Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

3 for 2 on Hue Products? I can't see that on Amazon UK, do you have a link?

click on one of the bulbs, and in the description, there should be a little note saying they are part of a promotion

6 Colour E27/B22 bulbs for £170.

now theres a thought!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Thanks not valid for the light strips or the motion sensor it looks like which is what I'm after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks not valid for the light strips or the motion sensor it looks like which is what I'm after.

Two motion sensors and a switch for €78ish on Amazon.es

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Anyone else have Black Friday purchases already shipped, but with no tracking details (apart from the standard Amazon ordered-dispatched-out for delivery tracker?

And in the last 15-20 Amazon deliveries I've received, none had Royal Mail as the carrier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21 mairbu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Anyone else have Black Friday purchases already shipped, but with no tracking details (apart from the standard Amazon ordered-dispatched-out for delivery tracker?

And in the last 15-20 Amazon deliveries I've received, none had Royal Mail as the carrier.

Yep,

A record I ordered shipped on Saturday, but no tracking info, expected delivery Dec 13-22nd. gonna be tight for Xmas.
    Everything else will be with address pal for this Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

In the space of the last 10 days, I've gone from having the Hue stater kit (3 colour bulbs) as my only real home automation equipment to buying a second starter kit, 6 GU10's, a Logitech Harmony Elite remote and a Google Home mini!

We're doing an extension to the house in the new year, so I'm justifying all of it as being part of that cost!

There'll be a Nest thermostat added at that point too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

In the space of the last 10 days, I've gone from having the Hue stater kit (3 colour bulbs) as my only real home automation equipment to buying a second starter kit, 6 GU10's, a Logitech Harmony Elite remote and a Google Home mini!

We're doing an extension to the house in the new year, so I'm justifying all of it as being part of that cost!

There'll be a Nest thermostat added at that point too

We are moving house in a few weeks, a lot of my purchases for the last 2 weeks have fallen under similar category :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Ended up getting the below today
    3x2 gu10 hue bulbs in the 3 for 2 offer
    2mtr and 1mtr hue strip for 49.99 on amazon.es
    2 motion sensors and switch amazon.es offer

now to figure out what to do with it all.....

I only needed 3 bulbs a switch and motion sensor...... ohh well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Ended up getting the below today
    3x2 gu10 hue bulbs in the 3 for 2 offer
    2mtr and 1mtr hue strip for 49.99 on amazon.es
    2 motion sensors and switch amazon.es offer

now to figure out what to do with it all.....

I only needed 3 bulbs a switch and motion sensor...... ohh well

:P i'll take a sensor off ya, name a price!

(i bought 3 gu10s and need a sensor...)

Thanks that light strip deal dropped an extra tenner so plumped for it, I need a motion sensor too but don't really need the second one or the switch, I'm not sure I get the usefulness of the switch if I have voice activation everywhere I use the lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Thanks that light strip deal dropped an extra tenner so plumped for it, I need a motion sensor t0o but don't really need the second one or the switch, I'm not sure I get the usefulness of the switch if I have voice activation everywhere I use the lights?

Had the switch before voice setup, sometimes it's just handy to have for guests who may be sleeping over on the couch!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Shlippery wrote: »
    Had the switch before voice setup, sometimes it's just handy to have for guests who may be sleeping over on the couch!

Yes, I have switches in all rooms, needed when granparents/baby sitters over.

Plus we actually end up using the switches a lot more then voice (which does get used too) but sometimes you just can't beat physical controls.

I'm assuming it can't dynamically change which lights it works with can it? As in you'd pretty much need a switch per room?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I think you can set the switch to control two rooms? but if you do the lights in both rooms come on when you press the button.. im open to be corrected on that.

I have switches in the bedrooms because the motion sensors dont really make sense there. getting up at night and the light comes on etc..

Something i noticed with the motion sensors for anyone using apple home. Now that they are listed in there they provide temperature for each room and lux levels.

Also in the apple home automations you can use the hue motion sensors to control other things than lights. eg if you have a elgato eve plug ( which is homekit compatible), you can set it to turn on when it detects motion.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,110 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm assuming it can't dynamically change which lights it works with can it? As in you'd pretty much need a switch per room?
    I think you can set the switch to control two rooms? but if you do the lights in both rooms come on when you press the button.. im open to be corrected on that.

If you use the iConnectHue app (iOS) you can set the switch to do all sorts of funky stuff. Such as control lights in different rooms or different groups of lights.

For instance in the bedroom, I've the top and bottom buttons turn on/off the main ceiling light, while I have the middle two "dimmer" buttons to turn on/off a pair of bedside Hue Bloom lights to a particular scene.

Don't forget you also have options on multiple button clicks, though that can get complicated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭dam099

bk wrote: »
    If you use the iConnectHue app (iOS) you can set the switch to do all sorts of funky stuff. Such as control lights in different rooms or different groups of lights.

For instance in the bedroom, I've the top and bottom buttons turn on/off the main ceiling light, while I have the middle two "dimmer" buttons to turn on/off a pair of bedside Hue Bloom lights to a particular scene.

Don't forget you also have options on multiple button clicks, though that can get complicated.

You can also set up each button to toggle on/off a light or group by using "Split by group on state" so potentially can control 4. I mounted one sideways to control 3 lights that way and made the 4th button all 3 off aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

dam099 wrote: »
    You can also set up each button to toggle on/off a light or group by using "Split by group on state" so potentially can control 4. I mounted one sideways to control 3 lights that way and made the 4th button all 3 off aswell.

Is any of this doable with android?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭dam099

Uriel. wrote: »
    Is any of this doable with android?
    No idea on Android as I mostly use iConnecthue on iOS. Its also doable with a Windows app - HueDynamic which I used first on my PC (I couldn't find how to do it in the iConnecthue documentation initially).

I have seen other posters refer to All4Hue as being similar to iConnecthue so it might do but I cant confirm.

dam099 wrote: »

That is a brilliant idea, never thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭iba

Yi Outdoor Cam for 75 Dollars on Amazon Usa - comes with free Yi indoor cam.

https://www.amazon.com/YI-Security-Wireless-Waterproof-Surveillance/dp/B01CW49AGG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1511814366&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=yi+outdoor+camera&psc=1

I got one using An Post USA Address Pal.

Also saw double power sockets with two USB ports in Woodies yesterday for 8.50 Euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Hi,

Is there any difference in the versions of hue white and colour ambience and the newer bulbs, seen this deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambiance-Wireless-Lighting-Starter/dp/B01K1WP7Z4/?tag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=trd-1539494688-21

But its the older bulb ?

Hi,

Is there any difference in the versions of hue white and colour ambience and the newer bulbs, seen this deal

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Ambiance-Wireless-Lighting-Starter/dp/B01K1WP7Z4/?tag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=trd-1539494688-21

But its the older bulb ?

Theres no difference that you'd notice, as they are both the latest gen 'richer colour' bulbs.

At a guess I'd say the newer ones are the latest batch, possibly with different packaging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Shlippery wrote: »
    :P i'll take a sensor off ya, name a price!

(i bought 3 gu10s and need a sensor...)

After looking up some reviews of what the sensor can do I think I have a plan for it but it could involve more bulbs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Philips Hue White Only B22 Twin pack is down to £21.99 on Amazon and is also part of the 3 for 2 promotion meaning you can get 6 bulbs for £44 working out at about £7.33 per bulb.

Great price for anyone looking to expand their Hue set-up on the cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Personal-Wireless-Lighting-Bayonet/dp/B0748MDYJN/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1511860109&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=hue&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Philips Hue White Only B22 Twin pack is down to £21.99 on Amazon and is also part of the 3 for 2 promotion meaning you can get 6 bulbs for £44 working out at about £7.33 per bulb.

Great price for anyone looking to expand their Hue set-up on the cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Personal-Wireless-Lighting-Bayonet/dp/B0748MDYJN/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1511860109&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=hue&psc=1

Still showing as 24.99 for me even using the link above?

tonc76 wrote: »
    Still showing as 24.99 for me even using the link above?

Showing the same for me now!! deal is gone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Showing the same for me now!! deal is gone!

Booooooooooooooooooo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Theres no difference that you'd notice, as they are both the latest gen 'richer colour' bulbs.

At a guess I'd say the newer ones are the latest batch, possibly with different packaging.

Thanks, I missed the deal, it's gone now, fell asleep on the couch and forgot :-(

Probably just as well, have bought two hue go lamps, and so far over the last few months have bought hue hub and bulbs, smarthings hub, raspberry pi so sense needs to prevail, and I better start thinking about Lego and jewelry for herself and the young fella (not in that order) for Christmas.

Never mind, Starter kit bought on Friday has just arrived. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lostphrophet

blink44 wrote: »
    Same as myself, ordered on Tuesday night, hopefully they ship soon cause if they are going to cancel it I see maplins uk have the same deal and would be sickened if John Lewis cancelled and then the deal on maplins was gone

Dont bother with Maplin UK i tried order a google home using Parcel Motel, they accepted then cancelled. See below:rolleyes:

Ordered from Google Uk :D

upon checking our records the order has been cancelled as we are unable to dispatch goods to a parcel motel, and also we are unable to delivery goods to an alternatively address from the one registered in your pay pal account for security reasons.

• Moderators Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭Spocker

Dont bother with Maplin UK i tried order a google home using Parcel Motel, they accepted then cancelled. See below:rolleyes:

Ordered from Google Uk :D

upon checking our records the order has been cancelled as we are unable to dispatch goods to a parcel motel, and also we are unable to delivery goods to an alternatively address from the one registered in your pay pal account for security reasons.

Ordered a Google Mini from Maplins to AddressPal last night; order accepted and paid with Revolut, no cancellation yet

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lostphrophet

Spocker wrote: »
    Ordered a Google Mini from Maplins to AddressPal last night; order accepted and paid with Revolut, no cancellation yet

Yeah address pal seemed more straight forward i used addresspal with the google site fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

My starter kit with colour B22 bulbs arrived today and just got a text to say my Google Mini is in my Parcel Motel locker(2 minutes drive up the road)

Life is good. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Ordered a Ghome from maplin last week and had it in parcel motel locker in dublin before the end of the week. No issues at all.

Amazon Fire Stick bought on Monday evening delivered to PM today, so hopefully will be in hand at some stage tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭davo2001

Where's the bargins lads? All i see is delivery related ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭deezell

SachaJ wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about these Z-Wave plugs with power monitoring?
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heiman-HS2SK-Z-Smart-Plug-White/253260185417?hash=item3af77bbf49:g:buYAAOSwbw1aCZvx

Buy 1 get one 50% off. Works out at £22.50 for each plug when bought in pairs. That's exceptional value for a Z-Wave plug.

Edit - reduced now to £24.99 plus one at 50% off. £37.50 for two Z-Wave plugs
    davo2001 wrote: »

Heres a couple. Electric Ireland will supply and Install Nest for €130. Tado V3 smart stat starter kit on Amazon for £149

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

davo2001 wrote: »

Which are follow ups to bargains posted and purchased. Mostly not available for delivery to Ireland.

Its no biggie imo and good to hear that people are getting their deliveries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

Appears to be a 3 for 2 on Hue E14s. I accidentally bought three, only got charged for two.

Honestly. Total accident. Was checking to see if it took off the third & forgot I'd one-click ordering enabled. Oh Well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

OU812 wrote: »
    Appears to be a 3 for 2 on Hue E14s. I accidentally bought three, only got charged for two.

Honestly. Total accident. Was checking to see if it took off the third & forgot I'd one-click ordering enabled. Oh Well...

Its working across the range of Hue and not just the E14. Can mix and match, white, colour, E14, B22 etc

Promotions applied:
    3for2Hue
    Free Shipping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Amazon UK have a 20% off Blink cameras. seems to be on all kits. there is a voucher to collect on the page

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

thecivvie wrote: »
    Amazon UK have a 20% off Blink cameras. seems to be on all kits. there is a voucher to collect on the page

Already have indoor blinks cameras. Was hoping they would apply a 20% discount on the single Blink XT (Outdoor Cameras)!! NOt too be!

BobbyT28

edit

Just spotted that the promotion applies to the Blink XT also, you just apply the promotion and when you get to checkout it is deducted.

Got it for £95. Lovely, was hoping these would come down.

Going to use it as a baby cam and when we don't need it for that i'm going to stick it outside.

BobbyT28

Davy wrote: »
    Its working across the range of Hue and not just the E14. Can mix and match, white, colour, E14, B22 etc

Also the colour E27/B22 twin packs are down £5 to £80, so with the 3 for 2, it works out at £27 per bulb, which is excellent value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Already have indoor blinks cameras. Was hoping they would apply a 20% discount on the single Blink XT (Outdoor Cameras)!! NOt too be!

BobbyT28

edit

Just spotted that the promotion applies to the Blink XT also, you just apply the promotion and when you get to checkout it is deducted.

Going to use it as a baby cam and when we don't need it for that i'm going to stick it outside.

BobbyT28

I'd been looking out for an XT myself, sadly the camera on it's own seems to be missing entirely now.

Nest Protect (battery) down to £96.66 on amazon

Hardly earth shattering, but it appeared over the last week or 2 that it wasn't going to budge from £99

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

BobbyT28 wrote: »

BobbyT28

edit

BobbyT28

Where is it for 95? i can see the xt for 150 before discount but nothing that comes to 95

• Advertisement

Them blink cameras any good, they look pretty limited for the price, do they only record 5 second clips? Is there anyway to expand the 2GB limit with a subscription?

Advertisement