Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Dev1234

sweetie wrote: »
    Not really, they've been about 150 new, 100 second hand

Thanks. Looks like I missed the boat anyways. The are out of stock on bose.ie.

I'll keep looking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

If you’re willing to spend €200 on the previous gen you’d surely stretch to 280 when they’re on sale from amazon.es or .de? Alternatively, the much better sounding Sennheiser momentum’s are €250 ish on Amazon at the moment though be aware that the NC isn’t remotely as good. Planning on ordering a pair myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Could be because I have a big head... but I won a pair of the sennheiser momentum and ended up giving them away due to how uncomfortable they were - never had any issue with the bose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

my skip track function doesnt work with spotify! which is wierd because if i press the button 3 times it works for going back a track! but pushing twice does not skip to next song!
    Anyone else the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-QuietComfort-Headphones/dp/B01MTQGY69/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

The AirMod Wireless Bluetooth Adapter is reduced to £59.99 on a lightning deal at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭jkbrackens11

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    dinneenp wrote: »
    Gets good reviews, let me invite what you think of them please.

Have been using them a week and have to say I'm very happy with them. Sound quality is great and the noise cancelling seems pretty good too. Now granted I haven't used the QC 35s but for €80 I would definitely think these are a great alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

sweetie wrote: »
    Dev1234 wrote:
    Quick question - is €200 a good price for the QC25s? Is there much difference between the 25s and the 35s outside of the 35s being wireless?

Not really, they've been about 150 new, 100 second hand
    Careful buying these, mine broke and then found out there was a design flaw. Bose repaired mine as there seemed to be accepting there was a design flaw on those manufactured before a certain date but the Bose forums are full of people who werent so lucky. Mine are relatively old but only used on flights (4-6 long haul per year).
    I recently bought the airmod for the pair they replaced. Very happy with both so far (fingers crossed)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-QuietComfort-Headphones/dp/B01MTQGY69

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

I had problems with my QC35's after 11 months. They would not fully power off and the green power LED stayed on at all times.
    I contacted BOSE and they were replaced free of charge with QC35ii's. I couldnt fault the service I received and I'm still a big fan of QC35's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

mph_96 wrote: »
    I had problems with my QC35's after 11 months. They would not fully power off and the green power LED stayed on at all times.
    I contacted BOSE and they were replaced free of charge with QC35ii's. I couldnt fault the service I received and I'm still a big fan of QC35's

How did you get in touch with Bose?

I contacted them via their web page using the chat function. I just described the fault and was asked to do a "reset" on the headphones. When that didnt sort the problem, I was asked for the serial number of the headphones and I was informed that they would be replaced free of charge. Courier collection was also sorted by BOSE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

I contacted them via their web page using the chat function. I just described the fault and was asked to do a "reset" on the headphones. When that didnt sort the problem, I was asked for the serial number of the headphones and I was informed that they would be replaced free of charge. Courier collection was also sorted by BOSE

Were you long after sending away your headphones before you received the replacement set ?

Thanks for that
    15 minutes there on chat and seem to be resolved.
    I have a pair of faulty (mic not working) Soundsport Wireless as confirmed by a Bose shop on holidays. I was holding them in my car till I got out to Dundrum, but this has made it so much handier.

Chat told me to just send in the headphones, no accessories will be returned. And once they received them, it takes 7-10 days to receive a replacement as they do not repair headphones.

how did your new ones arrive? full new box or just the headphones?

No bother.

The replacements arrived via DPD couriers within 10 days. They were a full new set with cables etc in a full new box. Warranty on replacements is a minimum of 12 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭jhansynk10

I picked up a set of refurbed Bose QC 35 series 1 in Dundrum last Friday for 220 including a 2 year warranty. They had a few sets left when I was in. Might be of interest to some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

jhansynk10 wrote: »
    I picked up a set of refurbed Bose QC 35 series 1 in Dundrum last Friday for 220 including a 2 year warranty. They had a few sets left when I was in. Might be of interest to some people

jaysis, ye slept on that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 104 ✭✭jhansynk10

Been sick all week mate, give them a call. They had about 11 sets when I left.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

They've none left in Dundrum, really could've been told a few days ago!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Black QC35 II’s are €299 on Amazon.de today.

