Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

I think the blue tooth receiver is in the right cup as when my phone (note 4, BT v4) was in my left pocket it stuttered all the time but when in my right it didn't. I have since upgraded to the S8+ (BT v5) and I get no stuttering even at a good distance from the phone. It looks like the headphones work best with BT v5 devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 yergrand

Keano wrote: »
    I have that problem with my airpods when I use Spotify.

I've spent the morning listening to mp3s i had on my phone and it's been great

how very strange

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/80008/page/2

there are dozens of us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭rom

So many moons ago I used to test consumer BT devices mainly audio.

I am getting the audio drops and stuttering every hour or two also.

Firstly my headset is paired with new laptop and new samsung phone.

So would be interested on those who are having the issue have they paired with more than one device like me as the first few weeks was fine before I added additional devices like 2 laptops.

I am using qc 2. Fimware is a non runner as I am the latest.

BT coex with wifi is also not the issue as its happened in both noisy and quite places wifi wise.

The line of troubleshooting bose go down from this issue is removing paired devices and adding them back in. I was even told to restart my phone. Restarting bt on the phone should be enough.

So its either a software issue with the headset or the phone its paired with.

I would be interested in which phones have the issue. Also has it happened to anyone with it streaming from a computer so it can be isolated to the phones or the headset being to blame. I have requested a replacement either ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

I don't suppose anyone knows what price the QC30s are in Dixons in Dublin Airport?
    I'm very impressed with my QC35s but feel I might get more use out of an in-ear phone. I see they are €245 on Amazon.es but I'll be off on holliers in less than a month so interested to discover how much I could pick them up in the airport for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

$315 for qc35 and $159 for qc25 in Bose Factory store in Kittery, Maine today. Buy one item get second 25% off, was rushing do not sure if this could be done with cheaper item then 25% off qc35

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

sweetie wrote: »
    $315 for qc35 and $159 for qc25 in Bose Factory store in Kittery, Maine today. Buy one item get second 25% off, was rushing do not sure if this could be done with cheaper item then 25% off qc35

I guarantee that its 25% off cheapest item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

I was thinking of upgrading my QC25s to 35s, just found this bluetooth adapter online.
    It's available on amazon uk, looks good, might just go with this instead.

https://www.bolleraven.com/product/airmod/

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Wheres the cheapest place to get pair of QC35s or 25s at the moment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Has anyone else suffered pressure headaches from wearing these? I bought a pair a couple of weeks ago and was delighted with how quiet my flight was with them. I had a bit of a headache getting off the plane but thought nothing of it.

Used them again a few times last week and found the same thing happening. It seems to be an issue for some people :(

In other news, does anyone want to buy a set of Bose QC 35 II in silver worn about 5 times with a receipt for warranty ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

furiousox wrote: »
    I was thinking of upgrading my QC25s to 35s, just found this bluetooth adapter online.
    It's available on amazon uk, looks good, might just go with this instead.

https://www.bolleraven.com/product/airmod/

Nice find. If it becomes available for <€50 well worth getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

I bought that as well ... it works very well, very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mackTheKnife

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Where's the best place to buy the https://www.bolleraven.com/product/airmod/?

£70 on Amazon.co.uk, anywhere cheaper?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭CWF

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    How much will you sell them for? Pm me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

Guys, what's the best budget-ish noise cancelling in-ear phones?

I have the QC35 which I love, but my partner doesn't like over-ear headphones. She just started in a busy office and the background noise is driving her crazy, so good noise cancellation is a must (more so than sound quality).

• Advertisement

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Guys, what's the best budget-ish noise cancelling in-ear phones?

I have the QC35 which I love, but my partner doesn't like over-ear headphones. She just started in a busy office and the background noise is driving her crazy, so good noise cancellation is a must (more so than sound quality).

active noise cancelling or general sound-blocking?

id be fussy enough but i find a pair of twenty quid sony in-ears would block out pretty much everything for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭kod12

lost my QC35 yesterday. Is there a cheaper alternative to them at the 150 market havent the 370 to shell out on the 2nd series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

In the market for a pair of noise cancelling headphones, is there any decent offers available on these at the moment?

Also my decision boiled down to the Bose QC35ii or the Sony XM2 or XM3's, has any any experience comparing these?

Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

In the market for a pair of noise cancelling headphones, is there any decent offers available on these at the moment?

Also my decision boiled down to the Bose QC35ii or the Sony XM2 or XM3's, has any any experience comparing these?

Cheers!
    I tried the xm2 versus bose. Much prefer the sound of the Sonys.. Bose slightly more comfortable.. The xm3s are meant to be even better.. Annoyed as only have my xm2 a few months

I tried the xm2 versus bose. Much prefer the sound of the Sonys.. Bose slightly more comfortable.. The xm3s are meant to be even better.. Annoyed as only have my xm2 a few months

Cheers for the reply, interesting!

If you don't mind me asking how much did the XM2's set you back? I've heard the XM3's are great but not sure if they justify the extra money.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the reply, interesting!

If you don't mind me asking how much did the XM2's set you back? I've heard the XM3's are great but not sure if they justify the extra money.
    Well I didn't actual buy them. I got a free pair of bose with my Huawei P20 Pro for pre ordering on three. I traded them for the Sonys with someone who had bought the Sonys and didn't like the comfort. If I was a buyer now I'd definitely look at the xm3s. I'm guessing there fair discounts to be had?

bought xm2s a few months back, think the damage was 300 odd delivered (tho id need to check)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I have soundmagic in ear phones and found them very good. I'm on the lookout for some headphones but don't want to spend QC35 money. Anybody familiar with these?

https://soundmagicheadphones.com/collections/pro-headphones/products/soundmagic-hp200-open-back-hifi-headphones-with-replaceable-cable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I've been using soundmagic in ear phones for years but I've no idea what their over ear versions are like. I didn't even know they were a thing which isn't a great sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057909640

Sony WF1000X wireless ANC in-ears? <€110 delivered. No idea if they're any good. Mixed reviews. €250 full price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have soundmagic in ear phones and found them very good. I'm on the lookout for some headphones but don't want to spend QC35 money. Anybody familiar with these?

https://soundmagicheadphones.com/collections/pro-headphones/products/soundmagic-hp200-open-back-hifi-headphones-with-replaceable-cable

Sennheiser have refurb models on sale in their UK store at the moment. You would have to use Parcel Motel or similar.

I have a pair of HD4.50BTNC that arrived in parcel motel today. Usually £140-£150 new, I paid £80 for the. Come with a 2 year warranty.

http://outlet.se-shop.de/shops/list.php?category=0&welcome=1

Wont be up there with the top of the line models bu look a decent budget option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Finally bit the bullet after reading reviews of the xm3s. Can't believe I've just spent that much on headphones!

Finally bit the bullet after reading reviews of the xm3s. Can't believe I've just spent that much on headphones!

Congrats haha, where did you buy from?

Let us know how you find then.

i went to amazon to see how much xm3 were:

Price: £329.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details
    You Save: £0.01

well. can't argue with that saving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Got them today myself as well.

€400 in Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Amazon, should have them early next week. I like Amazon's returns policy so buy a lot from them, worth waiting the week for imo.

I did take advantage of that massive saving too. What to spend it on now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Going to order the Sony's, great reviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Etnies wrote: »

Thinking of doing the same :) What could someone hope to get on Adverts etc for the XM2s just a couple of months old:confused:
    I have a tendency to over price sometimes but want to get a fair price too!

Kinda annoyed that they released the XM3 so soon tbh:(

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Etnies wrote: »

Thinking of doing the same :) What could someone hope to get on Adverts etc for the XM2s just a couple of months old:confused:
    I have a tendency to over price sometimes but want to get a fair price too!

Kinda annoyed that they released the XM3 so soon tbh:(
    Same boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

adox wrote: »
    Sennheiser have refurb models on sale in their UK store at the moment. You would have to use Parcel Motel or similar.

I have a pair of HD4.50BTNC that arrived in parcel motel today. Usually £140-£150 new, I paid £80 for the. Come with a 2 year warranty.

http://outlet.se-shop.de/shops/list.php?category=0&welcome=1

Wont be up there with the top of the line models bu look a decent budget option.

Amazon.co.uk did these for £89 new on prime day. I wanted the QC but couldn't bring myself to hand over the cash, so happy enough with the Sennheisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

was thinking of selling my QC 35 II and getting these XM3...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Would be interested in your QC2s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

zweton wrote: »
    Would be interested in your QC2s...
    I meant QC35 II...

