Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas/birthday gift for Pregnant gf

Options
  • 30-11-2016 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a gift for my gf either for Christmas/birthday, which falls quite soon after.

As you can probably tell, I'm absolutely useless at gifts. Always have been.

Any ideas would be great. She's doing well but has a very demanding job and would love to get her a thoughtful gift.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

When my wife was pregnant for her birthday this year I bought her a massage. Like you I'm pretty bad for getting gifts but seen this and thought she'd like it. She did. There's a place in airside retail park, right next to the wright venue. They have tables designed for pregnant women and also do other beauty treatments.
    Maybe you could get in touch with her sister or best friend and tell them what your planning an see if they'd be interested in going too to make a "girls day out" kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Great stuff, thanks gumbo, something like that could work!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,705 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Your wife mighn't feel the same but my heavily pregnant sister in law has specifically asked for nothing pregnancy or baby related for Christmas, so maybe just keep that in mind too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

How far along is she? I would have loved a massage/ pampering earlier in the pregnancy.

She's 23 weeks....bit of pampering might not go amiss alright! Any where to recommend in Dublin area?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Get a soundwave of the ultrasound heartbeat engraved on a piece of jewellery?

Loads of options on Etsy, though I do know someone who collaborated with their local jeweller to make a bespoke piece as a gift and the result was stunningly gorgeous. I'll see if they can give the ok to link you to it.

Great Neyite, sounds class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Neyite wrote: »
    Get a soundwave of the ultrasound heartbeat engraved on a piece of jewellery?

Loads of options on Etsy, though I do know someone who collaborated with their local jeweller to make a bespoke piece as a gift and the result was stunningly gorgeous. I'll see if they can give the ok to link you to it.

Oh wow, I totally didn't know you could get that done!! The science geek in me wants one like now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

It's expensive but amazing, a voucher for Monart in Wexford. It's the nicest spa and hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Your wife mighn't feel the same but my heavily pregnant sister in law has specifically asked for nothing pregnancy or baby related for Christmas, so maybe just keep that in mind too.
    Yeah, worth feeling that out. A lot of women can feel when they get pregnant that they begin to lose the grip on their own identity - they're now "pregnant Joan" or "mummy Joan" and feel like everybody views as them as this one-dimensional "pregnant person" rather than the person that they are.

So a pregnancy-related gift can be less welcome than one might think. But feel it out; likewise many women throw themselves heart and soul into the pregnancy persona and love to run with the theme.
    Jrop wrote: »
    It's expensive but amazing, a voucher for Monart in Wexford. It's the nicest spa and hotel.
    Worth noting this is a self-sacrifice unless you're into the spa thing. The whole hotel is all about the relaxation and treatments and such. There's "other stuff" to do like swimming or golfing or whatever, it's all about the spa.
    It's a great gift to get, but maybe get the voucher for her and a family member rather than her and you. Unless spa weekends are your bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I second Monart!! I went about 30 weeks
    Pregnant and it was fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Well OP, wotcha get her and does she like it?

I got her a few things!

Pregnancy massage from a place recommended on here, as well as a few bits not connected with the pregnancy to remind her that she is not just defined by that....she enjoyed it!

Advertisement