Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Formed in 1967

Options
  • 01-12-2016 1:37pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place so fell free if it isnt.

I'm trying to research companies that are 50 years old next year. Dont have to be Irish but would like to have an Irish connection/presence.

So far I have found
    • New Line Cinema
    • Ralph Lauren Corporation
    • Pierre & Vacances
    • Roadbridge

I have contacted the golden pages to see if they have a 1967 edition.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

godtabh wrote: »

Looks like you're a year too early:
    We are proud of our heritage:

The Department of Posts and Telegraphs (P&T) awarded the contract for the first official classified directory in Ireland to International Telephone and Telegraph World Directories Incorporated (ITTWD).

http://blog.goldenpages.ie/about-us/history/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

The directory published in 1968 surely would be based on 1967 data?

It depends on what the OP wants to research - there are hundreds of such companies out there, but many/most have needed to change to survive.
    Have a look at the any newspaper report on stock exchange prices from that era, that will give you the 'PLCs' and they always have good records.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

It depends on what the OP wants to research - there are hundreds of such companies out there, but many/most have needed to change to survive.
    Have a look at the any newspaper report on stock exchange prices from that era, that will give you the 'PLCs' and they always have good records.

That's a good point!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Good point indeed. Thinking about it further, it's only going to help identify companies 50+ years old rather than 50 years old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Graham wrote: »
    Good point indeed. Thinking about it further, it's only going to help identify companies 50+ years old rather than 50 years old.
    Agreed. If it has to be exactly 50 years ago the go-to place is the NLI (or Dun & Bradstreet) for the 1967 back issues of the Stubbs Gazette or the ITPA gazette, which would list all new company formations. If memory serves, Iris Oifigiuil has company insolvencies only, not creation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Agreed. If it has to be exactly 50 years ago the go-to place is the NLI (or Dun & Bradstreet) for the 1967 back issues of the Stubbs Gazette or the ITPA gazette, which would list all new company formations. If memory serves, Iris Oifigiuil has company insolvencies only, not creation.

so much for Dun & Bradstreet

[Michael] Hello, my name is Michael from Dun and Bradstreet and I will be more than happy to assist you today.
    [Visitor] I was wondering do you have access to back issues of the Stubbs Gazette or the ITPA gazette for 1967?
    [Michael] No we dont sorry.
    [Visitor] ok thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Love how short that exchange is!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

so much for Dun & Bradstreet

Pop this into Google

"founded in 1967" AND (limited OR LTD) AND DUBLIN

• Registered Users Posts: 21,225 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm not sure if this is the right place so fell free if it isnt.

I'm trying to research companies that are 50 years old next year. Dont have to be Irish but would like to have an Irish connection/presence.

So far I have found
    • New Line Cinema
    • Ralph Lauren Corporation
    • Pierre & Vacances
    • Roadbridge

Would the CRO not be the first port of call? They'll have all records of companies formed in any given year.

Might take them 50 years to get you the info (that's if they're allowed to pass it on) though.

Then you have companies such as Vision Net who sell company info and access to company info. Might cost you an arm and a leg but they should also have what you're looking for.

You would have to give Vision Net a call as it's not a service they provide on their site. But I've worked in places in the past who used them when compiling lists of companies.

• Advertisement

Another post... if you get the 67 list from them you should also ask for a list of all current businesses, i.e Business with "Normal" as there status in 2016.

Get someone smart to run a script or something to do a cross reference between both lists. You could also do it manually in Excel in a relatively short time.

Advertisement