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Love my QC-35 however looking for something for gym over ear like QC-35 however tighter on my head, i want to be crushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I meant QC35 II...

Sorry yes, would be interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

wingnut wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk did these for £89 new on prime day. I wanted the QC but couldn't bring myself to hand over the cash, so happy enough with the Sennheisers.

Got mine and happy enough with them so far. First pair of ANC wireless headphones so nothing to compare to. Have only used them in the house so far. The noise cancelling is decent but not spectacular. It cuts out the low ends of sounds. They clamp the head quite strongly but hopefully loosen with time.

Although B stock they arrived as new and with a 2 year warranty. Very happy with them overall. Nice price point to dip my toe into as well rather than going the €300+ route.

ive a guy here at work bought them same week as i got the xm2s

very nice pair for that price and certainly do a job for office etc. no comparison in nc for traffic, airplane etc tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I travel a fair bit for work and would imagine these are what I need..... But I cannot justify really anything more than a hundred quid (I can justify it perfectly but the better half would cut my nuts off). I received a great set of Philips Bluetooth headphones as a gift last Xmas. But they are useless on a flight.

Could someone recommend a set for a hundred quid that are wireless but are good on a flight? Or do I really need to be spending double even triple that?

Thanks in advance.

I travel a fair bit for work and would imagine these are what I need..... But I cannot justify really anything more than a hundred quid (I can justify it perfectly but the better half would cut my nuts off). I received a great set of Philips Bluetooth headphones as a gift last Xmas. But they are useless on a flight.

Could someone recommend a set for a hundred quid that are wireless but are good on a flight? Or do I really need to be spending double even triple that?

Thanks in advance.

I'm in the same boat and I've narrowed my choice down to the Sennheiser 4.50BTNC

A lot of reviews are saying they are as good as the QC35's but for half the price.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/sennheiser-hd-450-btnc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

All this talk of the xm3 is getting me thinking. I have the mdr1000x and I’m delighted with them, but I’m tempted to sell them for the xm3.
    Did anyone get to compare both headphones?
    Any idea what price I would expect to get for my mdr’s? They are mint condition with all accessories still in the box.

I called into my local expert electrical (BUY IRISH LADS) this morning with a fistful of fivers burning a whole in my hand. They didn't have the 4.50BTNC in stock but it turned out that unless you specifically want noise cancelling the Sennheiser 4.40BT is actually a better buy from an audio point of view. Brought 'em home and threw them on. The included 3.5mm to 2.5mm wire is a waste of time and is finickey to fit. I couldn't hear much difference sound wise either way. After playing around with the EQ settings on my Galaxy S7, I found a setting I liked. I have had one or two slight skips during the day using BT but that is over a good 6 hours use, 6 hours of comfortable use at that. I was a little disappointed listening to some rock stuff, vocals seem a little muddy. Jazz, classical and modern bassy pop have been very good. Overall I am happy with the purchase so far. If you can't justify spending more than €100 or so, as I coudn't at the current time these are a great bet. I'm looking forward to getting home to my own house (staying in my fiancés place this weekend) and connecting to them to my amp and seeing is there much of an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dubliner999

I'm a bit lost with this thread. Where's the best place to get the qc 35s now?

I remember seeing it's in duty free and will be there tomorrow. Still the case or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

I'm in the same boat and I've narrowed my choice down to the Sennheiser 4.50BTNC

A lot of reviews are saying they are as good as the QC35's but for half the price.

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/sennheiser-hd-450-btnc

Noise cancelling is defo better on the BOSE. Audio quality seemed similar to me. Happy enough with the senheiser but if money was nó object is have got the bose.

bergipau wrote: »
    All this talk of the xm3 is getting me thinking. I have the mdr1000x and I’m delighted with them, but I’m tempted to sell them for the xm3.
    Did anyone get to compare both headphones?
    Any idea what price I would expect to get for my mdr’s? They are mint condition with all accessories still in the box.
    I guess you might get 100 euro. For. The xm1.
    I am currently on a transatlantic flight with the xm2 and they are awesome. I can't imagine the XM3 being night and day better. So no itch to upgrade.. I might demo the XM3 in store if I see them during the week.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement