Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

sweet, i managed to get an order in too thanks a lot. i must check out camelcamelcamel.com ! never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

same, got the camelcamelcamel alert, clicked the link, saw full price, looked again, saw £28, ordered, came on here to post about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How's the Bloom compared to the Go?

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Gareth Keenan

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How's the Bloom compared to the Go?

Identical features vis a vis working with Hue bridges. The Go is slightly larger size, and is 6W vs the Bloom's 8W. The Go can be run on rechargeable battery for a few hours (so you could take it outside), the Bloom is wired. The Go is a kind of bowl shape, the Bloom is angled. The Go has a few preprogrammed moods accessible via a button on it, the Blooms doesn't. THE BLOOM IS £28 WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭skerry

Is this deal still available lads? In work so can't check properly at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,760 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Their already gone at that price on Amazon!!

put in the basket on the iPhone, went up 10 minutes later to buy on desktop and it was gone!

Identical features vis a vis working with Hue bridges. The Go is slightly larger size, and is 6W vs the Bloom's 8W. The Go can be run on rechargeable battery for a few hours (so you could take it outside), the Bloom is wired. The Go is a kind of bowl shape, the Bloom is angled. The Go has a few preprogrammed moods accessible via a button on it, the Blooms doesn't. THE BLOOM IS £28 WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

So have a Go behind the TV in the game room but was thinking the Bloom might be better at that.

So have a Go behind the TV in the game room but was thinking the Bloom might be better at that.

Yes, 100% better,

a GO sends light in all directions, a Bloom sends light 1 direction (away from your TV onto your back wall.

Their already gone at that price on Amazon!!

put in the basket on the iPhone, went up 10 minutes later to buy on desktop and it was gone!
    Well in that case, I'm going to put a positive spin on this and say I've just saved myself £28 :)

Wonder was this en error or do they generally drop to this price range, can't remember what price they were down to in the Prime sale recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Seems to be back to the normal price now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭OU812

Balls, been looking for one for ages at the right price.
    B&Q had them at £28 last week marked at clearance. I wonder if they're bringing out a revised one

Deal is back! £28 for the bloom again
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KDG58BC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Seems to be a delay in shipping of up to 4 weeks. Order is fulfilled by Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KDG58BC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers, I just stuck in an order for two for behind the TVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Got one meself, no idea where its going yet. Cheers folks.

Legend, just nabbed one there. Thanks for sharing. Now to figure out what to do with it :)

Should be quicker than that.

Cheers, I just stuck in an order for two for behind the TVs.

That's where mine is going
    morritty wrote: »
    Got one meself, no idea where its going yet. Cheers folks.
    skerry wrote: »
    Legend, just nabbed one there. Thanks for sharing. Now to figure out what to do with it :)

Behind the TV is a great place for them, otherwise somewhere out of sight so you just get the effect

If you have an Philips Ambilight TV, you can use this to enhance the effect behind your TV by using the Ambilight & Hue app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

OU812 wrote: »
    Behind the TV is a great place for them, otherwise somewhere out of sight so you just get the effect

If you have an Philips Ambilight TV, you can use this to enhance the effect behind your TV by using the Ambilight & Hue app.

No ambilight on mine, but I'll give it a go anyway

B**tards!!

Hue Bulbs numbers 47 & 48 in my system have just been ordered!!

B**tards!!

50 bulb limit on the hub, right?

I've just realised you've spent the guts of €2k on lightbulbs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

B**tards!!

They'll make it back on savings on running costs ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

B**tards!!

unofficially its 63 bulbs per bridge.

I've also 6 dimmer switches and 3 sensors (though 1 is still in the box)

probably a lot more than €2,000 all in at this stage!

Dardania wrote: »

true, since going all hue, I've noticed my electric bill have reduced from same periods last year. (80% of my lighting last year was either Hue or standard LED/Energy Saver, so the €20 or so a month cheaper now compared to last year is because of the 10 Hue GU10's in my kitchen that replaced 10 50w spots)
    so my kitchen spots alone have gone from 500w down to 65w usage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 PeterMilford

Me too, also, the whole automation thing of just being able to leave the house and know that all the lights will turn off without me doing anything and then selected ones coming back when I return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,752 ✭✭✭degsie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Hue starter set

Hue 3 colour bulb starter set is €120 on amazon.de

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭xpletiv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭deezell

B stock Tado Smart thermostat kit from Maplin UK only €79 delivered to UK, new in store only for £99, you could pick up in Norn Iron stores. €119 for used stock in ROI. Bargain way to get on smart thermostat wagon, I have it and it's the business. They also do smart TRVs which the thermostat can interact with, and an extendion kit for hot water control.
    https://www.maplin.co.uk/p/used-tado-v2-smart-thermostat-with-smartphone-and-browser-control-and-monitor-b28qz

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

anyone else get an email form Amazon about the Hue Bloom which a good few users manged to nab for £28?

Mine basically states that they are still trying to get hold off (which seems to be the case as you cant even buy at full price). They are offering a cancellation, so I have a feeling it will shortly be an enforced cancellation.

• Advertisement

anyone else get an email form Amazon about the Hue Bloom which a good few users manged to nab for £28?

