Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Wore them to work yesterday and it was a godsend. Left them at home for my normal on ears today to see the difference and I'm hating it.

noclee wrote: »
    Received the black QC35 from amazon.es with free shipping total 302e, original order amazon screwed up so they gave me free shipping. They are also shipped from Amazon Ireland. Wearing them in open plan office and they are great for blocking out office noise.

What was the issue? I ordered nearly a week ago from .es and still not shipped or charged to my card (well they were but went off it again), strange for Amazon as it's usually delivered fast enough (from the .uk site anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

I had the same issue contacted amazon.es and they re-order them again for me and subtracted the shipping cost for the inconvenience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

ctlsleh wrote: »
    im in the US so im going to check the prices out here too......ill post what i find.

Find your nearest Bose Outlet store. They work in a similar style to Apple, they take items back in the main stores for no quibble so there is literally nothing wrong with the units. They refurbish and repackage, then resell in the outlets with the same warranty etc. The products are perfect (I worked there) and the savings can be considerable.

I had the same issue contacted amazon.es and they re-order them again for me and subtracted the shipping cost for the inconvenience

Did they take long to get back to you? I emailed yesterday morning and no response yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Use the chat window and get it sorted in realtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

My QC20's arrived this morning. Blown away with the performance at higher frequencies. The cheap ones I had (mentioned earlier in the thread) were "grand" for reducing the intensity of the lower frequency engine noise but they were useless for reducing noise from adjacent conversations or music. These guys reduce those noises to a very distant whisper. :)

Delighted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

A pair of qc 30s arrived for me yesterday. Enjoying the wireless freedom and quality so far is great. Seamless switching from work calls via laptop back to music on my iPhone.

Thumbs up so far!

Use the chat window and get it sorted in realtime

Tried that, basically got a "we are working to ship it as soon as possible can I help you with anything else today, goodbye."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 smk321

One thing I'd say about Bose is their returns policy is brilliant. Got a pair of qc20s almost 2 years ago and they stopped working a month before the end of the warranty. Phoned them up they emailed the shipping label within an hour and it got sent off to Belgium.

Will definitely be taking them up on the qc30s just because of that customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

$349 for the QC30's plus tax in the US, so more than Dixon's in LHR......didn't make it to an outlet this time, maybe next time......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

Got my QC25s and had the chance to try them on a flight to Barcelona earlier this week.
    The 'plane was even noisier than normal with a terrible high pitched drone that sounded more like a vibrating panel than anything else.
    The cans didn't quite cancel out the drone but the sound from the engine was completely blocked out.
    Some have said that when you switch off the cancelling the sound goes to hell but it's certainly good enough for dialogue in a hotel room for example.
    The case is a good deal bulkier than my Sennheiser noice cancelling headphones but the Bose are more comfortable for long term use.
    Overall, I'm very happy with them.

Although it's off topic I really have commend Bose on their customer service. Had my QC 25s for a year and 11 months when one of the sides stopped working. A few minutes on the phone and emailing them my receipt and they sent a prepaid ups shipment label. Really impressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is the warranty transferrable? I'm seeing a lot of unopened QC 35s on second hand sites

Is the warranty transferrable? I'm seeing a lot of unopened QC 35s on second hand sites

Well all they asked was for proof of purchase so if they had the original receipt I'm sure there's no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

smk321 wrote: »
    Although it's off topic I really have commend Bose on their customer service. Had my QC 25s for a year and 11 months when one of the sides stopped working. A few minutes on the phone and emailing them my receipt and they sent a prepaid ups shipment label. Really impressed.

The BOSE guys in Dundrum also seem to have some ability to give you discounts if you have signed up with them. I use the QC25s and the Ultrasound Sport (the only earbuds that I have ever found comfortable).

Lost my ultrasounds, and was honestly dreading work and the commute without them, dropped into Bose, he recognised me and asked where my old ones were, he checked my account, and because the two purchases recently enough he was able to give me 10% off. Completely sound, I never asked, it was his prerogative to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The black ones are 289 on Amazon Spain at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

Finally took a plunge and bought from Dixons at Dublin Airport, black €319
    Used on a long haul flight. Very Happy so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 westside

Bought the qc20s in Dixons in airport for 219. Very good on the flight. I probably would have bought the qc30s if they had them but they have been out of stock for a while. They got 60 pairs in and they sold out really quickly. Looking forward to silence on the bus to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

plasmin wrote: »

Was that the price for the QC25 or something else?

Thoie wrote: »
    Was that the price for the QC25 or something else?

Can't remember for sure but it probably was 250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

plasmin wrote: »

Sorry, I was asking what you had bought for €319 (as the thread title says QC35, but people have been talking about a lot of different things).

