Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have 'SAT-PLANET' tv system?

Options
  • 30-11-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Am based near Manorhamilton and currently am thinking of getting rid of Sky TV.
    Saw a flyer in shop for 'SAT- PLANET' who set up a subscription free service for you.Just wondering do they do good work?, they are based in Sligo Town.Their system includes Saorview and other channels.

Really appreciate any feedback positive or negative. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I bought a box of them and set it up myself, had a few issues and he ran through things for me. I even screwed the box up trying to "fix" something that didn't need fixing and it was sorted with no issue. I would recommend them , they did work for a mate and he was happy with how it turned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Markiemarkso

I got an aerial for saorview and a satellite box and hard drive installed by them in Feb. The satellite box is Revez combo box. No issues quite happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks for the replies,hope to get it installed for the New Year.
    As a matter of interest could anyone tell me,if you don't have good internet connectivity in your area does that make any difference when getting one of these combo boxes?

Or is the TV reception totally separate to Broadband stuff?

Down the line I would hope to get internet as I have a 'smart ' TV but no internet at moment.

Sorry for all the questions but really appreciate any replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

The combo box connects to your tv aerial (for terrestrial tv channels, Rte etc) and a sat dish for the bbc, itv channels.
    No connection to broadband. Shop around for the best broadband if you're not in Sligo town or environs where you can get fibre.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭mobil 222

red sean wrote: »
    The combo box connects to your tv aerial (for terrestrial tv channels, Rte etc) and a sat dish for the bbc, itv channels.
    No connection to broadband. Shop around for the best broadband if you're not in Sligo town or environs where you can get fibre.

Yes and the guy running sat-planet is a real nice guy,will not push you to buying
    anything that you dont really need.
    There store is located just below the new car park along Adelaide street.
    Actually i would recommend a visit here or check their website.

In connection with broadband it might be worth a try to give West connect a try
    They are a new company from Ballymote who give a good service.
    They seem to cover a fair bit of Manormamilton and will do a test for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement