Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite & claiming for test cost/reports etc

Options
  • 01-12-2016 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can claim back for the cost of the testing and reports etc if you have to get Pyrite remedial work done on your house?

Our insurance home bond is still in date thankfully, which means we are claiming for the remedial work off that, but i was wondering is there any way of recuperating the cost of the testing?

So far these costs are coming in over €3500 so i would be hopeful we might be able to claim this back or even part of it.

Has anyone any experience with this?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Germancarfan

Good luck getting homebond to cover it. They've washed their hands of most others.
    The Govt remediation scheme certainly covers off at least some of these costs but I'm not sure of any other route.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Good luck getting homebond to cover it. They've washed their hands of most others.
    The Govt remediation scheme certainly covers off at least some of these costs but I'm not sure of any other route.

Nearly our whole estate is being fixed at the moment. My neighbours either side of me have had the work done by OSG, and most of the estate is getting done or has been done, so i can't see me having any issues getting it done.

Maybe it's not Homebond, but we are claiming off the builders insurers who the policy was taken out with and they have done nearly every house that was tested so far.

Advertisement