Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice on Best(brand) all in one Printer to get

Options
  • 01-12-2016 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Hi Just want to ask Whats the best brand all in one printer to get now days ?
    Would it be Hp, cannon or brother.?

My old one was a hp psc 1205 all in one.
    Magazine reviews online are a waste of time all different views one was saying was good while another was it was crap.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

There is no "best brand", generally they are all cheap sh ite that will only last a couple of years.

However I've had a Brother AIO printer for the last 3 years that I've been more than happy with, before, I had a HP and it was awful, replaced under warranty after 2 months then it failed again after another 11 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

They're all much the same, however I'd avoid HP purely because their support is so terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

We only use HP/Cannon/Ricoh in work as they have been found to be the most reliable/user friendly

Other experiences I've had:-
    Kyocera are cheap and reliable - but their user interfaces and software is years behind their competitors.
    OKI are fierce expensive to run.
    IBM seem to be down more often that up

Don't have any experience with the rest.

Keep in mind I've only used very limited numbers of Kyocera/OKI/IBM machines and am just giving my own experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Magazine reviews online are a waste of time all different views one was saying was good while another was it was crap.

What makes you think you'll get a consistent response on boards?
    davo2001 wrote: »
    ..... I had a HP and it was awful, replaced under warranty after 2 months then it failed again after another 11 months.
    yeppydeppy wrote: »
    They're all much the same, however I'd avoid HP purely because their support is so terrible.
    Triangle wrote: »
    We only use HP/Cannon/Ricoh in work as they have been found to be the most reliable/user friendly

I've had a HP Photosmart C4680 since 2010 and it's performing fine with low usage, a great machine for home use. HP is a big seller which means that there are more dissatisfied HP customers out there than there is for a lot of other brands like Kyocera and Brother, it doesn't mean those brands are better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

coylemj wrote: »
    What makes you think you'll get a consistent response on boards? .

Cause it is public not paid off magazine writer given free stuff to write about it.

coylemj wrote: »
    I've had a HP Photosmart C4680 since 2010 and it's performing fine with low usage, a great machine for home use. HP is a big seller which means that there are more dissatisfied HP customers out there than there is for a lot of other brands like Kyocera and Brother, it doesn't mean those brands are better.

Ok tnx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Consumers don't get good units as 9 in 10 will go to HN/Currys and buy a €99 all in one. Each sub component(Printer, Scanner, Fax/Phone/Wifi) should be €99 not the lot. Decimated the device market, its now an ink business not a printer business.

When you get to the real market its usually different tech (such as laser) and large format that consumers can't feasibly buy.

If I printer more than once/quarter I'd be buying a CISS. Find out whats popular among kit producers, buy that. Buy compatible kit. Buy €50 ink. Never buy ink again for the rest of your life. Seriously, €50 in cartridges might get you 200 pages where as the same in a CISS will produce many thousands.

Advertisement