Mine basically states that they are still trying to get hold off (which seems to be the case as you cant even buy at full price). They are offering a cancellation, so I have a feeling it will shortly be an enforced cancellation.

I got the email, I had ordered 2, if they come, great, if not, meh, not too bothered either way!!

Got same mail last week. Not in any rush so hopefully it arrives at some stage, not the end of the world if it doesn't though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I got the email, I had ordered 2, if they come, great, if not, meh, not too bothered either way!!

I'm the same. I had forgotten that I ordered it and will just leave it for now. If it comes great if not I don't mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Shlippery

I'd actually got onto them on chat about it and they said to wait until today even though I knew well it wouldn't be dispatched in time for todays expected delivery. Still happy to wait it out. It'll be a nice surprise if they honour the price.

Philips Hue Gu10 down to £38

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

Gone back up to £49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Dont know if its cheap but picked up a tp link hs100 smartplug in DID electrical for 29.99 just now,

https://www.did.ie/catalog/product/view/id/7502/s/tp-link-wi-fi-smart-plug-hs100/category/2/?___SID=U

• Moderators Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mech1 wrote: »
    Dont know if its cheap but picked up a tp link hs100 smartplug in DID electrical for 29.99 just now,

https://www.did.ie/catalog/product/view/id/7502/s/tp-link-wi-fi-smart-plug-hs100/category/2/?___SID=U

Same (9c cheaper) in Harvey norman. The power monitoring ones are 35 in harvey norman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

true, since going all hue, I've noticed my electric bill have reduced from same periods last year. (80% of my lighting last year was either Hue or standard LED/Energy Saver, so the €20 or so a month cheaper now compared to last year is because of the 10 Hue GU10's in my kitchen that replaced 10 50w spots)
    so my kitchen spots alone have gone from 500w down to 65w usage!!

How is the light from them?
    I tried some LED versions of the GU10s but they didn’t disperse the light enough, they were almost like spots.....Wife hated them......?

How are the hues? I’d love to add them, assume they work with Alexa as well?

ctlsleh wrote: »
    How is the light from them?
    I tried some LED versions of the GU10s but they didn’t disperse the light enough, they were almost like spots.....Wife hated them......?

How are the hues? I’d love to add them, assume they work with Alexa as well?

Isn’t that also the whole point of GU10 bulbs! They are spots!

The Hue GU10’s work great, a like for like replacement for the 12v spots I had in the kitchen, only 100 times better!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

[QUOTE=AndyBoBandy;104899751]Isn’t that also the whole point of GU10 bulbs! They are spots!

The Hue GU10’s work great, a like for like replacement for the 12v spots I had in the kitchen, only 100 times better!![/QUOTE]

No, GU10s' come in Spot or Flood lights. Not sure about the Hue versions as I don't have any......yet !!!

Either way, the Hue ones have a fairly good spread

Amazon are doing a deal on twin packs of E14s and the white gu10s. Buy 3, pay for 2.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambiance-Personal-Wireless-Lighting/dp/B0748KLR3B/ref=pd_sim_201_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VD00FBGC2DBPYTYCA084

Seen the deal on another thread in bargain alerts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Amazon are doing a deal on twin packs of E14s and the white gu10s. Buy 3, pay for 2.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambiance-Personal-Wireless-Lighting/dp/B0748KLR3B/ref=pd_sim_201_5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=VD00FBGC2DBPYTYCA084

Seen the deal on another thread in bargain alerts

I had been holding out to get some e14 for black Friday but got this now instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

matrim wrote: »
    I had been holding out to get some e14 for black Friday but got this now instead.

I just can't bring myself to spend that sort of money on lightbulbs, would love to but it still just seems too expensive

• Moderators Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

And here I thought GU10 bulbs were expensive. £85 for 2 bulbs (€28 per bulb in the "deal")!

Anyone notice how Amazon don't tell you what "deal" price you paid per item in your invoice? They give you the full price, and then a promotion is discounted from the total. Makes it a little be harder to see you actually paid for an item (in my case i've 3 items in my invoice from Prime day, so I dont know how the discount broke down).

Just pulled the trigger on 4 White Ambiance GU10's and 2 colour E14's - These things will be the ruin of me!!

I'm not sure on the Gu10s. All my other bulbs are colour & I need to replace 8 standards, the white are reasonable enough, but I REALLY want the colour

I'm not sure on the Gu10s. All my other bulbs are colour & I need to replace 8 standards, the white are reasonable enough, but I REALLY want the colour

I've already got 10 GU10 colours in my kitchen, along with 4 White Ambiance GU10's on my landing (and 2 spare new ones still unused), so the 4 I've ordered today will go into 6 spots (plus the 2 spares) in the attic which is only a guest room, so guests be foooked if they think their getting a colour/disco room!!

Also the fittings in the attic won't take the Hue colour GU10's but the White Ambiance ones fit no bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tempted to pull the treasure on this. Been looking at it since sending my Canary back.

Arlo Q is down from £149 to £119. Cheapest its been in a while. It has been down as far as £100 and may get down that far on Black Friday but I think I may go with it at this price:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Arlo-Security-Camera-NETGEAR-VMC3040-100UKS/dp/B01AWADR4S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508486292&sr=8-2&keywords=arlo+q

Advertisement