Thoie wrote: »
    Sorry, I was asking what you had bought for €319 (as the thread title says QC35, but people have been talking about a lot of different things).

Sorry misunderstood, I bought QC35

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Anyone having Bluetooth issues? iPhone6 music/podcasts cuts every few seconds unless phote is held up close to the headphones

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone having Bluetooth issues? iPhone6 music/podcasts cuts every few seconds unless phote is held up close to the headphones

My Q35's seem fine with my iPhone 7 and my MacBook Air, I haven't experienced anything like you describe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

Just got to use my QC35s for the first time on a return flight to Spain over the weekend. I have to say I was blown away by quality of sound on such a noisy flight. It was just such a pleasure to sit back and enjoy the music. I was feeling a bit guilty at spending so much on a set headphones but so happy I did. Thanks for convincing me to buy them.

How's walking and talking on the qc 35s?

Qc30s are unfortunately rubbish at this :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

has anyone purchased these from amazon.es?

whats the warranty status on these, 1 year, or 2?

BArra wrote: »
    has anyone purchased these from amazon.es?

whats the warranty status on these, 1 year, or 2?

I bought from amazon.es. I didn't check the warranty status as it should be the same across the EU regardless of where they are bought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I had this issue on my laptop but it turned out that the Bluetooth mouse I was using was on a similar frequency and this was causing interference with the headphones. As soon as I went back to using the wireless dongle for the mouse it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Tazium wrote: »
    How's walking and talking on the qc 35s?

Qc30s are unfortunately rubbish at this :(

Pretty rubbish also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

It was a dodgy bluetooth antenna in my iPhone6. All is good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭redscan

Rackstar wrote: »
    Pretty rubbish also

I personally find them excellent for this. I make phone calls while walking through the city and have never had any issues. Blocks out all rush hour traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

redscan wrote: »
    I personally find them excellent for this. I make phone calls while walking through the city and have never had any issues. Blocks out all rush hour traffic.

Wind is the issue, try them out in the open with some wind.

Press the same button you use to play/pause/skip songs (between the volume buttons).
    Rackstar wrote: »
    Wind is the issue, try them out in the open with some wind.

They are excellent for listening to music walking around outside so should be fine for calls too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Taking my first flight in the morn since I bought these last month. Looking forward to checking these bad boys out at 30,000 ft

They are excellent for listening to music walking around outside so should be fine for calls too.

They are ok listening to music in windy conditions, you can hear some wind picked up by the mics. Phone calls in the wind are a different story, as soon as you make a call you can hear the difference. A lot more external sounds gets in, especially wind. Try it out, have them on with no music and make a call.

QC 30's returned to Amazon, tried to convince myself that I could do without the inline mic by answering on the phone but fup that, it's a feature that's highlighted and it's unbearable.  Noise cancelling was great though, I'm back to non cancelling wired soundsports.
    I'll give the QC 35's a test in Dixons at the airport next week, hope to compare against the Sony MDR-1000X.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tazium wrote: »
    QC 30's returned to Amazon, tried to convince myself that I could do without the inline mic by answering on the phone but fup that, it's a feature that's highlighted and it's unbearable.  Noise cancelling was great though, I'm back to non cancelling wired soundsports.
    I'll give the QC 35's a test in Dixons at the airport next week, hope to compare against the Sony MDR-1000X.

Would be interested to hear the comparison.
    Hopefully will trying them out myself shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Got the qc35 from amazon.es, 304e delivered, came in two days. Amazon ireland showing on delivery label!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

Are these headphones too bulky to be walking with every day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

magicmoves wrote: »

Depends on the size of your head and surrounding area....

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

frag420 wrote: »

Depends on the size of your head and surrounding area....

Too funny....:)

They are compact for over ear headphones, some people I was showing to them even commented on them being tidy. They are very comfortable and light weight so for me they are fine for wearing in work most of the day. Walking around should be no different.

As an aside, anyone have any difficulty in connecting to a win7 pc with them? I can connect to my MacBook and iPhone6 with ease but I also use a windows laptop at work which the headphone say they are connected to but on the laptop it shows on devices with a yellow warning triangle and I can't play music to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've had no problem connecting them to my android phone, macbook or Windows 7 PC in work. My Windows 10 desktop at home though really doesn't like them. Haven't bothered fixing that yet either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Just ordered on amazon spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Just ordered on amazon spain.

Ha, just did the same. Tried out a mates pair the other evening - they are impressive. Works out at about €304 delivered from amazon spain for anyone who's on the lookout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Does it defo come with an airline adaptor?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement