Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Land Owners Permission

Options
  • 01-12-2016 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I'm looking for some advice in relation to hunting in the Wicklow region, I've been doing a bit in the past on land in Roscommon and Sligo but it's quite a trek from Dublin.
    I'm not familiar with many farmers or land owners in Wicklow, so any pointers/guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DawnLoader

It's doesn't actually have to be specifically Wicklow but the surrounding areas of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Advert in Farmers Journal, or the local Wicklow paper. Advert in the office or the the canteen of Blessington mart. Or get a batch of business cards printed and hand them around personally in the mart. Something like "Pest control, Fox control" etc. All you need is one lad to give you a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Advert in Farmers Journal, or the local Wicklow paper. Advert in the office or the the canteen of Blessington mart. Or get a batch of business cards printed and hand them around personally in the mart. Something like "Pest control, Fox control" etc....

Good suggestions.

I'd only add that you might be wise to have evidence of your insurance with you whenever you get a chance to speak with a land owner and offer it to them before they even think of asking for it - shows your responsible, thinking of them aswell as yourself etc. Maybe include mention of it on the business cards, if you decide to get them done up :)

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement