Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Millionaire Raffle 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

taylor3 wrote: »
    Found €50 yesterday in my local shop. Treated myself to one of these raffle tickets with it. Pure sweet if I get a win.

I wish you all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭taylor3

mad m wrote: »
    I wish you all the best.

Cheers, imagine winning something substantial on a ticket bought with a few quid you found. Happy days eh. Mad to think last year's winner never came forward. And then the National Lottery Jack up the price from €20 to €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Cheers, imagine winning something substantial on a ticket bought with a few quid you found. Happy days eh. Mad to think last year's winner never came forward. And then the National Lottery Jack up the price from €20 to €25.

Out of curiosity can you give us a ballpark figure for what number the tickets are at as of today?

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Out of curiosity can you give us a ballpark figure for what number the tickets are at as of today?

Just checked it there it's 274

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Found €50 yesterday in my local shop. Treated myself to one of these raffle tickets with it. Pure sweet if I get a win.

Did you not inquire as to the rightful owner of the said lost £50?

Sure last week there was a poor chap who minded someones lost purse and as a reward the public crowdfunded him to the tune of about 10k. And a pub in London found someones wage packet and started a social media campaign to locate the polish builder (who went back home over xmas), made world news.

If one was going to invest 50notes, can think of better places to contribute/invest, than in than a prizepool of 36%c of gross funds, with 1%c chance of winning anything, in a draw that may not take place on schedule...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Maybe tonights euromillions win will inspire a few more sales with people trying to escape a return to post christmas normality next week!

Without a doubt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Over 300 now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Over 300 now

Just another 190,000 (or so) needing to be sold within 1 day and 6hrs and 52mins (pending shop opening hours).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Got one of these as a Christmas present and just bought another. Well into the 310,000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,228 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Maybe tonights euromillions win will inspire a few more sales with people trying to escape a return to post christmas normality next week!

I wonder was there an Irish Euromillions winner or was it made up to boost the sales of millionaire raffle???

All they'd have to claim is that a glitch in the systems caused an incorrect location on the winner!

Worth thinking about?

Also, up to the 318,000-319,000 mark about half an hour ago (bought online if that makes a difference, I don't think it does)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Worth thinking about?

Nope. Whatever about price rises and adding more numbers/tickets to make it more difficult I really doubt they're in the habit of faking winners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

A Priest :rolleyes: now a 38 times millionaire makes people buy more tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think you should have handed in the €50, what if the owner of that money came back in later to inquire has anyone handed in a €50. I’m often found money in shops and always handed it back. You don’t know what circumstances the person who lost that’s €50 in.

fin12 wrote: »
    I think you should have handed in the €50, what if the owner of that money came back in later to inquire has anyone handed in a €50. I’m often found money in shops and always handed it back. You don’t know what circumstances the person who lost that’s €50 in.
    Oh for crying out loud I did for the first time in my life what the vast majority of people would do. For what it's worth I found a woman's purse a year ago and looked through it for id tracked her down and handed it back to her. 3 weeks ago my phone went missing in Blanchardstown SC when I asked at the info desk had anyone handed it in I was told No.. Where was so called Karma ? Either way i found it and kept it, did absolutely nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭appledrop

I usually buy one of these every year as part of Christmas present but when I saw they were hiked up to €25 I changed my mind. A rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Oh for crying out loud I did for the first time in my life what the vast majority of people would do. For what it's worth I found a woman's purse a year ago and looked through it for id tracked her down and handed it back to her. 3 weeks ago my phone went missing in Blanchardstown SC when I asked at the info desk had anyone handed it in I was told No.. Where was so called Karma ? Either way i found it and kept it, did absolutely nothing wrong.

Ya I agree the vast majority of people probably would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lottomad17

Just got one a few mins ago online 322 mark

Lottomad17 wrote: »
    Just got one a few mins ago online 322 mark

I think it's safe to say they're not going to sell half a million tickets by 10pm so what now?

They've raised the price and the number of tickets sold and it appears the public have voted with their wallets. I'd imagine pushing the draw back or reducing the prize pool would be met with an even less enthusiastic response next year.

IMO the National Lottery are just going to have to take the hit of "just" a €4m profit (equivalent to 2015) or risk killing the golden goose completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They were still advertising the draw as being tonight up to half an hour ago so they can't pull out of that one at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Bought one a few minutes ago. In the 323k mark now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭deathtocaptcha

There was never any guarantee they'd sell all 500k so I'm not sure why people assumed it would sell out or won't go ahead if it doesn't sell out...

Reality is the prizes are set-in-stone and once the first ticket is sold, the lottery shoulder the risk that if they don't sell enough tickets, the set-in-stone prizemoney still has to be paid out and they'll shoulder the loss. That's business.

Initial target is to break-even, which they've done. After that they probably had several targets with 500k tickets being 'best case' scenario.

It looks like that was now overly ambitious and they'll probably review everything once it's all complete but it's still a massive success. Well over €4m in profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Bought one at about 10.30 and is in the 324,000 range

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Bought one at about 10.30 and is in the 324,000 range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

329xxx @1pm.
    Good luck to all ... and best to me !? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So 8.25 Million at least taken in and 3.5 Million given out in prizes.
    Nice little earner for the National Lottery robbers.

So 8.25 Million at least taken in and 3.5 Million given out in prizes.
    Nice little earner for the National Lottery robbers.

Almost €4.5m in prizes. All of which were clearly stated before they put guns to people's heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Collie D wrote: »
    Almost €4.5m in prizes. All of which were clearly stated before they put guns to people's heads.

From the OP - The total value of all prizes available to win in the Game is €3.5 million.

From the OP - The total value of all prizes available to win in the Game is €3.5 million.

The OP was from last year. €4.44m in 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

Got 2 as presents, I wouldn't of bought one tbh but hey I'll take the 5 grand that's coming to me
    Bol all

Advertisement