Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance / Leasing

Options
  • 01-12-2016 2:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

So my insurance is about to expire and i need to get a new insurance for my car. I was previously using clements.com but suddenly they stopped providing insurance for Ireland for some reason. I paid €680 for insurance last year on my 2004 Ford Mondeo whereas this year wherever i go, i get a quote in excess of €2,500 !!!!

Considering the hike in Insurance prices and the already high tax on the car (around €700), i am thinking if i can just lease a car for one year instead? I'll probably wont have to pay the Insurance/NCT/Tax on the car which would be offset with the monthly leases. At the same time, i'll be able to save up some money for a new car next year.

Any suggestions? :(:(:(.. Not quite sure what to do as most of the companies either do not give me a quote, or when i am able to get a quote its too high that i cant afford it !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,791 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check with as many brokers and direct insurers that you can, look at your occupation and see that it is correctly described.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ManUnited123

Check with as many brokers and direct insurers that you can, look at your occupation and see that it is correctly described.

Been surfing around for the past few days, filling out the same details again and again on every broker's website. They either don't give me a quote or i get one above €2,500. I think i even saw a quote as high as €6,000 !!! Madness ! :D

Might have to sell the car :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

I think i even saw a quote as high as €6,000 !!! Madness ! :D

Might have to sell the car :(

liberty insurance? They are in a league of their own lately. I can crack 4k on a 9 year old 1.4 focus with a perfect driving record even without any occupation involving volunteer paramedic or anything.

Advertisement