So tempted, that’s a decent price isn’t it? Think it’s €317 with delivery.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

MK2 Sony's MX1000 are back down to 249 today on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

mik_da_man wrote: »
    MK2 Sony's MX1000 are back down to 249 today on Amazon

Anyone fancy swapping the Sonys for unopened bose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

Any reason you are looking to swap? I have a pair of Sony hear on if you were interested in a swap. My ears are just a bit big for the ear cups.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/sony-mdr-100abn-h-ear-on-wireless

cronos wrote: »
    Any reason you are looking to swap? I have a pair of Sony hear on if you were interested in a swap. My ears are just a bit big for the ear cups.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/sony-mdr-100abn-h-ear-on-wireless

Just thinking I'll enjoy the Sonys more. Mine are due from three this week. Got them with p20 Pro phone. Drop me a pm if you fancy chatting more about it
    Thanks,
    Mick

Just thinking I'll enjoy the Sonys more. Mine are due from three this week. Got them with p20 Pro phone. Drop me a pm if you fancy chatting more about it
    Thanks,
    Mick

Actually sorry thought you meant the mx version 2..woukdnt swap for the ones you link to

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I might be able to swap with you . Tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Ro-76 wrote: »
    I might be able to swap with you . Tried to pm you but your inbox is full.

Cleaned up in box. Pm away.
    Thanks,
    Mick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Does anyone know if you can buy the airline adaptor in dublin airport??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy the airline adaptor in dublin airport??

Used them on a trip recently and did not need it. Just plugging into one of the ports worked fine. Bigger aircrafts mind you. They are available in DA though; I think they were 7 quid for a generic brand. I got onto Bose anyway and ordered online - 3 quid.

Seve OB wrote: »
    Thanks for that
    15 minutes there on chat and seem to be resolved.
    I have a pair of faulty (mic not working) Soundsport Wireless as confirmed by a Bose shop on holidays. I was holding them in my car till I got out to Dundrum, but this has made it so much handier.

Chat told me to just send in the headphones, no accessories will be returned. And once they received them, it takes 7-10 days to receive a replacement as they do not repair headphones.

how did your new ones arrive? full new box or just the headphones?

So I actually dropped off the headphones at courier as it was close enough to me and being a bank holiday Friday it saved a few days. Got a new pair through the door on Monday week. Super quick. New ones were loose, no box, no case, but did come with a full set of buds.

The mic on these seem to be working fine, mind you so did the other ones for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

Did you end up going for these in the end? I'm thinking of doing the same. Just a bit worried about ordering them from there as I've not done that before.
    Black QC35 II’s are €299 on Amazon.de today.

So tempted, that’s a decent price isn’t it? Think it’s €317 with delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

Seve OB wrote: »
    So I actually dropped off the headphones at courier as it was close enough to me and being a bank holiday Friday it saved a few days. Got a new pair through the door on Monday week. Super quick. New ones were loose, no box, no case, but did come with a full set of buds.

The mic on these seem to be working fine, mind you so did the other ones for a while.

That’s shocking, plenty seem to have issues with the 35s, I’m sure you are fearful of when the warranty runs out. Im glad I went with the mdr’s in the end. Just felt the 35s weren’t as solid feeling as the 25s I was upgrading from.

That’s shocking, plenty seem to have issues with the 35s, I’m sure you are fearful of when the warranty runs out. Im glad I went with the mdr’s in the end. Just felt the 35s weren’t as solid feeling as the 25s I was upgrading from.

my issue was with the soundsport wireless
    My 35s are bang on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I’m torn between the QC35 with the possible Bluetooth dropouts and the Sony MDRs which some people claim are tight fitting and get hot when worn.
    Anyone give me some advice thanks?

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I’m torn between the QC35 with the possible Bluetooth dropouts and the Sony MDRs which some people claim are tight fitting and get hot when worn.
    Anyone give me some advice thanks?

ive been wearing my mdrs for a few weeks now up to an hour at a time and theyre as comfy as can be.

ive been wearing my mdrs for a few weeks now up to an hour at a time and theyre as comfy as can be.

I tried both and the sound quality of the Sonys are awesome.. Either are not for sweating or working out in.. The Sonys clamp a bit tighter but nothing to complain about.. Try both if you can

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

What's the best value on the market at the moment, lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

How would the Bose 15s compare for noise cancellation please?

