Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entrepreneurial/start-up group or society based in the southeast

Options
  • 30-11-2016 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

Hope this is posted in the correct section. As the heading suggests, I was wondering if such a group or similar is currently up and running in the southeast? (Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford etc).

If not, would anyone on here be interested in attempting to start such a group in the region? Essentially it would be way for entrepreneurs or aspiring entrepreneurs/startup founders to network and bounce ideas off each other etc. with similar people in the region.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Pullock123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Hope this is posted in the correct section. As the heading suggests, I was wondering if such a group or similar is currently up and running in the southeast? (Carlow, Kilkenny, Waterford, Wexford etc).

If not, would anyone on here be interested in attempting to start such a group in the region? Essentially it would be way for entrepreneurs or aspiring entrepreneurs/startup founders to network and bounce ideas off each other etc. with similar people in the region.

Contact your local enterprise board and see if there is a group in your area, if not ask if they will network your idea to budding entrepreneurs in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Pullock123

Thanks Fries-With-That, I will follow up on that. It's not so much networking my own idea that I'm primarily looking to do, it's more so meeting similar people that are already in business or seeking to be and networking with such. Essentially an informal group that could advise each other or perhaps even go into business together etc. I will contact the enterprise board though. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

I think the Enterprise Board (LEO) office idea is a decent one on the face of it, but having had first hand "inside" experience of a particular office in the southeast; I can tell you that you would be better off doing it yourself! (I was seconded as part of a state sponsored community enterprise development programme).

There isn't a genuine desire to foster entrepreneurship in these organisations, only a desire for publicity and ego boosting activities in the public domain. They are dysfunctional and a severe waste of taxpayers money.

I'd love to see some sort of an audit being undertaken to examine the nature of the distribution of a lot of state grants. What I seen was extremely dubious.

I'm based in the south east, so I'd be interested in tagging along if anything comes of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Pullock123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Theres one run in Kilkenny. I think they meet once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

Where can I get info on the Kilkenny one? I've checked Meetup but didn't see anything. Meantime there's a couple of other meetups worth noting that are pretty good, the most relevant is Founder Friday in Waterford which is the last or first Friday of every month (I can't remember which!). It's fairly broad in scope, which is good, but generally it's one or two people each week sharing their experience with like minded individuals.

Another group is the Fused design group (http://wearefused.com/), they focus on topics of design but can be very interesting and relevant even if you're not a designer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

I'm sure the Kilkenny Enterprise Office should be able to let you know

Advertisement