Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer, not the best start.....

Options
  • 01-12-2016 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if one of the Reps could follow up on this for me (please pm me for my account number etc.). Apologies in advance for the long post.

I recently signed up for the eir 300Mb bundle with unlimited calls to Irish & UK landlines and mobiles. The price I signed up for was €38pm for 3 months then €78pm, on a 12 month contract, and the offer included free installation.
    The email confirmation I received on 7th Nov stated I had signed up to an 18 month contract, €43pm for 3 months rising to €85pm. I phoned 1901 and spoke to a nice lady who agreed I was correct and said she would get my account amended. This hasn't been done.
    I phoned again yesterday and this time a different person told me I was mistaken, that I must have been looking at a deal for existing customers. Again, this is not correct as I even pulled up the exact same offer on your site while I spoke to him (attached). My broadband was installed yesterday and I did remind this man that eir are obliged to send me a clear copy of my correct contract.

My account also shows an outstanding amount of €163.28 which apparently will be collected on 12/12/2016. I spoke to someone on chat on Monday to query this and was told I had been charged €140 installation and the other €23.28 was line rental. I advised the CS rep that my offer was for free installation and that eir had actually ported and activated my phone line early on 9th November. The rep agreed on chat he would get the €140 debit removed and that he would waive the €23.28 line rental. I have the transcript of this if you need it.

Firstly, I am concerned that my account still shows a balance of €163.28. I do not want this to get to the stage of you debiting me, me getting my bank to cancel etc. as I then run the risk of you cutting me off.

Secondly, I would like my account to accurately reflect the contract I signed up for and I would like confirmation of the correct terms emailed and/or posted to me.

It does seem to me that eir has some sort of problem with the site and your internal systems. It should be pretty simple to have an online offer map to the correct contract terms. I will see how this goes, but I hope you'll understand that my first impressions haven't been great so I would like everything sorted within my cooling-off period.
    Again, I understand I have already raised these issues both in your online chat and on the phone, but I don't have the greatest faith that it will be rectified.

Thanks

]eirbundle.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

@Eir: Pamela, I see you're online and active now so I've pm'd you my account number.

Thanks

Oh dear, I'm now reading some of the horror stories regarding eir customer service. Really should have checked this out before ordering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

kin9pin wrote: »
    @Eir: Pamela, I see you're online and active now so I've pm'd you my account number.

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going through my PM's & will be back to you shortly.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going through my PM's & will be back to you shortly.[/font]

Hi Pamela, any update?

Hi Pamela, any update?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm still awaiting an update [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]however as soon as I have one I will let you know.[/font]

• Advertisement

I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Not only because I haven't had any update since Friday, but I also discovered in the last 7 days how bad eir's router/internet is. 
    I've had constant disconnections. A device will connect, 2 minutes later it's "Connected, no internet", but another device is connected, then it all disconnects and on, and on....... I tried to give it a go, but my family is having a meltdown.
    I gave up on Sunday and re-ordered Virgin (router arrived today). I really can't allow myself to be caught up in a 12 month contract with eir if this is the type of service, both technically and from a customer service point of view. 
    One question. I'll be phoning eir to cancel under my cooling-off period (broadband was only installed last Wednesday). However, I've put in a port request to Virgin to take my home phone number back from eir. Do I need to wait for that to take place (Virgin say 1 day) before cancelling with eir?

I have to say, I'm very disappointed. Not only because I haven't had any update since Friday, but I also discovered in the last 7 days how bad eir's router/internet is. 
    I've had constant disconnections. A device will connect, 2 minutes later it's "Connected, no internet", but another device is connected, then it all disconnects and on, and on....... I tried to give it a go, but my family is having a meltdown.
    I gave up on Sunday and re-ordered Virgin (router arrived today). I really can't allow myself to be caught up in a 12 month contract with eir if this is the type of service, both technically and from a customer service point of view. 
    One question. I'll be phoning eir to cancel under my cooling-off period (broadband was only installed last Wednesday). However, I've put in a port request to Virgin to take my home phone number back from eir. Do I need to wait for that to take place (Virgin say 1 day) before cancelling with eir?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delays [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]this is still been investigated by the online team & I was hoping to have an update tomorrow. I'm really sorry to hear you have moved your service to another provider. There would be no need to keep your account open however if you cancel today you will have no service in your home until your new service is installed. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any assistance with the move please do let me know.[/font]

Thanks Pamela, I have just received an email from eir confirming my cancellation request. Would this email be generated based on my port request from to Virgin? I am concerned that the email states the cancellation will commence 30 days from now, but I'm in my cooling off window.

Thanks Pamela, I have just received an email from eir confirming my cancellation request. Would this email be generated based on my port request from to Virgin? I am concerned that the email states the cancellation will commence 30 days from now, but I'm in my cooling off window.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Usually these emails are automated & you should not have to wait the 30 days. Can you PM me your account number [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I'll check this. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Usually these emails are automated & you should not have to wait the 30 days. Can you PM me your account number [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& I'll check this. [/font]

It's ok Pamela. I spoke to a helpful lady from your loyalty team yesterday who explained and she also made a note that it's within the cooling-off period. My port request should finalise today and she said the account will automatically cancel when that happens.

• Advertisement

It's ok Pamela. I spoke to a helpful lady from your loyalty team yesterday who explained and she also made a note that it's within the cooling-off period. My port request should finalise today and she said the account will automatically cancel when that happens.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kin9pin,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]if you need any further assistance please do let me know. [/font]

Advertisement