Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to escalate a complaint to Sky

Options
  • 30-11-2016 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Any advice on how to move forward?
    I got Sky a month ago; broadband hasn't work. Have rang 5 times, spoken to team leaders. Was told 10 days max, now over the 10 days. What are my rights? What is the most effective next steps? They are a nightmare!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Any advice on how to move forward?
    I got Sky a month ago; broadband hasn't work. Have rang 5 times, spoken to team leaders. Was told 10 days max, now over the 10 days. What are my rights? What is the most effective next steps? They are a nightmare!!

Ask to speak to the team leader's line manager, keep going until you either get to the top or to a point so senior that they roll back everything just to make you go away. Alternatively complain about them on social media and let their marketing team handle it. Or you could just write them a letter outlining the situation and timeline clearly, advise them that you expect them to roll back the contract and fully credit your account and then threaten them with harassment proceedings if they continue to pursue you after this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Sky forum to see if the reps there can help?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

dudara wrote: »
    Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Sky forum to see if the reps there can help?

dudara

Thanks Dudara, I've been down that road without success.

AngryLips wrote: »
    Ask to speak to the team leader's line manager, keep going until you either get to the top or to a point so senior that they roll back everything just to make you go away. Alternatively complain about them on social media and let their marketing team handle it. Or you could just write them a letter outlining the situation and timeline clearly, advise them that you expect them to roll back the contract and fully credit your account and then threaten them with harassment proceedings if they continue to pursue you after this point.

I find I don't get anywhere with the team leaders. They just blame Eir really and say they have no control over it. So frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Comreg in theory - but they really aren't much use.

Twitter embarrassment is often the only way to get any service.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    Comreg in theory - but they really aren't much use.

Twitter embarrassment is often the only way to get any service.

I was reading up on that today and wondered if if it had any impact. I can honestly see for the first time ever the benefit of Joe Duffy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭AngryLips

I find I don't get anywhere with the team leaders. They just blame Eir really and say they have no control over it. So frustrating.

That's why you ask to speak to the team leader's line manager, and just keep repeating that until you get somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can honestly see for the first time ever the benefit of Joe Duffy!!

He doesn't get resolutions though.

Would you believe I am still dealing with Sky on this issue. They said today I might not have it fixed before Christmas. It is ridiculous. They could not be more incompetent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sky do not and have never understood OpenEirs provisioning service. They're the only provider with these problems. They appear to train their agents to the UK system and not the Irish at times.

Cancel, go with Eir/Vodafone/Pure and keep Sky TV if you want it. They'll have the line installed in 10 days and broadband within a further 10. At this point its a maybe for christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Write a registered letter to the CEO or someone on the board. They may not even see it but often in my experience it will lead to the company escalating your complaint.

Not much value in ringing them and asking to speak to the Team Leads manager or higher. It's highly unlikely you will ever get to speak to someone "senior" by doing this as they are simply not going to take calls of that nature.

Advertisement