Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Traffic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Just in and it freezing. -1 on my car and a few cars parked beside mine were frozen solid.

PLEASE DRIVE SLOWER IN THE MORNING

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

Very bad 2 car crash just being cleared at Blakes X at the moment .. good advice leo

p.s ... luke/warm/tepid water for car window's in the morning's .. neighbour used boiling water ... the results were not very nice and did not do the paint any good either .. whole new windscreen needed and paintwork.
    You will still see no doubt absolute Moron's trying to drive with a peephole and no windows deiced,these moron's should automatically be banned or charged with dangerous driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I thank God daily,that I don't have to commute out of Lusk/Rush to go to Sword's or the city centre etc.
    The traffic congestion coming through Rush via the Station rd and from Skerries thru Lusk via Blakes Cross must be near saturation point now at rush hour in the morning and evening.
    All it takes to bring traffic to 3 small town's to a stand still is an incident at Blakes cross ,Hannah's ave or the station rd etc -- the result bedlam and tailback's for mile's.
    I had to drive from Lusk to Sword's the other evening at 5 pm,it was raining, no joke ,it was bumper to bumper traffic coming toward's me from the Dublin rd roundabout at Lusk coming from the Blakes X /M1 direction ,the tailback ended just short of the Lissenhall interchange,just after the Westview service station.
    The traffic is now as bad as it was in the bad old day's before the M1 ,and the hourly crash's at Blake's cross.
    I've said it before,we are the forgotten county,no metro north,no dart to Balbriggan, no Luas, the least they could have done when they decided to bring the M1 inland was to have provided a decent interchange and dual carriage way to serve Lusk/Rush /Skerries.
    In some small way if there not going to do anything for the motoring paternity,at the very least they could provide a cycle path from the Dublin rd roundabout at Lusk to Blakes Cross,it might save our brave cyclist's from daily near death experiences .
    Ohh .. what cause's the traffic to tailback and come to a standstill on the M1 northbound most evening's,just after the Lissenhall interchange.(which by the way should have been a free flow with all the land around it and the amount of money it cost.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

In fairness it's a lot to do with driving habits, or lack of, the road layout has been designed for " normal drivers " which are sadly lacking

For example with the keep driving on the left, junction of the Lusk road at Blakes Cross, which I find dangerous, travelling south on thre main rd, the junction at Ministers Cross is now assumed to be the same, so cars from Lusk approaching the junction , just jurn left, and assume it's ok and there is a filter.

Advertisement