Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Home Automation Bargain Alerts thread - No General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

not sure if this is a bargain - Echo Plus (1st Gen) Alexa party bundle

includes the Echo Plus (1st Gen), the Woox Smart Plug, the Echo Buttons and the Philips Hue White bulb E27

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

picked up 2 dimmer+bulb packs and a bloom a couple of hours ago. All half price at Woodies Tallaght. Not sure what to do with the Bloom yet but seemed like good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Bored Accountant

Woodies will suddenly think there is a massive demand for Hue products with how its all disappearing off the shelf with the discounts and start stocking more :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Woodies will suddenly think there is a massive demand for Hue products with how its all disappearing off the shelf with the discounts and start stocking more :)

Rumour is they are switching to Hive products and hence the clearing of all the Hue stock.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Ring Doorbell 2 and Echo Dot (Gen 2) only £179 on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GY6MDVL?tag=22&th=1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭Frank Castle

Thanks for the heads up on Woodies, just saved myself a fortune for the new house (starter kit and 6 bulbs for €110) :)

Woodies in castlebar still has a good few starter kits and dimmers left... someone bought up the last of the individual bulbs though ;P

Note: they are still marked at full price on the shelf, had to take it to the till then the price was reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Was in woodies tallaght last night at 7:30 PM they had about 6 starter kits and 6 bloom lights on the shelf. Down another aisle there was a set of shelves like they use for plants that had a sign saying up to 90% off with that had about 8 dimmer and white bulbs. Nothing that I was looking for though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I grabbed two Iris lights in Tallaght last night, there were two left behind me. As in Castlebar, still priced at 99.99 on the shelf, but asked for a price check at the checkout and it was confirmed that both were now 49.99 each. I actually missed the Bloom lights, which is a pity as I would have definitely grabbed one or two.

Would love to grab another coloured bulb or two, doesn't seem to be any left anywhere though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,767 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Was just in Woodies in Swords (Seatown) and took the last of their Hue stock,

They only had 4 B22 White Only bulbs, but at €3 each, I couldn’t not get them.they weren’t even on a shelf, but were in/on a clearance trolly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Was just in Woodies in Swords (Seatown) and took the last of their Hue stock,

They only had 4 B22 White Only bulbs, but at €3 each, I couldn’t not get them.they weren’t even on a shelf, but were in/on a clearance trolly.

Wow, that has to be in the top 5 bargains found, albeit quite localized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Great bargain, you lucky divil!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

Wow, that has to be in the top 5 bargains found, albeit quite localized.

nice!

Hue E27 colour bulb twin pack down to £66 on Amazon

Hue E27 starter kit + dimmer switch down to £124 on Amazon, add in an Echo Dot for £150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Tried the Woodies in Kilkenny but couldn't find any €3 bulbs :( but picked up (what I think) was the last Hue Iris for €50 so happy enough with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

Philips hue range not reduced in Woodies Blanchardstown. There was a lot of Philips downlighters reduced...half price I think but not hue. There wasn't a lot of hue stock either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭tnegun

I picked up some bulbs and remotes from Woodies in Lucan still marked at full price but was 50% off at the till. Still had 3/4 remote/bulb combos left and a few starter packs too.
    edit:
    Just to note that these aren't in the lighting section but in a security/automation one beside the paints! Was the same spot in Woodies Naas Rd but they only had starter packs left.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Only a handful of starter kits left at Carrickmines, €56

Nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 20 mickthewig

Anyone spot any deals on light switches with a built-in PIR? I think they're called occupancy sensors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Apparently Tesco have Hue white bulbs for 19.95 and Dimmer kits for 24.95

Rew wrote: »
    Apparently Tesco have Hue white bulbs for 19.95 and Dimmer kits for 24.95

That’s a good price for the dimmer kit, but I believe Argos do the white only bulbs for about €19

Having said that I can never ever buy a white only bulb for again as they’ll never be as cheap as the 4 I got yesterday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

fletch wrote: »
    Philips hue range not reduced in Woodies Blanchardstown. There was a lot of Philips downlighters reduced...half price I think but not hue. There wasn't a lot of hue stock either.

They are , just not marked on the shelf . I picked up 2 Iris and a Bloom yesterday .

gizabeer wrote: »
    They are , just not marked on the shelf . I picked up 2 Iris and a Bloom yesterday .

Nope but they'll reduce at the the till.

Woodies Sandyford had 1 Iris and a handful of starter kits and dimmer kits (dimmer kits €22), not far of Amazon specials, would never pay full price there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Woodies in kilkenny still had alot of Philips hue products left on shelf today (with light switches and sockets not lightbulbs) all half price at till. Picked up a few dimmer kits. now I have whole house (small cottage) fitted with hue bulbs

(with light switches and sockets not lightbulbs

Unbelievable! Might explain why they didn’t sell in the first place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Woodies in Athlone had nothing. Asked one of the lads on the floor who told me it's years since they stocked any Philips lighting products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Woodies in Athlone had nothing. Asked one of the lads on the floor who told me it's years since they stocked any Philips lighting products

same, checked it the other day, to fancy for us in the midlands...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

guys the missus bought the white hue ones in woodies yesterday.got yesterday for 58 euro so if anyone wants them for the same price or swap.got the e27 when infact i needed the b22.box only opened to check.would prefer a swap if possible but will take same price i payed for them.thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Just get some adapters, Ikea do them.

morritty wrote: »
    Just get some adapters, Ikea do them.

any light shop have them maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Maybe, all else fails, Amazon do have them

Edit: Woodies too

• Advertisement

Same for Woodies in Clonmel

Just an update, Clonmel have 2 dimmers packs and a number of screw cap bulbs - over in Light Switches Section (previously looked in the wrong place)

ya going to get them now thanks

only setup 2 bulbs so far and kids love them especially using with alexa.great fun i think i have got the bug now.colour bulbs are expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 43 denisfarran

Just picked this up. Offer valid through to 15 Nov

All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Black + Philips Hue White and Color Starter Kit E27 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H31LD3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hZB5Bb9H1B3AZ

Also have White starter kit & Dot for £59.99

All-new Echo Dot (3rd Gen), Black + Philips Hue White and Color Starter Kit E27 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H31LD3W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_hZB5Bb9H1B3AZ

i was just gonna get this but...is it a good deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭THE ALM

that's a good deal

i was just gonna get this but...is it a good deal?

Works out at £30 each for the bulbs & £20 for the new Echo Dot, and the hub for free.

The twin pack bulbs are £65 atm & the new Dot is £50

Works out at £30 each for the bulbs & £20 for the new Echo Dot, and the hub for free.

The twin pack bulbs are £65 atm & the new Dot is £50

What was the € conversion as amazon seem to add a bit extra

What was the € conversion as amazon seem to add a bit extra

I have my card set up to pay in Sterling, so Amazon don't get their conversion rate, & the only extra Amazon added was the difference in the VAT. Total was £81.98.

I won't see how much in Euro until it comes up on my Credit card.

Actually, the B22 Colour Twin Pack is £73.81 atm. E27s are £64.99. Make sure you get the bulb type you want. The deal is the same for E27 & B22.

• Advertisement

I have my card set up to pay in Sterling, so Amazon don't get their conversion rate, & the only extra Amazon added was the difference in the VAT. Total was £81.98.

I won't see how much in Euro until it comes up on my Credit card.

Actually, the B22 Colour Twin Pack is £73.81 atm. E27s are £64.99. Make sure you get the bulb type you want. The deal is the same for E27 & B22.

thanks a lot ill pay with my revoult card for this i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

May get this also but have a hub already

Are they easy to sell?

Bayonet bulbs in our house can you get adapters for these bulbs?

Are they easy to sell?

Don’t know how much they go for. Even without the hub, it’s a good deal.

Look on the right hand side of the page in a browser & you can open a Configuration drop-down where you can select B22 instead of E27, & white or colour. Here’s what it looks like on iPhone.

Are they easy to sell?

i got the adapters in my local light shop for 4 euro for 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Don’t know how much they go for. Even without the hub, it’s a good deal.

Look on the right hand side of the page in a browser & you can open a Configuration drop-down where you can select B22 instead of E27, & white or colour. Here’s what it looks like on iPhone.

Perfect ordered

Perfect ordered

Still waiting here to bite the bullet lol. Wonder will they be reduced in black Friday week

• Advertisement

Still waiting here to bite the bullet lol. Wonder will they be reduced in black Friday week

Have a look on camelcamelcamel to see what they did last year, maybe. The color bulb twin packs have been stuck at £84.99 since the end of July. Lowest I paid was £60.13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Just got the last individual bulbs in Woodies Turner's Cross. Plenty of bloom packs and white starter packs left though.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭NoeldeBournaix

Rumour is they are switching to Hive products and hence the clearing of all the Hue stock.

That rumour was correct.

In the Waterford branch of Woodies, they have now cleared the shelves of Philips Hue, and they have fully stocked up on Hive - bulbs, motion sensors, starter kits, thermostats, the lot.

I'm not too familiar with the pricing of Hive, so cant say for sure if they are going to be competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭deezell

That rumour was correct.

In the Waterford branch of Woodies, they have now cleared the shelves of Philips Hue, and they have fully stocked up on Hive - bulbs, motion sensors, starter kits, thermostats, the lot.

I'm not too familiar with the pricing of Hive, so cant say for sure if they are going to be competitive.
    €299 for stat, 2 zone receiver and hub last time I looked, self install.

That rumour was correct.

If it's like most things they wont be competitive when things are full price

• Advertisement
Advertisement