Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the perfect word eludes me..voucher for anyone who can help me

• 01-12-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi out there :)
    I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me. I am looking for a single word and it just won't come to me. I am looking for something simple, clean, beautiful, any suggestions welcome. I am rebranding a new jewellery collection/brand and words are not my forte at all
    Really appreciate any suggestions, in fact if you suggest the name i end up using there's a voucher worth 80 euro for one of my silver ring making workshop brunches in Galway.
    Happy word hunting :)
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 black kitten

Hi out there :)
    I was wondering if some of you might be able to help me. I am looking for a single word and it just won't come to me. I am looking for something simple, clean, beautiful, any suggestions welcome. I am rebranding a new jewellery collection/brand and words are not my forte at all
    Really appreciate any suggestions, in fact if you suggest the name i end up using there's a voucher worth 80 euro for one of my silver ring making workshop brunches in Galway.
    Happy word hunting :)
    G
    what about: the serenity range, lir range, Infinity range.. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Eternity range

Connacht range

Tribe range

Occidental range

Burren range

Erin range

Atlantic range

You'd also need to make sure that any name is not trademarked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Elegant!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,740 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The word you are looking for is "Silver." If it ain't broke...

Having said that, I would be sorely tempted by a word-play relating to the chemical symbol for silver, "Ag." Something like "Agree" or some other word containing "Ag" that might be relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Can you post an image of the range of jewellery? That might make it easier to come up with a suitably evocative word.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Epiphany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭Mech1

Italian word "Allora"

It doesn't really mean anything, but it sounds beautiful and you would hear it all the time in Italy.

It is like you say "well" or So" at the beginning of a sentence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭racso1975

If you are Galway based id go for the irisih word galanta (fada over second A)

So something like Galway Galanta Jewellery. And make the fada like a piece of jewellery a broach or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Alcoheda

Snowdrop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭homenotaway

Galánta, it is the irish word for beautiful, fine, grand.

Sorry racso1975, didn't see your post on time, great minds think alike!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Gleam

Advertisement