Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Tesco in Balbriggan has the lifx bulbs too. The ones on display are colour but not sure about the boxed ones. Should have looked more closely. Going to buy one tomorrow to check out. Really wanted the WeMo switch but they didn't have any.

DarrenG wrote: »
    Tesco in Balbriggan has the lifx bulbs too. The ones on display are colour but not sure about the boxed ones. Should have looked more closely. Going to buy one tomorrow to check out. Really wanted the WeMo switch but they didn't have any.

They are the multicolor LED bulbs and are only €20.99. They have them in B22 and E27 fittings. Looking online I don't see them cheaper than GBP50. I got 2 of them for lights I wouldn't have put hue bulbs into.

y3mPp0Al1yaSubpCecemcYPRoYthi0Xiwg-YvVQhxUc2GFwQBKoNUi0GNqUty4aB5oWMS3cAe_YkehTkpME6XfvoU7ffEIFd1d2ZBPlRzfckgzbhxScHqWsW0BG_QeeVI16lZQBtqVumQ3aY8303poG65CKBZqghXtmzB77HbFBCYE?width=495&height=660&cropmode=none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Are the Lifx compatible with Alexa / Amazon Dot ?

Yes they are. I have them running fine after a frustrating amount of time trying to get them set up. The hue system is far more user friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I can't find these in Tesco Midleton, should they be in all Tesco shops?
    Can't find them on the Tesco website either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Amazon reviews are quite scathing, lots of upset buyers with the D-Link software, setup and maintenance.

Got these cameras, they are ok but take some messing to get working better. out of the box they are set at a low resolution and its not easy to find the settings to change it. you need to go into the advance settings and connecting to the cameras ip address, same way you connect to a router. in there can you change A LOT more settings. email photos, ftp etc once setup they are basically like standard webcams

Instead of just getting motion detected emails with no images, you can set them up to email multiple photos when motion is detected.

I setup some strinify flows so when the cameras detect motion they turn on lights. i setup "Front camera" and "back camera" labels in gmail.. so ..

when the back garden camera detects motion, it sends the email with the photos of the motion to gmail. gmail applys the label "backcamera" to this email.

The label "backcamera" in gmail triggers a stringify flow that "if" its nighttime then turn on the kitchen lights and outdoor lights, it then starts a 15 minutes timer after which it turns off the outside\kitchen lights again.

So by using HUE\LIFX\DLINK Cameras\gmail and stringify you can get some good use out of them.

If you get a motion email and check the camaras on your phone and someone happens to be robbing your shed, you can record video of it too.

For the price i think they where worth it to be honest. Along with a better camera link a ring pro in the front these would be great for monitoring the back garden\entrance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I can't find these in Tesco Midleton, should they be in all Tesco shops?
    Can't find them on the Tesco website either.

I tried Tesco Galway city center and also Oranmore - they did not have them

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rambunctious1

Currys have the Samsung R Lite 360 reduced to €99. As far as I can see, this is exactly the same product as the R1 which is €209/€249 depending on colour, but without a free Deezer Premium for 6 months. It integrates with Smartthings Hub and supports multi room streaming (a bit like Sonos), via Wifi or Bluetooth. Lovely speaker altogether.

http://www.currys.ie/Mobile/Product/samsung-r-lite-audio-360-wireless-smart-sound-multiroom-speaker-grey/340737/409.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭claytonie

Just picked up the last two Osram Lightify colour bulbs in Tesco Naas for €16.23 each, both paired up first time try with the Philips Hue Hub, kids delighted they can have a colourful room now.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭duffer247

DarrenG wrote: »
    Yes they are. I have them running fine after a frustrating amount of time trying to get them set up. The hue system is far more user friendly.

Do you use the Yonomi app?

• Advertisement

I don't use it at the moment

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,936 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Google Chromecast Audio reduced to €15 at PC World

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/google-chromecst-audio/328938/404.1.6

Great price, very handy to use with Google Home, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

bk wrote: »
    Google Chromecast Audio reduced to €15 at PC World

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/google-chromecst-audio/328938/404.1.6

Great price, very handy to use with Google Home, etc.

I picked one up on sunday great price. I was disappointed though that youtube wont cast to chromecast audio!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

jones wrote: »
    I picked one up on sunday great price. I was disappointed though that youtube wont cast to chromecast audio!!!

Ah seriously? I know there's probably a way around it with a different casting app/extension but come on like...

Ah seriously? I know there's probably a way around it with a different casting app/extension but come on like...

I'm sure there is some way around it but it doesn't natively support it which is a pain. I already have a pair of Denon Heos for spotify connect so i don't even need the chromecast for spotify etc. The only thing i can use for is pocketcasts it works perfectly. For €15 it's a good price all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

You can cast from Youtube if you're a "red" subscriber

You can cast from Youtube if you're a "red" subscriber

I thought Youtube red wasnt available in ireland yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

I thought Youtube red wasnt available in ireland yet?

It's not. But that doesn't mean he was wrong ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can it be grouped with a chromecast TV device?

I have Cast Speakers with the soundbar connected to the TV. I just link all of the other speakers to that and can play YouTube throughout...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Argos are doing a special offer at the moment on the colour ambiance starter kits when bought along with the LED light strip. Total price of €232 (€51 discount). Applies to GU10, B22 and E27 kits. Not a massive bargain but might be useful for some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Pedro32561 wrote: »
    Argos are doing a special offer at the moment on the colour ambiance starter kits when bought along with the LED light strip. Total price of €232 (€51 discount). Applies to GU10, B22 and E27 kits. Not a massive bargain but might be useful for some people.

Thats if they even have them in stock anywhere!!

They had great Hue discounts last year on everything, except none of it was in stock or even available to order for collection!

I somehow got 2 B22 white ambiance bulbs for €22.50 each (despite ordering E27's).

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Pedro32561

Thats if they even have them in stock anywhere!!

They had great Hue discounts last year on everything, except none of it was in stock or even available to order for collection!

I somehow got 2 B22 white ambiance bulbs for €22.50 each (despite ordering E27's).

True! I managed to get them reserved in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Ring doorbell of offer, not the Pro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

Is the price of £159 the offer price from yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

oinkely wrote: »
    Is the price of £159 the offer price from yesterday?

No they were £73.77 from the warehouse. They went quick was trying to decide whether to get one and now there gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭oinkely

garbeth wrote: »
    No they were £73.77 from the warehouse. They went quick was trying to decide whether to get one and now there gone.

ah Bugger. Definitely in the market for one, just waiting for the price to drop a bit. Guess camelcamel doesn't watch the warehouse bit on amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭paulbok

Arlo camera 2 camera kit down from £250 to 215 on Amazon.co.uk

paulbok wrote:
    down from £250 to 215 on Amazon.co.uk

Thanks for the heads up If it was the pro version I'd be all over it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Thanks for the heads up If it was the pro version I'd be all over it

£473 v £214 (2 camera kit) or £200 for ArloPro base and 2 ArloHD cameras.

Any particular reason why you would choose the ArloPro over ArloHD? (besides being the newer model)

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote:
    Any particular reason why you would choose the ArloPro over ArloHD? (besides being the newer model) £473 v £214 (2 camera kit) or £200 for ArloPro base and 2 ArloHD cameras.

The built in rechargeable battery is the main one but the pro seems a lot better overall. Not that I'd be paying 473 for it though

Advertisement