Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does this exist ?

• 30-11-2016 11:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace my VERY old laptop for college but can't seem to find one that suits.

I want it to be a workhorse that will last me a long time. It will be used a lot for spreadsheets,word processing and lots of multitasking. Main things I want are for it to be fast , portable and have a long battery life.

This is what I've been looking for:

Budget approx €800
    Windows 10
    8gb + of RAM
    13-14 inch screen
    Lightweight and portable less than 4 pounds
    8+ hours battery life
    Can handle multitasking well
    Nice keyboard (preferably backlit) with numberpad (essential )
    Cd/dvd drive
    Hdmi cable
    Large amount of storage space
    Ethernet port
    Decent display but doesn't have to be absolutely fantastic
    Possible to remove battery
    Reliable and will last a long time

Does such a machine exist?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If going small and light you might see things like Ethernet and optical drive disappearing...

I use Dell Inspiron 13 5000 for work and it has most what you're looking for, except DVD, removable battery and Ethernet, but nice little laptop, i5 edition is around 800...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

i will start things off by throwing this in the mix

http://www.elara.ie/productdetail.aspx?productcode=ECE3951198

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You want a numpad in a 14" 2kg unit?

I want a bicycle that can pull a tank, neither of us are getting what we want.

You're trying to do everything. Get a decent desktop and focus the road warrior on being just that, a portable monster.

Advertisement