Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bose Quiet Comfort 35 headphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Does it defo come with an airline adaptor?

Yep, my mates one had an airline adapter with it. And looking at the Bose website its in the box

https://www.bose.ie/en_ie/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones/quietcomfort-35-wireless.html#v=qc35_black
    What’s in the box?

QC35 wireless headphones
    USB charging cable
    Audio cable for wired connection
    Airline adapter
    Carrying case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 smk321

JoeyJJ wrote:
    Just ordered on amazon spain.

Just got mine, works great just like the QC 25s although I need to read the instructions on how to switch.

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Does it defo come with an airline adaptor?

It does, even has a special slot in the carry case where it clips in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Just to mention, the airline adapter is a double 3.5mm jack which won't work with some airlines in business etc, Emirates use a three pin plug in business as far as I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

C0N0R wrote: »
    Just to mention, the airline adapter is a double 3.5mm jack which won't work with some airlines in business etc, Emirates use a three pin plug in business as far as I remember.

It works with the three pin plug too. Just plug it into the bottom two.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

For frequent airline travellers, I also recommend getting one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sivitec-Headphone-Earphone-Line-Control/dp/B00I6LQQ5I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485809767&sr=8-3&keywords=3.5mm+volume+control

Basically I've found that some airline entertainment systems are designed to work with those terrible cheap airline free headphones. Because of this they have the audio level set extremely high, even when you set the audio level to jsut 1, I find it sometimes is far too loud of good quality headphones like these and thus it blows your ears out.

The above device allows you to reduce the volume to a usable level.

You don't always need it, but absolutely well worth it when you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

This is a very useful piece of information - thanks a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

Dublin airport 319.96 for the QC 35s and 322.96 for the Mdr-1000x

For me the Bose just feel better. The Sonys are impressive for both sound and anc but the gesture controls had a mind of their own, adjusting the headset on my noggin caused the feature to kick in allowing outside sound in and reducing music. A minor annoyance but one that would irritate if it regularly occurred. I felt there's more to go wrong on the Sony's but price is good, better than Amazon and sound is pretty great, very immersive in my opinion. The tiny bit of extra weight wasn't noticeable and the head grip rather than cradling of the Bose didn't bother me either. Both are excellent sets and it's a tough choice with only a couple of Euro in the difference.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

bk wrote: »
    For frequent airline travellers, I also recommend getting one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sivitec-Headphone-Earphone-Line-Control/dp/B00I6LQQ5I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1485809767&sr=8-3&keywords=3.5mm+volume+control

Basically I've found that some airline entertainment systems are designed to work with those terrible cheap airline free headphones. Because of this they have the audio level set extremely high, even when you set the audio level to jsut 1, I find it sometimes is far too loud of good quality headphones like these and thus it blows your ears out.

The above device allows you to reduce the volume to a usable level.

You don't always need it, but absolutely well worth it when you need it.

Do the QC35 not come with a similar thing?
    I'm (almost) certain my old QC2 have it in the case.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Do the QC35 not come with a similar thing?
    I'm (almost) certain my old QC2 have it in the case.

Well my QC20 didn't, don't know about the QC35's. I think it is a good general tip for anyone with good quality headphones (for instance the Sony's mentioned above) if they don't come with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

If anyone's passing through Dublin airport (and has the time and energy), could you enquire if they have the QC25s, and if so, how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭a clanger

Thoie wrote: »
    If anyone's passing through Dublin airport (and has the time and energy), could you enquire if they have the QC25s, and if so, how much?

I got a pair of QC25's for €259 about 2 weeks ago. I called Dixon's travel at the airport beforehand to check stock and price !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 akashb

After lots of thinking, bought this bad boy from Dixons Travel. Around 319 euro.

Used in flight, and absolutely insane. Loved it....its a different world with these !!!

Yesterday, heard from the guy at Bose Shop in Manchester Arndale, and he mentioned that prices are expected to go up from Feb onwards..indicted £289.95 is going to £330 odd...Not sure of that though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Tested out my qc35's on a flight recently and they are very good at their job, engine noise is near non existant. Other noise is also reduced significantly to make situations before a non issue.

They are pricy enough gadget but if you value your own space they are a wonder.

Extremely comfortable to wear, i had a four hour flight and didnt feel irritated by them at all. Not suffering any bluetooth drop outs thus far.

The included case is nice quality, battery life is excellent, their 20 hour claims are spot on. Could always use a portable battery pack to juice them back up.

I hummed and hawed between the sonys, albeit i wasnt able to try them on, with electronics theres always something to go wrong, theres less with the bose, and their customer service is apparently very good.

Very happy with the purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Anyone try them with a pair of spectacles yet.?

How do they fit

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

How do they fit

Didn't bother me,combined with writhing around on a long haul seat, pretty comfortable under the circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mph_96

Have been using them since before Xmas with spectacles. No bother at all. But my frames are narrow metal ones. Not sure of what would happen if the frames were larger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I had been leaning towards the QC25s as I reckoned connecting via a cable would be less battery intensive than via bluetooth, but based on BArra's post I went to look at some of the specs and saw "QuietComfort® 35 headphones use a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that stays powered for up to 20 hours while using the headphones wirelessly and up to 40 hours for wired use."

I didn't realise these came with a cable, which could be handy for very long journeys. Has anyone tried it out with the cable yet? Does it automatically switch off bluetooth when you connect the cable?

If you prebooked these from Dixons in the airport to pick up when you're starting your trip, what's the chances that they'd charge them up for you before you arrive? Or can you use them while they're charging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

They arrived, the humm of the office is gone and noisy colleagues that shout on phone are significantly lower, the sound quality is impressive. A luxury item however I have been lusting after qc25's for years, these qc35 offer features above that.

Have a flight to capetown next 4/5 weeks these will hopefully enable me to sleep for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

If you prebooked these from Dixons in the airport to pick up when you're starting your trip, what's the chances that they'd charge them up for you before you arrive? Or can you use them while they're charging?

Ordered my on Amazon Spain Monday lunch, they arrived this morning wed first post. 302 delivered.

• Advertisement

I had been leaning towards the QC25s as I reckoned connecting via a cable would be less battery intensive than via bluetooth, but based on BArra's post I went to look at some of the specs and saw "QuietComfort® 35 headphones use a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that stays powered for up to 20 hours while using the headphones wirelessly and up to 40 hours for wired use."

I didn't realise these came with a cable, which could be handy for very long journeys. Has anyone tried it out with the cable yet? Does it automatically switch off bluetooth when you connect the cable?

After a week using these I couldn't go back to a wired headphone. The noise calcellation is brilliant but the wirelessness makes them twice as useful imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

How do they fit

Another four-eyes here with no problems. The ear padding is soft and plush enough that they're still comfortable and don't feel like they're clamping the glasses onto your head.

You can use them while they are charging (although the supplied USB>Micro USB cable is on the short side) but they come out of the box about 80% charged. Or mine did at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

does the noise cancellation work while they are used wired?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

does the noise cancellation work while they are used wired?

Yes, so long as there is battery power left. If the battery is flat they work just like regular headphones.

Mine were 70% charged out of the box. Plenty of juice to get you through a long haul flight.

Glasses here too, no issue with wearing them with the bose.

They come with 70-80% charge straight out of the box, so if you pickup them in the airport shop you are good to go, just get the bose connect app and pair and update firmware and its ready to go.

I got mine from amazon.es, in the bose connect app, you can see build date of the headphones, mine was 20th december 2016

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I have used these on lots of flights and they are excellent if you plan on staying awake and listen/watch something but they are impractical for sleeping unless you sleep without resting your head on anything. If any part touches the plane, the vibrations ruin them.
    Also beware that some airlines don't allow Bluetooth and others like Aer Lingus don't allow overhead headphones until after takeoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone got any feedback on the QC35 versus B&O beoplay H9?

Would be interested In hearing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Joziburg wrote: »

I have tried both ( a co worker bought them ) Sound quality wise they B&O are a bit better but for noise cancelling I really couldn't tell the difference between them in an office setting. I know noise cancelling in that environment isn't the best test but I find my Bose to knock a lot of the annoying stuff out, the B&O didn't block much more if any out in my opinion.

The look and feel of the B&O is definitely superior to the Bose but you would expect that from a company who value style as much as sound. The styling is great on the B&O and they feel really well on the head.

