Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Photos Off Huawei Ascend G7

Options
  • 30-11-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I have a Huawei G7 Ascend - It went dead recently and it won't charge.

I did drop it about 2 months ago and cracked the screen but apart from the screen being damaged it was working perfectly up to now.

I decided to take it to get the screen repaired recently and thought that they would be able to help on battery issue - the shop that I took it to get repaired told me that the circuit board was banjaxed and there was no point fixing the screen. Although now when I get it turned on for max 2 mins I can see the screen is totally ruined as all you can see is the a faded bit in the bottom left.

The most frustrating thing is the fact that I had some very important photos on the phone - is there any way they can be recovered?

I can get it turned on and connected to computer but c an't use screen so not sure how I could recover photos into laptoo?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

When you connect your device to a pc or laptop you will see it pop up on the "this pc" folder,click on the device name then open the DCIM folder

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

jimmynokia wrote: »
    When you connect your device to a pc or laptop you will see it pop up on the "this pc" folder,click on the device name then open the DCIM folder

It won't if the device has a pin/pattern/pass/fingerprint enabled. Device has to be unlocked to be mounted, and sometimes one must select MTP instead of charging mode.

If you had a custom recovery you could use ADB to pull the data off the data partition, as stock though I dont think you can. It may end up being uneconomical to recover them.

Advertisement