I'm looking for a pair, primary use is just for blocking out office noise. I know they're not wireless but I can pick up a 2nd pair for half nothing compared to the 35 and a lot cheaper than the 25s.

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Has anyone swapped your Qc35s for Bose Soundsport wireless earbuds?

Have had the QC35's 18 months and I love using them. The issue is that I am always using them when out and about. If I am going to meet friends for a drink I wear them for the commute however I don't have anywhere to store them safely, hence thinking of swapping for the Soundsport as the charge case they come with can easily fit in a pocket.

So has anyone done this? Or does anyone know about any true wireless earbuds with ANC they could recommend?

I know this is a bit off topic too so happy to recieve PM from anyone who can advise instead of derailing the thread,

Lastly I think I may have asked about this before with respect to my cycling commute to work, just to say I took all your advice onboard and wont be taking any unnecessary risks using these!

cheers

frAg

frag420 wrote: »

Have had the QC35's 18 months and I love using them. The issue is that I am always using them when out and about. If I am going to meet friends for a drink I wear them for the commute however I don't have anywhere to store them safely, hence thinking of swapping for the Soundsport as the charge case they come with can easily fit in a pocket.

So has anyone done this? Or does anyone know about any true wireless earbuds with ANC they could recommend?

I know this is a bit off topic too so happy to recieve PM from anyone who can advise instead of derailing the thread,

Lastly I think I may have asked about this before with respect to my cycling commute to work, just to say I took all your advice onboard and wont be taking any unnecessary risks using these!

cheers

frAg

I got a pair of each...... Problem solved

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yergrand

got a pair of qc 35 ii's today. the noise cancelling is amazing but the stuttering when on bluetooth is awful.

It's not all the time but I've been using it all day and there hasn't been a song it hasn't affected. Used my phone, my laptop and my work laptop... same issue.

haven't tried them with the cable yet, so I guess it's not a complete loss. 90% of the reason I got them was the NC anyway, having to use a cable isn't a big deal.

frustrating though, for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

frag420 wrote: »

Bose QC 30 have ANC and are wireless. However i'd personally go with the sound sport as the neck band is annoying on the QC 30 and unless you absolutely need the ANC they aren't any better.

If you do get soundsports, get a pair from Bose directly as some places may have older stock and the build quality has come on a good bit. The originals weren't great and i had a replacement under warranty as they were falling apart. The charging case is also worth having for the extra battery and protection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

yergrand wrote: »
    got a pair of qc 35 ii's today. the noise cancelling is amazing but the stuttering when on bluetooth is awful.

I'd return them for a new pair. I've never had any stuttering and I use mine on Bluetooth exclusively.

JaMarcus wrote: »
    I'd return them for a new pair. I've never had any stuttering and I use mine on Bluetooth exclusively.

snap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭lau1247

It's not all the time but I've been using it all day and there hasn't been a song it hasn't affected. Used my phone, my laptop and my work laptop... same issue.

Were you beside it during most of those times?

I didn't have those problem when close by however when I left my phone in the kitchen on ground floor and went upstairs to third floor, between second and third floor, it did stutter only for like a second. I wonder if it is because of bluetooth distance and walls?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is this happening on Spotify by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

haven't tried them with the cable yet, so I guess it's not a complete loss. 90% of the reason I got them was the NC anyway, having to use a cable isn't a big deal.

frustrating though, for the money.

If you haven't already - install the Bose Connect app and let it upgrade the firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

JaMarcus wrote:

I agree, same situation, never have had a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yergrand

Keano wrote: »
    Is this happening on Spotify by any chance?

yeah it's on spotify mainly.

I already upgraded the firmware with the bose connect app, paired/unpaired, cleared list etc etc.

I got a few 15-20 minute periods out of it today where the listening was pretty good but then the stuttering started again and I had to plug in the cable

i'll contact the seller tomorrow, see what they say

I already upgraded the firmware with the bose connect app, paired/unpaired, cleared list etc etc.

I got a few 15-20 minute periods out of it today where the listening was pretty good but then the stuttering started again and I had to plug in the cable

What phone are you using? What Bluetooth streaming codec? Sorry if you already posted.
    Thanks,
    Mick

What phone are you using? What Bluetooth streaming codec? Sorry if you already posted.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Nevermind see its all devices..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I have that problem with my airpods when I use Spotify.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement