Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Weather 2016/17 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

No rain in my area of Meath today, bbc forecast last night spot on again, while ME was mentioning spot flooding, and heavy rain at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

No rain in my area of Meath today, bbc forecast last night spot on again

And Johanna Donnelly's forecast on twitter from yesterday morning?!:) It was a bit premature.. She must be a snow lover :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

No rain in my area of Meath today, bbc forecast last night spot on again, while ME was mentioning spot flooding, and heavy rain at times

the heavy rain and high ground snow only grazed the coastline by a few miles with drizzle further inland. The rain didn't even make it as far as western part of Co. Meath.

Eastern Ulster should get much more precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Did you look at the BBC forecast yesterday morning ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

If you're around Pedigree how are your fields? Trafficable? Grazeable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Plenty of brightness left in the sky out west this evening, a view of the lake in castlebar with croagh Patrick in the background

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Did you look at the BBC forecast yesterday morning ?

No missed it to be honest, I'm usually out the door before the breakfast show starts, wasn't having a bash at ME, as my posts can testify, I stay away from that sort of stuff, was just saying they got it wrong for my area today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

A bit late posting these but heres what it was like out at Sandymount pier yesterday afternoon. Great fun it twas! :cool: :pac:

408258.jpg

408259.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

We had a calm dry day here today, it was a bit cooler than yesterday but a good day out overall.
    Its down to 3 degrees now so probably some frost if it stays calm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭Pretzill

First day in ages I went out without a jacket on - it felt spring like here.

Sligo
    90m asl

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Iancar29 wrote: »
    A bit late posting these but heres what it was like out at Sandymount pier yesterday afternoon. Great fun it twas! :cool: :pac:

Great pic!

Well done on finding the pier in Sandymount! :pac: Must have blown in from DunLaoghaire? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

France, Northern Spain getting a right pummeling from a series of fast moving storms, next cyclogenesis due in the early hours and producing very strong winds in the Bay of Biscay and moving inland France.

8u4FCYJ.png

DM3rITm.jpg?1

tKQRWr4.jpg?4

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Massive Storm running up towards Iceland on Monday. Huge Wind field with us being on the outer reaches of it yet still looking quite windy early Monday morning and easing off in the afternoon. The East coast getting some wind funneling up the Irish sea for a time. Wet too and snow/ sleet showing early for a time in the morning in Northern areas and Wicklow as the fronts move into cold air. Low Temps early Mon but rising during the morning , any snow would hardly last long.

BMtPmOp.png?1

m9vQU7K.png

3AyZ21H.png

69J9lGQ.png

8lzBzUJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Our weather has been so boring. We need an event..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

New record at Buoy M5:
    A significant wave height of 9.2m and an individual wave of 12.5m was recorded at Buoy M5 at 23:00 on the 2nd February 2017.
    The previous highest significant wave for this buoy was 8.1m with an individual wave of 11.7m recorded on the 5th December 2013 and the 28th January 2013 respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Our weather has been so boring. We need an event..

Been a great winter :)
    Last year our fence blew down and garden repeatedly flooded
    Lot of money spent on repairs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Long term lurker question.

For the medium term what do you guys think lowest temps will be in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

When? Temps could dip to -4C tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Gosh,such exciting weather all around us,storms smashing into France and Spain,another massive storm out in the Atlantic next week moving north,Baltic cold to the east of us,and severe cold over the uk next week, and here....nothing,not a sausage,my god its been such a borefest of drearyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

When i was first up around 3.30 am. clear skies with a myriad bright stars in this unpolluted place...

Before 4.30, deluges.... Heavy rain.. just now a pattering that means hail

Will be interesting when it gets light...

Always feel like saying" I am sorry for your troubles" when you are disappointed re the elusive snow!

I have the first daffodils out by the door here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Graces7 wrote: »
    When i was first up around 3.30 am. clear skies with a myriad bright stars in this unpolluted place...

Before 4.30, deluges.... Heavy rain.. just now a pattering that means hail

Will be interesting when it gets light...

Always feel like saying" I am sorry for your troubles" when you are disappointed re the elusive snow!

I have the first daffodils out by the door here...

Where are you now? I know you were in the Kerry mountains but you said you were moving.

It would be nice to let us know your location when posting in the weather forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

Just starting to brighten here, calm with a touch of frost, it got down to -2 during the night, currently +1 and calm with a clear sky.
    Birds chirping lime mad.

Rougies wrote: »
    Where are you now? I know you were in the Kerry mountains but you said you were moving.

It would be nice to let us know your location when posting in the weather forum.

I have mentioned it; West Connaught. More mountains!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Just woke up to decent enough snowfall outside Whitechurch in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

32545165552_692cbdd0b5_z.jpgIMG_9259 by [/url]

Didn't expect this. It's not coming across in the photo, but falling at a decent rate. Surprised it's sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Snowing (wet stuff) in Tuam.

New Moon

I set foot on the doorstep and skidded . . a thin, thin layer of icy sleet all across the garden.. The mountains are still veiled in precipitation.

MT;I saw a huge double rainbow last evening... they look so much brighter against dark rocks.

Interesting day ahead it seems..

West Connaught

The tops are skimmed with snow, when they reveal themselves. Hidden by low clouds. A good foundation laid for snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Wintry mix here now near Roundwood. Swinging between rain and snow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Wintry mix here now near Roundwood. Swinging between rain and snow.

Supposed to be heading there tomorrow for a hike over the Maulin, Tonduff South, source of the Dargle River, Warhill and Djouce.
    How is access on foot currently for these areas?

Advertisement