Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA Instant Credit Transfer

• 30-11-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

The European Payments Council have published more details on how SEPA Instant Credit Transfer will work here.

- It will allow the transfer of initially up to 15,000 euro per single transaction in less than ten seconds, any time and any day, and in an international area that will progressively span over 34 European countries. (Huge step forward).
    - Adherence to the scheme will be possible as of January 2017.
    - However, official go-live is November 2017.
    - However, it is optional for the PSP (bank) to comply!

Anyone know which Irish banks will comply with SEPA ICT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Edups2.0

They should. That would be fantastic. Waiting a day for transfers from say AIB to PTSB is a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I would assume the KBC will be doing this, giving that they already seams to have several windows for SEPA transactions. I find KBC to/from other accounts in Europe to be the fastest, I have seen transfers going through within hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

This needs to happen.

Advertisement