Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2016/17 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Started to get dark very suddenly and really cold too. Reckon snow is on the way

Ever hear of phenomenon called night?

Seriously though cop on, third time this week you've said it, and even at trying to annoy people that's a fairly poor attempt.

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

km79 wrote: »
    Is this some kind of in joke I'm missing ?

That's what you call blatant trolling... :)

I can't remember the last time I seen anything that wasn't gray....

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Started to get dark very suddenly and really cold too. Reckon snow is on the way
    Blizzards here pal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Mod Note

Back to discussing the weather please guys & again, don't feed & don't indulge in backseat moderation - just report posts that need our attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Clear blue skies here in castlebar with little or no wind. That will do nicely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Yes indeedy, it's a fabulous winters day in Galway too. Blue skies, calm and feeling much more seasonal at 5.7C
    A pleasant change from the recent mild, drizzly greyness! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Lovely morning here in South Tipp too nice and bright. Last few days have been very dull but at least it was mild. One of these bright evenings should highlight a bit of a small stretch in the evenings hopefully.

There was a slight grass frost this morning here in West Clare.

Looks to become more prominent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Met Eireann have it pretty cold from Friday evening through to Tuesday at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

glorious day for a large portion of country today :

2017-01-19_389.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Dull as ditchwater here
    I can confirm the sat pic is accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

Might have to start cutting the grass soon if this keeps up..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely spring like day here and the mountains basking in the light.No wind...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Blue skies all the way here in Castlebar, view of main street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ArKl0w

Blue skies all the way here in Castlebar, view of main street

We'd nearly need stage lights or a night vision camera to take something similar here today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

A similar day to every day since Sunday here, dull BUT not horrible. I am loving these dull dry days, this is my favourite kind of weather that's perfect for anything except things like beach obviously (RIP Snow, you thought that was my favourite type :rolleyes:, no that's second).

What's attractive about dull weather?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    What's attractive about dull weather?

There is nothing "attractive" with it. It's just so perfect for me. I dislike dull weather when it is cold but I love it when it's mild but not "muggy". Dull weather apart from when it's cold just never bothers me. I don't know how to explain how I love it in detail to be completely honest with you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very dull here all day, but at least it's dry!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

If it can't snow, the next best thing is, cold and dry weather
    I am loving the crisp weather and clear blue skies we are having at the minute.

• Advertisement

If it can't snow, the next best thing is, cold and dry weather
    I am loving the crisp weather and clear blue skies we are having at the minute.

Cold, dry AND SUNNY. I absolutely hate cold, dry and dull weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Rooy wrote: »

2017-01-19_389.jpg

Mother Nature, you cruel cruel harlot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Originally Posted by Rooy View Post

Stunning day and evening, cool crisp evening here near Tralee and as can be seen in the picture calm as well.

Pic: Canal in Tralee looking towards Tralee Bay at 18.05 this evening.

N6rJGcn.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

MJohnston wrote: »
    Mother Nature, you cruel cruel harlot.

We cant complain really. Most of the time the situation is the reverse of that with the bulk of the country under a blanket of cloud with a thin clear strip along the east coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Stunning day and evening, cool crisp evening here near Tralee and as can be seen in the picture calm as well.

N6rJGcn.jpg?1

Ah those late western evenings. Bit of brightness past 6 in jan is good going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Spent a couple of summer holidayd in those apartments on the right in Meteorites pic when the brats were small. They loved it there and could walk to the aquadome where they nearly robbed me every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Winter is cancelled. But I think many of us suspected this to be the case a while back (like November)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

N6rJGcn.jpg?1

What a stunning photo of my home town,with the mountains in the background!

Thanks so much for posting it.

Winter is cancelled. But I think many of us suspected this to be the case a while back (like November)

What do you define as winter then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely calm early morning. Moonlight and starlight and crisp sweet air....My new surroundings are good... Off out exploring and shopping soon.. Beautiful day for that ....

Advertisement