He is a GP with a special interest in mental health. Did CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy) with him a few years ago. Not a woman but it made no difference to me! He is very professional and a nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

If you're still looking I would recommend getting in touch with MyMind, great service.
    https://mymind.org/contact/cork/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mutul8

Dr Heather Clarke in the Glanmire Medical Centre . I know she is not city centre based but she is very good and understanding

Advertisement