Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grangegorman facilities....i'm starving

Options
  • 30-11-2016 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

seriously what is up with the facilities in grangegorman, it's been open over a year so teething problems are not an excuse. food and drink is only available til 5 30 most days in one building only but totally arbitrary the'll just close or open randomly, no hot food past like 3, absolutely no food or drink at all on a saturday. I arrived at college at 5:45 tonight I'm starving and cant even get a bottle of water, canteen is shut and vending machine in bradogue has been broken for weeks. Gate to tescos closed, nearest shop is smithfield 10 minute walk away :mad::mad::mad:

So hungry i cant concentrate and im getting nothing done i walked 20 mins out of my way to get to this sh*tty campus because the library staff let you stay til closing time unlike bolton street which have food but i Sh*t library

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Rachiee wrote: »
    seriously what is up with the facilities in grangegorman, it's been open over a year so teething problems are not an excuse. food and drink is only available til 5 30 most days in one building only but totally arbitrary the'll just close or open randomly, no hot food past like 3, absolutely no food or drink at all on a saturday. I arrived at college at 5:45 tonight I'm starving and cant even get a bottle of water, canteen is shut and vending machine in bradogue has been broken for weeks. Gate to tescos closed, nearest shop is smithfield 10 minute walk away :mad::mad::mad:

So hungry i cant concentrate and im getting nothing done i walked 20 mins out of my way to get to this sh*tty campus because the library staff let you stay til closing time unlike bolton street which have food but i Sh*t library

Restaurant in Bolton St closes between 3-4pm. There is a chipper across the street which is open till 6 I think and the two shops, Centra and Spar have deli open till 5. Significantly better than Grangegorman but it's dire alright.

The problem with Grangegorman is the lack of a sizeable student body studying on that campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

It doesn't have enough of an active student body to expand - Smithfield is not that far out of the campus if you aren't in North House. I'm sure when more students populate the place, there will be more development on that front. What's wrong with bringing a packed lunch?
    Rachiee wrote: »

Calm down! The Bolton St library is grand.

Advertisement