If you need noise cancelling and decent sound quality and are not too hung up on having the better looking headphones then the Bose are the job but if styling is your thing and you want the noise cancelling too then spend the extra money and buy the B&O.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Joziburg wrote: »

Reviews are starting to look extremely disappointing for the H9. Vlad Savov on The Verge had another up today. I was fairly confident that they wouldn't match the Bose in terms of noise reduction, but I was hoping that they'd be able to bring something close to the sound quality of the H6. No deal it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

MaceFace wrote: »
    I have used these on lots of flights and they are excellent if you plan on staying awake and listen/watch something but they are impractical for sleeping unless you sleep without resting your head on anything. If any part touches the plane, the vibrations ruin them.
    Also beware that some airlines don't allow Bluetooth and others like Aer Lingus don't allow overhead headphones until after takeoff.

Could you enlighten us as to the airlines that don't allow Bluetooth? That's a new one for me.

Could you enlighten us as to the airlines that don't allow Bluetooth? That's a new one for me.

Even if they say they don't the chances of them spotting you using them is very slim anyway.

Aer Lingus that had it listed in their mag last September.

Aer Lingus that had it listed in their mag last September.

No mention of Bluetooth restrictions in the new magazine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Laptops with built in WLAN e.g. Centrino. **** sake Aer Lingus, it's not the 90's.

(Yes I know Wlan wasn't a thing in the 90's)

• Advertisement

Laptops with built in WLAN e.g. Centrino. **** sake Aer Lingus, it's not the 90's.

(Yes I know Wlan wasn't a thing in the 90's)

2 mins after taking that photo the crew told me to remove the headphones for takeoff and landing. 😠FFS that's core to the reasons for buying them!

Tazium wrote: »
    2 mins after taking that photo the crew told me to remove the headphones for takeoff and landing. 😠FFS that's core to the reasons for buying them!

It really is crazy. I flew three different airlines this week and not a problem on any!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭blackbox

Tazium wrote: »

That could be a safety requirement so that you can hear instructions from the crew during the highest risk part of the flight - nothing to do with the BT.

I see some people even seem reluctant to take them off for the safety instructions.

blackbox wrote: »
    That could be a safety requirement so that you can hear instructions from the crew during the highest risk part of the flight - nothing to do with the BT.

I see some people even seem reluctant to take them off for the safety instructions.

No it's they Aer Lingus don't allow head phones during take off or landing. I switched mine for ear buds until in air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

But thats changed on most airlines, even Ryanair. You can use your mp3 player Ipad etc at any time just not during safety demo. Aer lingus needs to change that.

• Advertisement

Yup both reasons (along with size and glasses) that I use the in-ear QC20's instead.

I have no difficulty sleeping with the in-ear ones in.

Strictly speaking they could still tell you to take the in-ears out for take off and landing, but they never have for me, while I've seen them tell other people with big on ear ones to take them off. I guess they are just less noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Anyone know any shops in Dublin that are selling the Sony MDR 100X headphones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭a clanger

Prices in Dublin yesterday still €259/309 for QC 25/35
    Dixon's in UK airport today £209/279 respectively

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Marklark

Prices going up now in the UK (£289 for QC25/ £329 for QC35) so for anyone considering buying, the price on Amazon.es may not last long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Price well up now in Dixon's Airport for QC 35, up to €359 or so. No where near €309.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Sony MDR-1000x 289 sterling Dixons Heathrow currently

Upgrade of qc35 software via bose connect, seems there are a lot of unhappy users with previous firmware, with minimal improvements in the latest

I have reverted back to firmware 1.0.6!

Info here; https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/Audio-Quality-Concerns-Since-Bose-Connect-QC35-1-2-9-Update/td-p/35518

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Evil_g

noclee wrote: »
    Sony MDR-1000x 289 sterling Dixons Heathrow currently

Having tried both on my last trip through Dublin Airport I'd actually prefer the Sony's. The ANC seemed better (to my great surprise) and I like the feature where you can cup the side to hear outside noise without taking them off.

Why all the love for the QC35s and no dedicated thread for the MD-1000x? Anyone want to try to change my mind? Or should I start a seperate thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Evil_g wrote: »
    Having tried both on my last trip through Dublin Airport I'd actually prefer the Sony's. The ANC seemed better (to my great surprise) and I like the feature where you can cup the side to hear outside noise without taking them off.

Why all the love for the QC35s and no dedicated thread for the MD-1000x? Anyone want to try to change my mind? Or should I start a seperate thread?

If you find a bargain for them do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

would it be fair to say the sound on the QC25 is better than QC35? Tried them both last week and thought the QC25 was considerably better.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement