Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV AVD & AVH files - how to view?

Options
  • 01-12-2016 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

I downloaded an incident from CCTV camera recording to a USB stick. There are two files - AVD and AVH files. There is one AVH file paired with the AVD File - for example, file0001.avh and file0001.avd (larger file).

This was recorded on a security system and I can view it in playback on the CCTV recording system monitor.

I need to be able to view the video on a PC or laptop by opening the files saved on the USB stick.

I cannot find any software to download to enable viewing these files or converting them to a file format that I would be then able to view.

Anyone out there know how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Have you tried VLC Media Player? It's generally good with odd video formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

This might identify what bundle of joy they encoded it with :

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭J.R.

Have you tried VLC Media Player? It's generally good with odd video formats.

Yes - I've tried that - doesn't recognise files.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was it downloaded from a camera or a DVR?

gctest50 wrote: »
    This might identify what bundle of joy they encoded it with :

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/GSpot270a.zip

I downloaded that & inserted link to file

not sure how to use this program & what I'm looking for.

[IMG][/img]Capture_zps8ypw5ums.jpg

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Was it downloaded from a camera or a DVR?

From a DVR

A CCTV IP camera is linked in to a DVR.

I played back the incident on DVR and then saved it to a USB stick.

[IMG][/img]dvr_zpsu6zltfbz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

What make and model NVR/DVR is it? The AVD & AVH file formats are most likley the manufacturers propietry file formats, and would require thier video player to viewthe footage. When you exported the footage, did it give you the option to export a player?

The make of DVR is NVR.

No file available to download to allow viewing.

A disc came with the recorder.

I opened the disc and downloaded file . I thought this would play the videos - it probably does but it's in Chinese and I can figure it it,

The is also a file entitled ENGLISH but when I open it it is just a copy of the booklet that came with the DVR. THe booklet only explains how to connect camera to DVR...nothing about playback.

This is what was in the file...I have clicked the box in centre hoping it would open files on my computer to click but nothing.

[IMG][/img]view%20cctv_zpseuwds5hp.jpg

I have clicked the box in centre hoping it would open files on my computer to click but instead this box comes up.

[IMG][/img]Cvcxapture_zpsoykg1ayi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jgorres

jgorres wrote: »

Thanks for that!!

I tried a Google search first before posting the question here.

Nothing on Google to open & play AVD & AVH files

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I doubt NVR is the make. That usually stands for Network Video Recorder in the CCTV world. Itd be like a vacuum cleaner manufacturer calling themselves 'Vaccuum Cleaner limited'

Advertisement