Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance/Japanese import

Options
  • 01-12-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Would BOI insure cars imported from Japan?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Nuw,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I've checked with the Insurance Team and provided the car is registered in Ireland and has an Irish registration plate, we'll provide a quote. If you'd like us to arrange a call from the team, please let me know.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Hi Nuw,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

I've checked with the Insurance Team and provided the car is registered in Ireland and has an Irish registration plate, we'll provide a quote. If you'd like us to arrange a call from the team, please let me know.

Thanks
    Tara
    Sweet, actually just thinking about buying so no need for this, yet.

Thanks for your prompt reply though, appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

provided the car is registered in Ireland and has an Irish registration plate, we'll provide a quote.

Thanks
    Tara
    Yeah, of about €10,000

OP, call them and see for yourself. There is a reason you see very little Jap imports in Ireland, they are however legally obligated to provide a quote if it is registered in Ireland, but I will be sky high.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

davo2001 wrote: »
    provided the car is registered in Ireland and has an Irish registration plate, we'll provide a quote.

Thanks
    Tara
    Yeah, of about €10,000

OP, call them and see for yourself. There is a reason you see very little Jap imports in Ireland, they are however legally obligated to provide a quote if it is registered in Ireland, but I will be sky high.
    I hear you there, it's just good to know the option is there.

Advertisement