Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCI Compliance

Options
  • 01-12-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭

Hi there, so I work for a hotel group and have been tasked by the owner to create an app for the group. Personally I don't think its a good idea and have vociferously argued that point but thats another story.

One of the features the owner won't let up on is that he wants the app to remember peoples credit card details so that the next time they go back into the app it reduces the amount of taps needed to make a booking.

Any app developer I've dealt with don't want to do it because of security concerns and they aren't PCI compliant. He keeps arguing that companies like Amazon and Deliveroo (with millions of capital investment) can do it so why can't we

Is there any where I could get a cost of getting PCI compliant? Moreso to prove to my owner that this is a waste of time?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I wouldn't go the PCI route at all (for obvious reasons).

Take a look at Stripe. They have a feature where the credit card details are stored on their servers, you simply store a customer reference number. Subsequent charges are made via Stripe to the customer reference number you stored previously.

I'm sure PayPal and a few of the other providers offer a similar facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭deisedude

Graham wrote: »
    I wouldn't go the PCI route at all (for obvious reasons).

Take a look at Stripe. They have a feature where the credit card details are stored on their servers, you simply store a customer reference number. Subsequent charges are made via Stripe to the customer reference number you stored previously.

I'm sure PayPal and a few of the other providers offer a similar facility.

Thanks Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

What graham said. Can you imagine the cost and amount of work involved in just ensuring that the financial details are secure and encrypted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭deisedude

What graham said. Can you imagine the cost and amount of work involved in just ensuring that the financial details are secure and encrypted?

Cheers. Didn't even know where to start. I've contacted Realex and Stripe so hopefully will get sorted between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

deisedude wrote: »
    Cheers. Didn't even know where to start. I've contacted Realex and Stripe so hopefully will get sorted between them.

Stripe is probably the way to go if it's not too pricey for your needs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement